Pace 550 to Crystal Lake

MetroShadow

Yeah, give them the Orions!! (just joking, look at the first electric news link within the link on the first post)

So then based on a #500 route number these will run out of River? I still don't understand the #801 and #802. They run out of Mchenry?

Still a River Route, and Still 550.

I wonder if they're going to rename the route to Elgin-Crystal Lake.

Yes.

Yeah, give them the Orions!! (just joking, look at the first electric news link within the link on the first post)

So then based on a #500 route number these will run out of River? I still don't understand the #801 and #802. They run out of Mchenry?

It appears that it gets route number 550 because it is already running, and this is only an extension of it past Big Timber.

On the route numbering system, 801 and 803 are River routes. 802 is a Fox (Aurora) route. If you want to look at any analogy, 803 to Carpentersville is just an extension of 552 past Spring Hill. But here they apparently don't see a need for a separate accounting.

The McHenry garage routes are 806-809. As implied by the linked articles, they are not true fixed routes, as they are run with paratransit vehicles. The 3 ElDorados are apparently used for Dial-A-Ride projects in the Fox River Grove and Crystal Lake areas.

On the route number theory, Bill V. and Andre has posited that 800s are interurbans.

Edited by Busjack
  • Upvote 3

It appears that it gets route number 550 because it is already running, and this is only an extension of it past Big Timber.

On the route numbering system, 801 and 803 are River routes. 802 is a Fox (Aurora) route. If you want to look at any analogy, 803 to Carpentersville is just an extension of 552 past Spring Hill. But here they apparently don't see a need for a separate accounting.

The McHenry garage routes are 806-809. As implied by the linked articles, they are not true fixed routes, as they are run with paratransit vehicles. The 3 ElDorados are apparently used for Dial-A-Ride projects in the Fox River Grove and Crystal Lake areas.

On the route number theory, Bill V. and Andre has posited that 800s are interurbans.

Thanks, that explains alot that I was questioning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...