They're Here (30 ft ElDorado low floors THE 2600s)

pace2322

I saw it. The author's name works, as he continued some of the misconceptions in the Pace release, such as that Highland Park was in North Cook County, instead of Lake County (although the pull-ins to Northbrook Court and Deerbrook cross into Cook County). Also, while he said that the existing 30 foot buses will remain, some of the 2600s will undoubtedly replace the 2500s, once the original allocations mentioned by Pace are completed.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's 2602, taken earlier today at BusCon
I highly recommend looking at his other pictures at the bottom of the Pace page at hopetunnel.org. Unlike the sample at the ElDorado site, 2602 doesn't have seats over the front wheel wells, which means that the 27 seat Pace bus could potentially have had 33 seats, far exceeding the capacity of a 35 footer. Also, it doesn't have the louvers on the back, as the A/C is on the roof. (This is the first rear shot I have seen.)

Being extemely bored, I took a trip down to South Holland. There was basically a group of 2630s in the yard, with the highest 2639. Pace is back to corresponding license plates, i.e. the plate on 2636 was M172636.

Since I was outside, sorry for all the chain link fence. Also, the bike racks have advertising frames on them, so that is why there is the gray rectangle in front of 2632.

post-14-1168978301_thumb.jpgpost-14-1168982487_thumb.jpgpost-14-1168982643_thumb.jpgpost-14-1168982747_thumb.jpg

Where in the pecking order does Niles get the new stuff ??? I see the Chances cruising around every day and just wonder how long they will be around.
The Pace release said "later this year." I guess the question is how much are they stocking in Aurora?

You did much better on the inside than I did on the outside. Two questions:

• What does Pace do with them at South Holland, that results in it taking some time for them to get on the street (although the delays are not so great as with the 6600s, some of which took several months)?
  • Any idea what the white thing is behind the front fleet number on the left side?

They put the fareboxes, gps and the tvs in there.And they take all the parts that came with the buses out. I do have a inside pic with the parts if u want to see it.And i have a lot more photos of them.

More pictures are always good, but I don't think we need those with the parts. The announcements for new buses always say that the contract amount includes spare parts, but I didn't know that they came inside the bus. Also, some buses come with the gps installed, but I guess Pace is recycling its, which makes sense.

Any idea what the white thing is behind the front fleet number on the left side?

Looks like the same kind of camera that is mounted on the outside of Metra's cab cars and Engines to cover engineer blind spots. I find it hard to believe that there would be the same kind of blind spot for a driver though in that spot of the bus, since you can see out the front of the bus and should be able to cover the left side of the bus with your mirror. I can't imagine the reason a camera would be mounted in that spot. Seems like a waste of money for that type of equipment, especially in that spot on that small of a bus. But I am sure there is some reason for that. But then, when it comes to questionable costs, a destination sign on the left side of a bus puzzles me. Only benefit I see on that is that as it goes by, you know what bus you missing. How many people get on on the left side of the bus ??

But I am sure there is some reason for that. But then, when it comes to questionable costs, a destination sign on the left side of a bus puzzles me. Only benefit I see on that is that as it goes by, you know what bus you missing. How many people get on on the left side of the bus ??

Oh you would be amazed on how many buses I was able to pick up upon, especially out at West, around Harlem Avenue and North Riverside. I think it is a questionable purchase, but at the same time its better to get that bus now than to wait 15/20/30/60 minutes for the next one...I find it advantageous in the long run.

Looks like the same kind of camera that is mounted on the outside of Metra's cab cars and Engines to cover engineer blind spots. I find it hard to believe that there would be the same kind of blind spot for a driver though in that spot of the bus, since you can see out the front of the bus and should be able to cover the left side of the bus with your mirror. I can't imagine the reason a camera would be mounted in that spot. Seems like a waste of money for that type of equipment, especially in that spot on that small of a bus.

The side mirror could hide a pedestrian.

I saw the paper work on them and all of the up to 2639 are going to fox.That being thats almost replace all the nabis there have doesnt?

Seems like more than that. Didn't they basically have 6600 to 6623 (no 13), 6652, 6676, and maybe 4 transfers for routes 714 and 907? The 6 additional 2600s over the base order (base order 96, magazine announcement 102) I presume are paid by CMAQ to cover 714. After the announcements that 907 and 921 were getting "full sized buses" one would think that Fox would keep a couple for that. But maybe not. These may also replace the paratransits, such as on 535. Did Fox have anything other than the 6600s and the few 2500s shifted from North Shore for 714?

Obviously, then, the next group for Highland Park, Niles, and McHenry hasn't been received yet (unless there is something higher than 2639, which I saw in the yard on Saturday, inside the building).