Red Line Dan Ryan Reroute.

renardo870

When Dan Ryan service get interrupted between Roosevelt to 95th, would it be possible to reroute service via the Green Line to Ashland/63rd and have shuttle buses meet at Garfield like the did during the Red Line Reconstruction?

Edited by renardo870
Added a word

1 hour ago, renardo870 said:

When Dan Ryan service get interrupted between Roosevelt to 95th, would it be possible to reroute service via the Green Line to Ashland/63rd and have shuttle buses meet at Garfield like the did during the Red Line Reconstruction?

I guess it depends on the situations.   In most scenarios, I would say no.  Unless there was something major that blocked the 98th yard, I don't think that reroute would happen again.   They would just short turn trains wherever the problem may be and run shuttle service between the affected stations.. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, renardo870 said:

Are you talking emergencies? Maybe.... I know the terminal is gonna and the cut refilled

• Thanks 1