NewFlyer is here

Kevin

I wasn't able to spot the bus this evening on the Archer route. The report first came in from a LiveJournal community.

I've contacted someone at CTA to see if I could get any information on future assignments for the bus.

If anyone happens to get any photos of it, feel free to send them to comments[at]chicagobus[dot]org and I'll put them up on the site.

Seeing as how the 5300 series buses are the next to go, and since the 5300's are at 77th and the 5400's are at Chicago, I would think that there is a good possibility that when the deliveries start in earnest, that those 2 garages would get the first of the lot.

Unfortunately, in the transit business, anything that would make the least bit of sense never happens...so Diversey may have to wait on the newbies !!!!

Seeing as how the 5300 series buses are the next to go, and since the 5300's are at 77th and the 5400's are at Chicago, I would think that there is a good possibility that when the deliveries start in earnest, that those 2 garages would get the first of the lot.  

Unfortunately, in the transit business, anything that would make the least bit of sense never happens...so Diversey may have to wait on the newbies !!!!

Actually, the first deliveries may go to the garages which have not yet gotten any low-floor standard-length buses, such as the Kedzie and the 74th garages. (74th currently does not have any low-floor buses at all whatsoever, while Kedzie currrently has only the 7500-series NABI articulateds for low-floor buses.) Some of the 6000s from those two garages will be reassigned to other garages at that point.

Both the 77th and the Chicago Avenue garages already have the NovaBus 6400-series low-floors. At those two garages, the 6000s will likely be reassigned there, replacing the 5300s.

On the other hand, if the new buses get assigned to the 77th and the Chicago Avenue garages, you can bet that the 6400s from both garages will be reassigned to the 74th and Kedzie garages.

Words cannot describe my happiness right now! The buses are coming! The buses are coming! :D

Odd request for whoever takes the photos of this New Flyer Bus. I've started collecting pictures of each type of bus used by the CTA now(all in left profile).  If you can get a left profile of this bus, I'd appreciate it.

Any word on the Color Scheme and whether it is a DLF or DELF(remember, we are getting TWO types of buses from New Flyer in this order) :P