What Paint Livery will the CTA use on it's new buses?

sw4400

What Paint Livery will the CTA use on it's new buses?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• White, Blue, and Red(Current Livery)
    • Red, White, and Blue(CompoBus Livery)
    • Green and White(Classic Livery used on GM Fishbowls, M.A.N Buses, and Flyer D901's)
    • Other(Please Specify)

I was going to say the new livery, but since I'm not as impressed by it as I should, perhaps they should do a new look compobus/albino livery:

Red or Blue (on the top), and Silver (on the bottom)...

...but thats just it.

My other suggestion is that they revert to what the LACMTA is doing: color coding the buses (blue-express, red-metrorapid, orange-local, etc.)

I would like the CTA to go back to their original logo with the CTA in a circle with the Metropolitan Transit swoosh along with the color scheme from the 60's of the dark green and white. I remember the "suggestion bus" roaming around the city, soliciting suggestions for what the public wanted in the 1000 series buses that were being built at the time. I remember thinking about an all blue bus. Looking at the new Pace color schemes I ask myself, what was I thinking.

Going back, to me, would represent something that we probably will never see again...buses every 2-3 minutes in rush hour, 7-9 in off peak..skip stop trains, conductors making for a faster train trip, Sunday supertransfers, heck transfers in general...ahhhhh...time to get out of fantasy land and come back to real time !!!! Anyway, dark green and white.

OK lets have some fun.  Since the auto co.s are into retro looking cars (PT Cruiser, Mini, and whatever the Chevy thing is) and the BNSF loco paint scheme is basicly a throw-back to the GN  what about a retro scheme for the CTA?

Here's CTA (nee CMC) 1431, date and location unknown, but what would this scheme look like on a 40LF.

Or better yet why make someone look closely at a logo to figure out where you're at, spell out where you are i.e. CTA 1111 at Soldier Field, Paul Hunnell photo, splash this on a 40LF, is there enough room?