Pink Line

trainman8119

Nothing changed on the 2201-2222, I was on 2221 car on Pink Line this past Friday.

This now confirms that the Pink Line now officially has 62 cars assigned to the line. The 2200s are now laid up at 54th Yard on weekends, which means that on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays the line operates with only the 2600 series cars (upper 3100s, to be exact).

I have never seen a 6 Car Pink Line Train during rush hour but have thought lately that they need to implement that.

As a regular Pink Line rider, I have been wondering why after two years, they have not updated any of the station signage (espcially from Damen to 54/Cermak). If a rider did not know about the pink line, they would be confused as it rolled up to the station because the signs at the station are all blue. And the smaller signs (that are posted on poles/support beams with the Letter of the Station, the Name, and the destination) are all blue (for example D Damen to O'Hare).

I hope they fix this. And to all those who complain about losing your direct connection to O'Hare, there is still that free transfer at Clark/Lake.

I've ridden a 6-car train on the Pink Line on a couple occasions at least a year and a half ago. Like I said it was a brief period during Chicago's summer tourism season. I know they were 6-car trains because I rode the fifth car both times. I got them at State/Lake on my way home and rode them both to Kedzie. There may not be 6-car trains now, but there have been on occasion within that first year of service. I do remember that CTA has experimented with the idea the same as 4-car trains on Sundays. Only the 4-car operation on Sudays stuck and weekday 6-car operations didn't. The 6-car situation wasn't a regular thing which is why I'm not surprised that you say you never saw them and I remember riding a couple on the few occasions that there were. At the time they were tried out, the Pink Lines ridership wasn't as big it is today with rising gas prices being a partial reason for higher CTA ridership across the board.

I've ridden a 6-car train on the Pink Line on a couple occasions at least a year and a half ago. Like I said it was a brief period during Chicago's summer tourism season. I know they were 6-car trains because I rode the fifth car both times. I got them at State/Lake on my way home and rode them both to Kedzie. There may not be 6-car trains now, but there have been on occasion within that first year of service. I do remember that CTA has experimented with the idea the same as 4-car trains on Sundays. Only the 4-car operation on Sudays stuck and weekday 6-car operations didn't. The 6-car situation wasn't a regular thing which is why I'm not surprised that you say you never saw them and I remember riding a couple on the few occasions that there were. At the time they were tried out, the Pink Lines ridership wasn't as big it is today with rising gas prices being a partial reason for higher CTA ridership across the board.

Like I said few months ago, on a Saturday evening, I've caught a 8-car train on a Pink Line without a 2200 car once, I was like "What the Heck". Then I was on the 7th car with nobody else on the last 3 cars. I've got on it at Adams/Wabash to Washington/Wells where my school (Devry) is at. I've thought it was very weird.

But they really need to start operate at least 6 cars on Pink Line during rush periods, especially for passengers from Metra Stations to Polk/ Medical Center for Medical workers, It was very crowded when I was on it one time around Morning Rush hour.

This now confirms that the Pink Line now officially has 62 cars assigned to the line. The 2200s are now laid up at 54th Yard on weekends, which means that on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays the line operates with only the 2600 series cars (upper 3100s, to be exact).

No wonder I never saw a 2200 this past weekend and Today I barely seen any 2200s today this evening, I was thought that maybe 2200 were out of Service for an inspection because of a Blue Line Breakdown Situation.

Now that the 54/Cermak branch of the Blue Line is stopping, I hope that the CTA will fix all of the signage on the Douglas Park Branch. It has been over 2 years and they have indicated that the Pink Line runs there. All the signs are Blue and on the Northbound platform, the Pillar Signs (with the Letter of the Station, Station Name, and Destination) still say to O'Hare. They do not include the Pink Line routing to the Loop. I understand that the CTA did not change this at first, since the line was expiermental. But it needs to be changed NOW!

Now that the 54/Cermak branch of the Blue Line is stopping, I hope that the CTA will fix all of the signage on the Douglas Park Branch. It has been over 2 years and they have indicated that the Pink Line runs there. All the signs are Blue and on the Northbound platform, the Pillar Signs (with the Letter of the Station, Station Name, and Destination) still say to O'Hare. They do not include the Pink Line routing to the Loop. I understand that the CTA did not change this at first, since the line was expiermental. But it needs to be changed NOW!

First they need to change the car cards over the doors showing the specific line you are riding. Rode #3020 last week on the blue and it had pink line cards still in it. Some customer looked at me like he just ate a sour grape when he looked at the card to see where he was. He was a tourist and didn't know the city. I helped him out. You think that would be the first thing that CTA would consider when transfering cars around. I guess not.

A couple of the trains on the Pink Line had cars that were pretty much in numerical order. I spotted a westbound train that had cars 3181, 3182, 3184 and 3183. The one I rode had cars 3176, 3175, 3177 and 3178. It was interesting that there were two trains on this line that were pretty much in sequence like this.

A couple of the trains on the Pink Line had cars that were pretty much in numerical order. I spotted a westbound train that had cars 3181, 3182, 3184 and 3183. The one I rode had cars 3176, 3175, 3177 and 3178. It was interesting that there were two trains on this line that were pretty much in sequence like this.

My suggestion for the Red Line, since I've been seen 2400s on the Red Line everyday with Purple Line cards in them, They might as well put the Red Line cards on some of the 2400s if continuing to operate the Red Line occasionally.

I think they should have made the Douglas service change at the same time as the increase on the Skokie Swift b/c that way they could have saved a lot of $$$ on printing maps, timetables and brochures.

The current maps still display both blue & pink. They wasted a lot of money on new timetables which were only up for a month.

I think they should have made the Douglas service change at the same time as the increase on the Skokie Swift b/c that way they could have saved a lot of $$$ on printing maps, timetables and brochures.

The current maps still display both blue & pink. They wasted a lot of money on new timetables which were only up for a month.

Hmm, very good point, I didn't see that coming (the waste of so much money for 2 separate changes on the maps) and I have the feeling the CTA didn't see it either. <_<

Hmm, very good point, I didn't see that coming (the waste of so much money for 2 separate changes on the maps) and I have the feeling the CTA didn't see it either. <_<

That is true for the brochures, but not the car maps since the Yellow never intersects with the Blue or Pink. But I don't think the CTA cares about the money either.

So currently the 2200s are no longer at Pink Line? Because yesterday I've rode 2207 on the Blue Line from Jackson to Belmont with Blue line map on it.

Other thing, those new information screens at Jackson Blue Line subway station still has 54/cermak map underneath it at the middle of platform, they need to change it.