April 2019 Bus Changes

NewFlyerMCI

1 minute ago, rvwnsd said:

I believe this is the April Fool's version of the Spring schedule changes.

Pulaski extended to Devon/Kedzie and extension of the Lincoln Ave bus are the giveaways. :)

It looks true tho because if you look to the side under elevators they are out of service at Jefferson park and all them because it does say that on the web

23 minutes ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

It looks true tho because if you look to the side under elevators they are out of service at Jefferson park and all them because it does say that on the web

Good pranks look legit. If you type the URL displayed in the pic into a the address bar of a browser the browser will navigate to the legitimate alert, which looks like this:

5ca2e29daf78d_ScreenShot2019-04-01at9_18_10PM.thumb.png.8b079c446d219aac4d207723a2ec12aa.png

Also, notice that in the legitimate alert the route numbers are in numerical order. In the OP's screen shot, 53 Pulaski displays after 65 Grand (it should display after 50 Damen) and 157 Streeterville/Taylor displays before 146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express (it should display after 156 LaSalle).

They had a real April fools yesterday the blue line was shut down from addison to Harlem on the blue line for a few hrs while they has a track emergency at montrose. 5 people with vests were kneeling on the platform trying to look under the train. Fire and police were on the bridge so you can piece together what happened. There were swarms of people at both stops. 

I was gonna say you guys should have been checking out the proterras at south shops!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

They had a real April fools yesterday the blue line was shut down from addison to Harlem on the blue line for a few hrs while they has a track emergency at montrose. 5 people with vests were kneeling on the platform trying to look under the train. Fire and police were on the bridge so you can piece together what happened. There were swarms of people at both stops. 

I was gonna say you guys should have been checking out the proterras at south shops!!!

All that, just for an April's fools joke?

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

That was serious at Montrose a person got struck by a train and your going to call that a April fools?

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I was on the #78 when it was happening, I was on my way to school. And there were police cars and fire trucks blocking the whole bridge. I was told it by someone who  had to transfer from the train to the bus that it was because a man attempted to commit suicide by getting hit by the train as it came into the station. 

10 minutes ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

I was on the #78 when it was happening, I was on my way to school. And there were police cars and fire trucks blocking the whole bridge. I was told it by someone who  had to transfer from the train to the bus that it was because a man attempted to commit suicide by getting hit by the train as it came into the station. 

A guy has been fatally struck by an ohare bound train 

2 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

That was serious at Montrose a person got struck by a train and your going to call that a April fools?

Well it was to the riders. Cant make your plane standing on a bus bridge. Cta was travelling locally too. No expy.  Probably took those commuters 4 times as long to get to their destination. People were standing at Harlem filling the whole platform didnt see any trains. Best thing to do was jump in an uber. 

Honestly, seeing as it was a suicide, I lose all empathy. It's unfortunate that you've come to such a place in your life, but your decision to end it all shouldn't inconvenience tens of hundreds of other people. I used to take the MARC train and about once every other or every other two months, we'd have a track emergency where someone had tried to or successfully killed themselves, adding at least 30+ mins to the commute of everyone on that train. Not to mention the train engineer, who I wouldn't be surprised to find out if they need counselling. I realize this all might sound insensitive, but I believe it is equally insensitive when your method of suicide is putting  people other than immediate family and friends in extreme situations. 

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

And to think I was all excited to see the #11 come back. o.O:P I've seen the #31 in action and I don't know where it gets its ridership cause I havent seen anyone on that bus yet. It still runs though.

IIT is the main ridership anchor, I think. Nov-March/April is about the only time it's really active.

8 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Honestly, seeing as it was a suicide, I lose all empathy. It's unfortunate that you've come to such a place in your life, but your decision to end it all shouldn't inconvenience tens of hundreds of other people. I used to take the MARC train and about once every other or every other two months, we'd have a track emergency where someone had tried to or successfully killed themselves, adding at least 30+ mins to the commute of everyone on that train. Not to mention the train engineer, who I wouldn't be surprised to find out if they need counselling. I realize this all might sound insensitive, but I believe it is equally insensitive when your method of suicide is putting  people other than immediate family and friends in extreme situations. 

When the O'Hare extension first opened I used it to commute to DePaul's Loop campus and at least once a week we would get stuck because someone would jump on the tracks. One day when a jump occurred a lady shouted out "G** d*****, this one better be dead."

You guys heard about the guy that jumped into a 2200 series train at chicago blue line and went in the front window. The guy lived. What was that car? I think that train ended up being retired or something. It's in one of the first and fastest magazines I have. It was when the cars were fairly new. 

Ok I found out what happened. It was 2315, that had the damage the cars were taken to skokie shops where they ended up getting caught in a fire and that retired that car. This was 11/77 this happened. It's under the 2200 series service dates thread if you want to check it out. I remember mentioning it before on here so That's where the story is. The first and fastest article on it was good though. Trying to think what issue was that? 

6 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

This April Fool pranks brings up a legit question - what is going on with the North Shore Restructuring?  Phase one (205 replaced by 208 and 213) was in September.  Nothing happened in December or April picks. Has it been abandoned? Will anything else be changed at some point in the future?

Phase 2 is set to occur during mid-to-late 2019. Which, knowing CTA, means fall pick

11 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Phase 2 is set to occur during mid-to-late 2019. Which, knowing CTA, means fall pick

According to signs posted along Chicago Avenue in Evanston, the #205 will be discontinued on September 4th, the day after Labor Day.

In the meantime, Pace #213 was extended southward a few months back from the Davis St. Purple Line Station to the Howard Red Line Terminal via Chicago Avenue.

12 hours ago, wordguy said:

According to signs posted along Chicago Avenue in Evanston, the #205 will be discontinued on September 4th, the day after Labor Day.

In the meantime, Pace #213 was extended southward a few months back from the Davis St. Purple Line Station to the Howard Red Line Terminal via Chicago Avenue.

You do realize the 205 was from last year right?

5 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

You do realize the 205 was from last year right?

My oversight. Thanks for the correction, Aiden.

I hadn't noted the year when  the notice I saw was posted.

That would also explain why the #213 was extended to the Howard Red Line Terminal.

2 hours ago, wordguy said:

My oversight. Thanks for the correction, Aiden.

I hadn't noted the year when  the notice I saw was posted.

That would also explain why the #213 was extended to the Howard Red Line Terminal.

Can’t wait for Phase 2 where they add pace routes to Jefferson Park from Howard RPY I think that’s how it going to be