Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BusHunter

O'Hare Remote Parking Bus

Recommended Posts

So I saw this O'Hare remote parking bus, but funny as it is, it was not at O'Hare but headed Nb on 25th avenue south of Irving Park Rd. Why would it be there? Is there a garage down there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BusHunter said:

So I saw this O'Hare remote parking bus, but funny as it is, it was not at O'Hare but headed Nb on 25th avenue south of Irving Park Rd. Why would it be there? Is there a garage down there?

I believe they do their maintenance around that area, since the area they park at O'Hare is just an open parking lot, no real maintenance can get done there. Usually they put "Not In Service" the times I've seen them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BusHunter said:

So I saw this O'Hare remote parking bus, but funny as it is, it was not at O'Hare but headed Nb on 25th avenue south of Irving Park Rd. Why would it be there? Is there a garage down there?

Who has the contract for the parking lot shuttles at ORD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Wednesday, July 06, 2016 at 8:12 PM, artthouwill said:

Who has the contract for the parking lot shuttles at ORD?

To answer my own question,  Delaware Cars..  They operate ElDorados,  which was  a surprise to  me.  What model  are those buses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

To answer my own question,  Delaware Cars..  They operate ElDorados,  which was  a surprise to  me.  What model  are those buses?

Since you didn't post a picture, it is hard to tell. However, Eldorado National California has the Arrivo, which is a high floor bus that looks like an Axess, but is not for transit operations, and the XHF, which looks like a successor to the Transmark (also a high floor bus).

At one time the operator used 35' EZ Riders, but of a style that preceded Pace's 2600s (same front end as now is on the XHF).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been two sets of Eldorado's at MDW, both groups starting at 001. Current are 001-020 from 2012. There are two older ones, 026-027 from 2002 when service started?. ORD has 14, 1-14 from 2008 that replaced the Orion 6's. All are EZRider II's, 32' at MDW, 35' at ORD, operated by Delaware Car/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

There have been two sets of Eldorado's at MDW, both groups starting at 001. Current are 001-020 from 2012. There are two older ones, 026-027 from 2002 when service started?. ORD has 14, 1-14 from 2008 that replaced the Orion 6's. All are EZRider II's, 32' at MDW, 35' at ORD, operated by Delaware Car/ 

The  MDW ones are operated by a joint venture with  Cook County School  Bus and Continental Air Transport  (aka Airport Express).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×