CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

10/25/13 11:41a

Upcoming Alert For 10/26/13 @ 7a until 7p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Purple

Service Interruption Severity: Minor Delays

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Linden and Noyes. Board/Exit all trains on the Linden-bound platform at the Central station.

This is due to track maintenance to insure that trains continue to operate safely along the Purple Line.

10/26/13 7:37p

Upcoming Alert For 10/27/13 @ 7a until 10a

Rail Line(s) Affected: Blue

Level Of Service Interruption: Minor Delays

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Oak Park and Forest Park. Board/Exit all trains on the O-Hare-bound side of the platform at the Oak Park and Forest Park stations.

This is due to a scheduled accident reconstruction of the Blue Line Ghost Train incident that occurred on September 30, 2013.

• Upvote 2

10/26/13 7:44p

Upcoming Rail Alert For 10/27/13 @ 5a until 7p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Brown

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Sedgwick and Fullerton.

• 5a-11:30a: Board/Exit all trains on the Loop-bound side of the platform at the Armitage station.
  • 11:30a-7p: Board/Exit all trains on the Kimball-bound side of the platform at the Armitage station.

This is due to structural improvements to remove slow zones and improve rail service on the Brown Line as part of the Ravenswood Connector Rehabilitation Project.

10/26/13 7:50p

Upcoming Alert For 10/27/13 @ 7a until 10/28/13 @ 4a

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Davis and Central. Board/Exit all trains on the Howard-bound platform at the Foster and Noyes stations.

This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely on the Purple Line.

10/27/13 10:48a

Level Of Service Interruption: Significant Delays

Information: Brown Line service has been temporarily disrupted between Merchandise Mart and the Loop Elevated due to an extended bridge lift. Shuttle Buses are available as an alternate to rail service. Raising and lowering the Wells St. Bridge may take longer due to the continuing construction as part of the Dept. Of Transportation's Bridge Renewal Project.

10/27/13 10:48a

Level Of Service Interruption: Significant Delays

Information: Brown Line service has been temporarily disrupted between Merchandise Mart and the Loop Elevated due to an extended bridge lift. Shuttle Buses are available as an alternate to rail service. Raising and lowering the Wells St. Bridge may take longer due to the continuing construction as part of the Dept. Of Transportation's Bridge Renewal Project.

I was on the last brown line train into the loop before this lift. I got off at Washington & Wells, and the train's Mr CTA was saying "brown line to kimball", but the operator was announcing something about "Loop". I heard the announcement about shuttle buses from the street, but not the reason for it. Good thing I got that train: the construction for the Ravenswood connector added 20 minutes to travel time, if I'd had to have found a cab at the mart on Sunday, I'd've been very, very late.

10/31/13 12:32a

Upcoming Alert for 11/1/13 @ 8p until 11/2/13 @ 8a

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Chicago and The Loop Elevated. Board/Exit all trains on the Kimball-bound platform at the Merchandise Mart station.

This is due to construction for CDOT's Wells St. Bridge Reconstruction Project.

11/1/13 4:16p

Upcoming Alert For 11/2/13 @ 6a until 5p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Red

Level Of Service Interruption: --

Information: Howard-bound trains will not stop at Wilson, Lawrence, or Argyle stations.

• Service to these stations: Take a Howard-bound train to Berwyn and transfer to a 95th-bound train.
  • Service from these stations: Take a 95th-bound train to Sheridan and transfer to a Howard train.

This is due to structural maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely along the Red Line.

11/1/13 4:23p

Upcoming Alert For 11/2/13 @ 5p until 11/3/13 @ 5a

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between The Loop Elevated and Chicago. Board/Exit all trains on the Loop-bound platform at the Merchandise Mart station.

This is due to construction work for CDOT's Wells St. Bridge Construction.

11/1/13 4:27p

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Davis and Central. Board/Exit all trains on the Howard-bound platform at the Foster and Noyes stations.

This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely on the Purple Line.

11/2/13 7:00p

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Linden and Noyes. Board/Exit all trains on the Linden-bound platform at the Central.

11/2/13 7:00p

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Linden and Noyes. Board/Exit all trains on the Linden-bound platform at the Central.

Why don';t you tell us when this project is going to be done?

And why put so much extra energy in constantly knocking his posts since it's been obvious for the longest time that you are not his audience in this thread?

Then, who is?

Is someone that out of touch that they (1) don't know this project is continuing for quite a while, and (2) can't find the CTA site?

Then, who is?

Is someone that out of touch that they (1) don't know this project is continuing for quite a while, and (2) can't find the CTA site?

Oh give me a break man. How about you take your own advice and read back to the number of folks on the forum who said that they found sw's posts in the thread useful to varying degrees. I mean really. A bit too cynical much? My point was was and is now you already established you didn't see the point to his posts while others disagreed with you. So as I said why waste time taking pock shots at the guy's thread when he's continuing for those aforementioned forum members who said they found the thread useful? Or do you want to continue edging closer to being guilty of what you sparred with chicagopplcar of doing against you? Just saying....

• Upvote 7

...So as I said why waste time taking pock [sic] shots at the guy's thread when he's continuing for those aforementioned forum members who said they found the thread useful? Or do you want to continue edging closer to being guilty of what you sparred with chicagopplcar of doing against you? Just saying....

