CTA Bus or Goodyear Blimp?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a NF with this a week ago. It had a ad for Sprite on it. Are they running more than one ad at a time?
That's the idea. Otherwise, it wouldn't need to be electronic. (Unless you mean "at a time" equals "instantaneously.")

BTW, isn't "Obey Your Thirst" (in Zol's picture) Sprite's slogan?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how long 1727 is supposed to be on the trial run of #124 Navy Pier? Since I caught it right now on the #8 Halsted, which I must say is an excellent route for the digital advertisement. :)

post-270-1226345620_thumb.jpg

six weeks. Today actually is seven weeks from the start of the Titan test. The test should be over, but the bus most likely will remain with it on there as details are worked out on where to put the rest of the signs if indeed they were a success. As long as the sign still works that's good news for Titan and the CTA.

• 5 weeks later...

six weeks. Today actually is seven weeks from the start of the Titan test. The test should be over, but the bus most likely will remain with it on there as details are worked out on where to put the rest of the signs if indeed they were a success. As long as the sign still works that's good news for Titan and the CTA.

According to yesterday's Redeye article the Titan test was a success. CTA officials say more digital advertizing displays will be placed on 50 more buses and the first "L" digital advertizing sign will be up by the end of the year. ( Although someone needs to inform them #1727 is now a 74th garage bus. :P ) Here's a link for the article. click here

According to yesterday's Redeye article the Titan test was a success. CTA officials say more digital advertizing displays will be placed on 50 more buses and the first "L" digital advertizing sign will be up by the end of the year. ( Although someone needs to inform them #1727 is now a 74th garage bus. :P ) Here's a link for the article. click here

The only quibble with the RedEye would be the word "currently." But they are under a lot of stress at the Trib. these days. :o

Are the 1600's and over at noth [sic] park and 103rd

Roughly 1630-1724 are at Kedzie, 1725-1760 at 74th, and then as you say into the 19teens.

Are the 1600's and over at noth park and 103rd

Not all. Here's a break down. NP and 103rd have up to 1629 in an even/odd split beginning with the 1440s. Kedzie has 1630-1724, 74th has 1725-1760, NP has 1761-1909 (odd), 103rd has 1762-1930 (even) with 1930 being the highest known bus reported on this forum, and 77th has odds starting with bus 1911.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The beginning of the Titan digital signs installation on buses has began. I saw #1212 with one yesterday on the #157. It was advertizing the Jersey Boys.

Yesterday, that same sign was not working. Three days out and it quits. BTW, now that the Titan signs will be in place on the "L" would there still be a need for the crawling signs on the platforms. There's one that I know of that advertizes last years info. It talks of yellow line closures on June 26 and that three track is still in place and blue line 54/Cermak info. It had me going when I saw it. I first saw the yellow line info and thought Wow that's advanced planning!! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Seems like Kedzie Garage is the only garage equipping their buses with this. So far 1200, 1204, 1212, 1216, and 1727 (74th) have the digital ads installed.

There are plenty more than that....I see at least one of these buses with the digital signs an hour either working the 7 or the 126. Since also 1213 and 1211 have them as well. Ill document and report back on any numbers that arent listed here....

There are plenty more than that....I see at least one of these buses with the digital signs an hour either working the 7 or the 126. Since also 1213 and 1211 have them as well. Ill document and report back on any numbers that arent listed here....

I think a great deal of the original 1200s at Kedzie (various ones between 1204-1225, I don't think 1200-1203 have them) have the electronic ads. You can also find at least a couple on the 12. I know 1404 one of the other transplants from C to NP also has one. It was working 135 this past Friday.

I think a great deal of the original 1200s at Kedzie (various ones between 1204-1225, I don't think 1200-1203 have them) have the electronic ads. You can also find at least a couple on the 12. I know 1404 one of the other transplants from C to NP also has one. It was working 135 this past Friday.

#1200 has it. Some other ones at Kedzie I know of are #1204, #1206, #1208, #1210 - #1213, #1216, #1217, #1220 and #1225.

• 3 weeks later...

Add to the list 1401 out of North Park has the Digital Ad on it also.

Yesterday I saw #1304 from North Park on route 97 Skokie with an Illinois Lotto ad on Dempster Street near the Yellow Line. This might be the first time the new digital ads are on a CTA bus in the suburbs.

Yesterday I saw #1304 from North Park on route 97 Skokie with an Illinois Lotto ad on Dempster Street near the Yellow Line. This might be the first time the new digital ads are on a CTA bus in the suburbs.

Not necessarily. 1404. 1405, 1406 and 1412 have the digital ads and each can easily get assigned on the 93, 97 or 201-206.

• 2 months later...

The President's Report for Jan. 2009 is stating that 8 new "L" stations will be retrofitted with the new Titan digital signs this month as the pilot phase on rail stations is over. (47th/Red Line) Rollout seems to be similar to Bustracker rollout where some get it right away and some wait for it.

I couldn't help but notice that the new Titan signs at the "L' stops, (in the President's Report see link above) are up and running, but only seem to show advertizments. No countdown for the next train is shown. Addison/Red Line and 47th/Red Line seem to be the exception. At first I thought seeing the Roosevelt/Wabash Green Line/Orange line stop, that possibly there may have been a problem showing two routes at the same time, but 18th on the Pink line seems to have the same problem. Also I noticed that Library/State Van Buren has the signs too. I don't think that's one of the eight. I guess we're moving on to new stations. Another site had reported problems with the accuracy of trains at Addison/Red Line, so that may be why there seems to be this problem stated above.