Bus Rapid Transit System

jajuan

ok this?

Yes something like that with a lighter shade of green would make an interesting start. What would really be interesting is if CTA went with one solid color with a second color only for the logos. They've gone with using more than one color, so why not really be different and use just one?

Any chance you guys could start a new thread or go to an existing one that's relevant. I don't mean to be the subject-line police or anything. I'm just making a polite request. This is the 7th or 8th time I've clicked on this thread thinking there might be something new posted about BRT.

Thanks.

Actually when I started this thread, I deliberately made it broad to let others have some extra freedom to put anything they wanted to contribute relating to BRT. That includes pictures of what paint scheme they think would look good for the buses used should BRT be rescued from the ashes by the Obama administration. Seeing that there is no new info of what to do with the proposed program, I see nothing wrong with other forum members having fun throwing ideas around should BRT get resurrected.

Actually when I started this thread, I deliberately made it broad to let others have some extra freedom to put anything they wanted to contribute relating to BRT. That includes pictures of what paint scheme they think would look good for the buses used should BRT be rescued from the ashes by the Obama administration. Seeing that there is no new info of what to do with the proposed program, I see nothing wrong with other forum members having fun throwing ideas around should BRT get resurrected.

The deliberately broad subject means that some of us are coming to a thread and consistently finding a continuing conversation we're not interested in. What good is served by making us do that?

What would it hurt to put the comments about paint schemes into a thread about paint schemes and colors, or even one zeroing in on BRT paint schemes, so people who are interested could find it MORE easily, and people who aren't wouldn't need to see it. This is the whole point of having thread subjects.

It's not like this was 2 or 3 posts. It's been going on for days. These comments aren't relevant to BRT -- nobody is saying "if we had such and such paint scheme, it would help people understand that this is a different kind of service ..." with a reply of "that paint scheme wouldn't really get across the different branding ..." Just the opposite. One poster said he wished they'd go back to the normal CTA green paint scheme of the 70's. This conversation is essentially "I like buses that look like x." That's a fine conversation if it's what you're interested in, but it doesn't have anything to do with BRT.

The deliberately broad subject means that some of us are coming to a thread and consistently finding a continuing conversation we're not interested in. What good is served by making us do that?

What would it hurt to put the comments about paint schemes into a thread about paint schemes and colors, or even one zeroing in on BRT paint schemes, so people who are interested could find it MORE easily, and people who aren't wouldn't need to see it. This is the whole point of having thread subjects.

It's not like this was 2 or 3 posts. It's been going on for days. These comments aren't relevant to BRT -- nobody is saying "if we had such and such paint scheme, it would help people understand that this is a different kind of service ..." with a reply of "that paint scheme wouldn't really get across the different branding ..." Just the opposite. One poster said he wished they'd go back to the normal CTA green paint scheme of the 70's. This conversation is essentially "I like buses that look like x." That's a fine conversation if it's what you're interested in, but it doesn't have anything to do with BRT.

I'm not saying a separate thread would hurt anything, but I still say until a stimulus package is passed and signed by President Obama there is no new info for now and BRT is in limbo. So I'm not going to fault anyone for throwing around paint scheme ideas for now until we find out that the proposal is resurrected or left to die.

Here's another rendition of a BRT-Scheme.... I know many will look at it and say "Blah!" because of the scheme I picked. I based this one on our current Rapid Transit "L" Trains. I mean, they use the term "Rapid Transit", so what better to look at a possible new scheme from, IMO.

Have you been to Boston and ridden the "Silver Line"?

The MBTA BRT buses are similar to that [they are Neoplan Artics though].

Personally, I prefer bright colors - no black, gray, or silver.

Gene King

• 4 months later...