1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

I'm proud to say that #1357 is off the retirement list and upgraded to OOS. It's parked by the fence in the front. So far, #1305 #1482 and #1553 remains retired. #1702 is rehabbed while on #82 and #1386 is in the process of getting rehabbed.

Don't know the story behind #1305 and #1553, but #1482 is probably just a retire to scrap bus. There's no doubt severe frame damage in the front right end of the bus, and the rehab contract rebuilds everything except the frames, which will remain untouched.

Don't know if anyone caught #1900, it is rebabbed on #12. Still has it "7" sticker and a blue dot on the windshield.

If they didn't remove the blue sticker, then it's not fully rehabbed or the components aren't up to date. The sticker indicates that the interior is rehabbed including the ADA signage painted on the seats.

If they didn't remove the blue sticker, then it's not fully rehabbed or the components aren't up to date. The sticker indicates that the interior is rehabbed including the ADA signage painted on the seats.

Good to know. It had a blue kneeling sticker and the cut out on the rack. I don't think it had ads signage on seats. That could of been it.

Good to know. It had a blue kneeling sticker and the cut out on the rack. I don't think it had ads signage on seats. That could of been it.

It's a possibility that they won't paint the ADA signage but sometime in the future, it has to return back to the shop to finish whatever needs to be rehabbed and/or upgraded. Keep in mind that there's a lot of them that are rehabbed needs security cameras upgraded.

#1692 is rehabbed on the #52 but it has a few problems. No headlights, no destination sign. Looks like he might need some new fuses.He was using his 4 way flashers/hazards. That's what they are instructed to do if they have no headlights.

Now that's becoming a big issue with the destination sign discrepancies! What the hell are they doing at the shop for this issue to be consistent??? By the way, #1205 is rehabbed while I was riding it on #4 a few hours ago.

Now that's becoming a big issue with the destination sign discrepancies! What the hell are they doing at the shop for this issue to be consistent??? By the way, #1205 is rehabbed while I was riding it on #4 a few hours ago.

Yeah this was worse than #1866, at least it had a rear destination saying something, "not in service" :P This bus had nothing on any destination. At least his Clever devices was working and stated what bus he was when he opened the doors.

Did you ever checked #1975? I believe it's still not rehabbed.

no it's not rehabbed. I got to see your #1957 on the #65. Yes it does seem to have a loud hum at the top of the gears and it seems to run a little hot but that felt good to me I was cold. Maybe it needs a fluid check that hum is the same hum you get when your power steering fluid goes low. Maybe there's not enough trans fluid in there.