Nova Classic

pace

Nova's are being used for regular routes. Route 322 have been ran by some nova's also southwest division are using nova's for most of their routes like 381,385 and 386. I forgot the bus numbers that they were used on. I'm pretty sure 2381 was uesd for 322.

This is what they should do with the Nova Classics:

Southwest should keep about 5 of the buses to cover the #390, #395, and #831. Give the rest to West Division to cover #747 sence there are plans to extend the route to West Chicago, also to cover #757, and #767. North Shore should keep the ones they already have to cover #626 (but I'm starting to see more NABI than I do Nova Classic on #626).

The current bus numbers are:

2379-2389: Southwest

2390-2397: North Shore

2398-2400: West

North Shore's Novas can be seen on basically on any of their routes. One can be seen on the #215 most weeksday during rush hour, and the others are spread throughout North Shore's routes from day to day on different routes.

I wish they would send some Nova classics to Academy for use on the Pace 600 and 606 Routes.

Probably not most North Shore routes. They are very rarely seen on 422 and 423, and occasionally one on 213. jesi was right on basically 215 and 626 (and maybe even a shuttle bug), but with 626 being on the watch list, it is questionable whether it is needed there, even though it is an expressway route.

Probably not most North Shore routes. They are very rarely seen on 422 and 423, and occasionally one on 213. jesi was right on basically 215 and 626 (and maybe even a shuttle bug), but with 626 being on the watch list, it is questionable whether it is needed there, even though it is an expressway route.

Actually I mentioned #215, please read carefully. Jesi mentioned #213 and #626. I have seen a Nova running the last #423 trip from Harlem Blue Line to Linden Purple Line a couple of times though, so North Shore has a tendincy to put Novas on any route, although I've never seen one on #422. Just to mention it, I've also seen a Nova laying over at Linden operating the #421 once.

Actually I mentioned #215, please read carefully. Jesi mentioned #213 and #626. I have seen a Nova running the last #423 trip from Harlem Blue Line to Linden Purple Line a couple of times though, so North Shore has a tendincy to put Novas on any route, although I've never seen one on #422. Just to mention it, I've also seen a Nova laying over at Linden operating the #421 once.

Yeah, Nova Classic are my favorite Canadian Buses and for Pace. For North Shore, I did seen couple on 215 at Howard. At least I get to ride them everyday from Southwest Garage, they run on all Southwest routes. Last week I've rode #2400 on #302 and 304 in LaGrange, then it turns to #322, then to Yorktown. Did anyone see one running #757? I remember seen alot of Novas on #767 5 years ago until 6300s (2005 NABIs) came around. I think that South Division should get couple of them for #355, 888, 877, maybe 352- Ha Ha. And I agree with CTA5750, Academy definetly needs them, and Northwest too.

I rode few of them (same age model) from Pittsburgh (PAT) last year and they were very nice in different colors. Plus I've made about 45 of Nova/ MCI Classics in paperbus model with all Canada/ U.S. cities that current have and formerly had, I grew up with 1990 MCI Classics in Detroit and Grand Rapids Michigan.

I miss #835 running in Downtown Chicago with those Classics, and I wish that they'll get rid of that beeping noise out of that rear door.

It wolud be nice if we get them back for the 355. The Mci are not running that bad also there are great buses to. The thing is we only have 8 of them and there are more then 8 runs out there that can have a mci. there are three loop runs that can have them. Also u have the 888/877 runs that have them. There are four am 877 runs with mci, and four pm runs. For the 888 there are two am runs and three pm runs. So in the am u have nine runs that can used a mci and we have eight. In the pm u have ten runs that can have a mci. So that why u dont see a mci on the same run all the time. Also there are not 352 buses if anything we need more 2300s for the 352.

It wolud be nice if we get them back for the 355. The Mci are not running that bad also there are great buses to. The thing is we only have 8 of them and there are more then 8 runs out there that can have a mci. there are three loop runs that can have them. Also u have the 888/877 runs that have them. There are four am 877 runs with mci, and four pm runs. For the 888 there are two am runs and three pm runs. So in the am u have nine runs that can used a mci and we have eight. In the pm u have ten runs that can have a mci. So that why u dont see a mci on the same run all the time. Also there are not 352 buses if anything we need more 2300s for the 352.

You can have our 2300s from Academy Coach lines and give us the Nova Classics. That would be a nice trade off.

How about if we get all your 2300s and get the novas. U guys can have all our 2400s nabis?

I would really like it that we get just the Novas. We got enough Nabis here. Nine of them is enough!

• 1 year later...

This past afternoon rush, I was driving on Marquette (67th)& Cicero. I've spotted an Nova #2399 going Northbound on Cicero working route 382. I assuming that bus was from West Division. Did West gave up all 3 of them to Southwest? Well, why not to Academy? Or maybe did they trade in those 3 for Orion VIs. But Southwest doesn't need all 40 ft buses.

• Upvote 1

And on the 382 no less? Don't understand that one if they did. SW doesn't need Novas at all, they don't even need them on the UPS routes. West probably didn't want them anymore because they don't need them either. Like I said in another post, the Novas are gettin in where they fit in until either they head to Academy or scrapped.

• 2 weeks later...

It's official, 2399 and 2400 Nova Classics are now at SW. Both are on #383 today. So West decided to turn them loose.

And what did West get to replace the Novas? A few additional 35-foot 6600-series NABIs. (I know that in addition to 6627, 6628 and 6680, West also received 6666 and maybe a few additional ones.)

Those buses are out of Joliet, I'm beginning to wonder if the 35 foot Nabis from there are all heading West since there are quite a few Eldos in Joliet already. Sounds like that's the only logical place for them.

As far as the Novas, don't look like they are heading to Academy. I'm still trying to figure out why SW needs them, other than maybe the UPS routes.

As far as the Novas, don't look like they are heading to Academy. I'm still trying to figure out why SW needs them, other than maybe the UPS routes.

More than likely, since SW already has Novas, there is no need to train anyone

to use them and then those buses could be consolidated there. There apparently

is no need to put them at North Shore, so SW is the most obvious.