CTA Bus New "Stop" Rear Displays

jajuan

12 hours ago, artthouwill said:

1. I'm not complaining about how fast they start up, I'm complaining about why the bus starts up with a jerk.  Even on a slow start, it's a jerk!  The Pace drivers don't do it, so why can't CTA drivers do it?

2. If there's any obstruction on the platform, then the motorman would see it as the train entered the station.  CTA rules require them to be standing as they enter station, curves, turns & switches!

3. Automatic stopping has nothing to do with open doors.  The 5000 train has stopped, then they walk across & open the window, look out & then open the doors.  If the train is 1 minute late, you have 1 minute of extra people getting on, which creates another minute of delay.

13 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I can tell you from my experience is that a majority of drivers do kneel the bus when picking up passengers when the situation prevents itself.

While they kneel the bus,listen to the number of warning beeps when the bus is kneeled.  Most do just two beeps, which means the bus isn't fully lowered, when in fact the bus will be fully lowed at about 6 beeps.  If I board or alight at a terminal with no raised boarding areas, the bus should be fully lowered, they don't do it, even for a 70 year old like me!

Plus kneeling should be mandatory when you have a combination of at least 5 people getting on or off at a stop.  It will speed it up.  And as for tilting the bus, it's rare, even on the 147 & 155, which are crowded with much older people, carrying shopping bags.

1 hour ago, strictures said:

While they kneel the bus,listen to the number of warning beeps when the bus is kneeled.  Most do just two beeps, which means the bus isn't fully lowered, when in fact the bus will be fully lowed at about 6 beeps.  If I board or alight at a terminal with no raised boarding areas, the bus should be fully lowered, they don't do it, even for a 70 year old like me!

Plus kneeling should be mandatory when you have a combination of at least 5 people getting on or off at a stop.  It will speed it up.  And as for tilting the bus, it's rare, even on the 147 & 155, which are crowded with much older people, carrying shopping bags.

Well for you I see where your coming from however you're also an isolated case, could be a North Park thing or something else along those lines with certain drivers, living on the far southwest side I haven't had those issues or witnessed the issues you've experienced in question, now does that make it right? No.

1 hour ago, strictures said:

1. I'm not complaining about how fast they start up, I'm complaining about why the bus starts up with a jerk.  Even on a slow start, it's a jerk!  The Pace drivers don't do it, so why can't CTA drivers do it?

2. If there's any obstruction on the platform, then the motorman would see it as the train entered the station.  CTA rules require them to be standing as they enter station, curves, turns & switches!

3. Automatic stopping has nothing to do with open doors.  The 5000 train has stopped, then they walk across & open the window, look out & then open the doors.  If the train is 1 minute late, you have 1 minute of extra people getting on, which creates another minute of delay.

Ahh I see, I may of experienced that a few times before but I didn't think much of at the time. I always thought that was a normal motion of the bus to be perfectly honest with you.