CTA Buses In Movies

cta6085

9607 was used in the movie "Straight Talk". Filiming was done along Wacker Drive for a couple of weeks at the time in the 1980's. There was also a GMC Fishbowl (number unknow) in the movie "Nothing in Common". In that case the bus was hit by Jackie Gleason's Caddie in an accident scene.

Has Anyone Seen Any Flxibles,TMC's,NovaLFS,Artics,And Americana Buses In Movies As Well
You can see a lot of the old junk in Fox Chicago file footage used as a backdrop to stories about CTA and Pace. For instance, yesterday, the file footage on the story about bustracker had pictures of a 4400 with a Wallace Racine sign (I doubt they went yesterday to Bridgeport to take it) and a 4000. Their Pace stories usually have white 8000s. [No, sw, I didn't tape them.]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In the movie Roll Bounce if you notice while there on the bus going to the roller rink if you pay close attention the camera catches a Nova Bus I think they were on 47th street by the greenline

Right outside Ray's Music Exchange (Blues Brothers)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I seen a Flxible Metro in Soul Food (1997).

The TV Series Family Matters. Seen a GM 5307 in the Loop.

In Death Wish (1974), you'll see a early GM 5301 around Union Station.

National Lampoon's Vacation (1983) you'll see a GM 5307. Also, Christmas Vacation (1989). Another GM 5307 along State Streeet?

It seems you'll see more the "L" in alot of movies.

• 2 weeks later...

I seen a Flxible Metro in Soul Food (1997).

The TV Series Family Matters. Seen a GM 5307 in the Loop.  

In Death Wish (1974), you'll see a early GM 5301 around Union Station.

National Lampoon's Vacation (1983) you'll see a GM 5307. Also, Christmas Vacation (1989). Another GM 5307 along State Streeet?

It seems you'll see more the "L" in alot of movies.

A 4400 Was Alson in Soul Food

There are lots Nova's and one NABI in the new movie ''Stranger than Fiction''.

I just saw it last night. Lots of scenes aboard Novas and NABIs as well, including one extended scene in which Harold Crick rides an LFS back to the depot and through the bus wash. All CTA logos are covered over, and the agency is referred to as the "Metropolitan Transportation Autority."

• 4 months later...

Has Anyone Seen Any Flxibles,TMC's,NovaLFS,Artics,And Americana Buses In Movies As Well

I've seen MAN 7100s and 4000s on Mercury Rising (1998) with 2200 Blue Line Car

I saw all the buses besides Flyers (9900) on Family Thing (1996) with Green Line car

I've seen a Fishbowl (9700) on Judgement Night (1993)

I've seen Blue Line 2200 car, Flxible and TMC on Soul Food (1997) movie

I've seen MAN 7100s and 4000s on Mercury Rising (1998) with 2200 Blue Line Car

I saw all the buses besides Flyers (9900) on Family Thing (1996) with Green Line car

I've seen a Fishbowl (9700) on Judgement Night (1993)

I've seen Blue Line 2200 car, Flxible and TMC on Soul Food (1997) movie

I saw CTA rebuild #9532 go past the camera in an episode of "ER"

"The Hunter" with Steve McQueen just before the famous "L" train scene he runs across Belmont ave. you see a GMC fishbowl in the traffic jam.

Also a music video was filmed on board CTA Flxible#8499 The song "The Game of Love" by Carlos Santana/Michelle Branch back in 1998. The entire video was shot on board, you can download the video on the cd single.

The movie "Cooley High" filmed in Chicago in 1975, This movie has very good CTA scenes lots of 6000s in this movie. You will see the kids who star in the movie cut class and head outside and as they do, CTA GM #388, old tailgate, screeches to a halt the kids jump on the back of the bus and you will see CTA GMC #1515, if you still frame the shot of #1515 you will see #70 Division on the front. Several scenes they show #388 riding around town . Finally the bus pulls up to Lincoln Pk Zoo, you see the drivers side, the bus is very clean, wheels painted and the old CTA logo is placed under the drivers side window, remember that?? :)