CTA Holiday Train and Bus 2021

BusHunter

Why does my line the green always happens in November and early December? In my opinion it’s a bit early I feel like I want it in December around 10th or later. Anyways it’s a good schedule it’s using the same routes but I’m not the guy who’s interested in riding the holiday bus but cool they let others ride it ?

35 minutes ago, R36BoxMotor said:

I feel this might be among the final years for the 2600s on the holiday train, given the large order of 7000s coming.

It has been almost 30 years since the first holiday train. The first holiday train in 1992 was an out of service 2-car train used by CTA employees to deliver food to local communities.

I’m hoping it Could possibly still remain a bit longer seeing as 2400 work motors are still I service as work trains. I’ll shut up if I’m wrong but that set of 2600s has a special motor just like the aforementioned 2400s jsut no special markings.

16 hours ago, R36BoxMotor said:

I feel this might be among the final years for the 2600s on the holiday train, given the large order of 7000s coming.

It has been almost 30 years since the first holiday train. The first holiday train in 1992 was an out of service 2-car train used by CTA employees to deliver food to local communities.

I hope this wouldn’t to happen. Why retire the #2600s for the Holiday train? It makes sense to keep them it’s just only 6-12 cars 6 for the holiday and 6 for the elves workshop train… I don’t want the #7000s to be converted into the Holiday or Elves workshop train…

#KeepTheHolidayTrain2600s

49 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

I hope this wouldn’t to happen. Why retire the #2600s for the Holiday train? It makes sense to keep them it’s just only 6-12 cars 6 for the holiday and 6 for the elves workshop train… I don’t want the #7000s to be converted into the Holiday or Elves workshop train…

The only justifiable reason for keeping 2600s for holiday trains is that they double as work car trains for the rest of the year.  Bit would make no sense to keep cars that only operate for one month out of the year. 

49 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

Dont worry it wont. It will always be the oldest cars on the system. I dont know if I relish 5000s as santa cars. Is the flat car even accessible to ac powered cars? They might have to.get another flat car to be compatible. I think it would be cool to have a 3200 series santa train. The 2600s are so old.

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Dont worry it wont. It will always be the oldest cars on the system. I dont know if I relish 5000s as santa cars. Is the flat car even accessible to ac powered cars? They might have to.get another flat car to be compatible. I think it would be cool to have a 3200 series santa train. The 2600s are so old.

Yeah the #3200s will most likely fit the bill real well, I wish they can rehab the #2800s used for the holiday train while the rest of the #2600s except #3458 will be scrapped soon. 

My father rode the Holiday train on Friday and he got a candy cane and a beautiful pin which i wear on my jacket now. A friend of mine was planning on riding it yesterday but missed it but once it runs on the brown line next week then he will get the train, he told me the pins look pretty cool. Sadly I didn't ride the holiday train this time (maaaybe I will when it's on the brown line or during the Loop shuttles) but I did ride it in 2019 it was alright. Hopefully the crowds went down since then due to covid but I will probably try loop train