fare Payment methods

mkc31

7 hours ago, jajuan said:

I just looked at the fare chart on CTA's website and it says the 25-cent transfer charge from Pace to CTA is still in effect. Just like with Pace still offering its Pace only 30-day regular pass, there are a few spots where both agencies aren't ready to completely streamline just yet.

Thank you.  As a matter of fact, I just transferred from Pace to CTA last night and got charged 25 cents.

Nobody at Pace seems to know if they will honor the one-ride Ventra ticket.  I tried emailing customer service and all I get in response is a form letter telling me about the new 1, 3, and 7 day passes.  I tried calling and the person I talked to clearly didn't understand the question.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

I recently transfered from CTA to Pace and was charged 30 cents. I thought Pace got rid of the transfer fee, but that must only be Pace-to-Pace.

I also was charged 25 cents for the Pace to CTA transfer, but that one is disclosed in the fare table on the CTA website.

23 minutes ago, Tcmetro said:

I recently transfered from CTA to Pace and was charged 30 cents. I thought Pace got rid of the transfer fee, but that must only be Pace-to-Pace.

I also was charged 25 cents for the Pace to CTA transfer, but that one is disclosed in the fare table on the CTA website.

Pace to Pace transfers are free. All of these changes were recently implemented  

• 9 months later...
On 10/14/2022 at 1:33 PM, Busjack said:

It seemS like again the unsuccessful bidder went to the press, since from the discussion, CTA split with Pace when it appeared that the 2 agencies had different systems with which the fare boxes had to interface, and SPX missed the deadline for submitting the "best and final offer."  Scheidt & Bachmann got the contract. Apparently this, used by MBTA.

And here they are

IMG_0789.jpeg

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Kevin said:

On 2/5/2024 at 9:24 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

1176, 1301 have been sent to Chicago Ave as well, all these buses have the new farebox installed on them and per my guess they’re at C for testing 

From the linked story:

The initial roll-out of the program will entail the installation and field testing of 100 updated buses through spring. The equipment will be installed on buses operating out of CTA’s Chicago Avenue Garage on the West Side, which serves some of the agency’s highest ridership routes including: #12 Roosevelt, #20 Madison, #53 Pulaski, #65 Grand and #66 Chicago.

So that's exactly what it is.☺️