WMATA 7000 Series + Retired MTA Cool Comfort Bus

That cool comfort bus looks like it's more than 60 feet.  What manufacturer made that bus?

CPTDB says it is American Ikarus, which would make it the same make as Pace 2200-2271 (formerly at West). The front end made me think Neoplan, but Ikarus ripped off the Neoplan appearance. It probably looks bigger because the shorter windows because it is a high floor bus.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's more than 60 feet.  What makes it look longer is that those artics are, I believe, closer to a 40/20 split front vs. back, whereas most other artics around here are 35/25 (those aren't the exact dimensions, but just approximate).  The semi truck is in the way in that photo, so you can't really see the full back end.  However, it's quite a bit shorter than the rear end of a New Flyer artic.

I don't think it's more than 60 feet.  What makes it look longer is that those artics are, I believe, closer to a 40/20 split front vs. back, whereas most other artics around here are 35/25 (those aren't the exact dimensions, but just approximate).  The semi truck is in the way in that photo, so you can't really see the full back end.  However, it's quite a bit shorter than the rear end of a New Flyer artic.

Quite the revival artist I see :D! Exact length is 59'6"

• 5 years later...