So, why don't they [other than you] speak out? There is plenty of bandwidth in this topic for them to say how useful it is.

I see maybe one or two other names per page over 35 pages.

Those of you who get your Purple Line information here, please post. Or those of you chagrined that accident information isn't.

P.S. I'm not saying anything personal here.

So, why don't they [other than you] speak out? There is plenty of bandwidth in this topic for them to say how useful it is.

Those of you who get your Purple Line information here, please post. Or those of you chagrined that accident information isn't.

Just as there's plenty of bandwidth for you to exercise that old saying of sometime's there are some things best left alone. Regardless of whether you find his thread useless or not, he's not bothering anyone by it other than you apparently. So again why do you feel the need to put so much energy using the bandwidth knocking his posts in this thread? :)B)

• Upvote 3

Just as there's plenty of bandwidth for you to exercise that old saying of sometime's there are some things best left alone. Regardless of whether you find his thread useless or not, he's not bothering anyone by it other than you apparently. So again why do you feel the need to put so much energy using the bandwidth knocking his posts in this thread? :)B)

Apparently, you took great offense to my one sentence comment:

Why don';t you tell us when this project is going to be done?

So, there is nothing unfair in seeing if anyone else backs up you assertion that this is a useful exercise.

Apparently, you took great offense to my one sentence comment:

So, there is nothing unfair in seeing if anyone else backs up you assertion that this is a useful exercise.

No I'm not offended but I'm still curious as to why you see the need to knock the guy's thread continuously. Just as I may be one person acknowledging a few other persons were not bothered by his thread, you're the only person putting a heck of a lot of energy into knocking it down. By your own logic about me speaking up for him, it could be argued that you should just leave the guy alone. After all you made your feelings known about his thread a long time ago yet you're still knocking it today. Why keep wasting the energy? And me speaking up for him shows no equivalency of my own view on the thread's usefulness. I'm just curious at your fairly incessant need to over prove a viewpoint we already got long before now. And you have yet to state that reason. Just tried to make the situation about me as means to circle around answering that one question. B)

• Upvote 4

This thread is about rail service alerts that happen suddenly(caused by med. emergencies, CFD and CPD Activity, weather and track & train issues) as well as daytime and evening up until 10p construction alerts, as that is when the highest amount of passengers ride the eight rail lines. Overnights do not get published, at least by me, due to low ridership, even on the Blue and Red Lines. I'm not glued to this thread 24/7.... I do have a life outside the forum, but when I am on here and I do notice a rail alert, I post about it. I've said repeatedly that this is a thread for all members of Chicagobus.org. You see an alert that I haven't posted, feel free to post about it. When I was out of Chicago for the weekend of Sept. 20th, jtrosario posted two alerts here and here. They were overnight, but that's ok. These were alerts that did happen, and were posted by him. I have seen alerts posted that I didn't get due to me not being on the forum at the time in the past(another example here by jtrosario adding an update I didn't due to me not being on the forum at the time). Even Around the Horn posted one here.

I receive no hassles about this forum from anyone but you, Busjack... and even Kevin hasn't come on here or PM'ed me about the thread topic. jajuan and I have had our issues over things I posted and vice versa due to difference of opinion, but even he is saying "you said your peace, now leave it alone." And he's right... if you have something to add that has to do with the topic of this thread, please share. Otherwise, make a new thread to razz this one. You have spoke your mind about this topic in the past and I explained the purpose of the thread(you can go to the very first thread in this topic here to see the guidelines I laid out)

• Upvote 2

BLUE LINE

Jul 29 – Aug 1

Mon to Thu, nightly

10pm to 4am next day

Boarding Change, Delays Between LaSalle and Grand

How does this affect my trip?

Board/exit all trains on the Forest Park-bound side of the platform at the Jackson, Monroe, Washington, and Clark/Lake stations.

Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between LaSalle and Grand, resulting in minor delays.

Allow extra travel time.

Why is service being changed?

We are performing station maintenance to improve stations in the Dearborn Subway.

GREEN LINE

Jul 29 - Aug 1

Mon to Thu

10:50am to 2pm, daily

Cicero Station Main Entrance and Elevator Temporary Closure

How does this affect my trip?

The Cicero station's main entrance and elevator will be temporarily closed.

Please use the station's auxiliary entrance/exit at the east end of the station.

For ADA-accessible service, board/exit Green Line trains at the Laramie or Pulaski stations.

Why is service being changed?

The main entrance and elevator to the Cicero station will be closed due to platform maintenance.

And I also posted these^

• Upvote 1

And I also posted these^

I know you did. I just grabbed a few quick ones to show Busjack that this thread is for everyone to post in. I appreciate all posts you, jtrosario and anyone else wanting to post in here do. :) I would have to be glued to a computer 24/7 to get all alerts that come up, but I do have a life off the forum. I get as many as I can, however...

I don't do the overnight construction alerts, however. If you wish to, that's ok. The ones I focus on are sudden, impactful alerts that are listed in the first post on page 1. If I'm on the computer after 10p and one of these occurs when/if I notice it, it'll be posted here with this heading

***Special Late-Night Rail Alert***

• Upvote 2

11/8/13 1:07a

Upcoming Alert For 11/9/13 @ 6a until 6p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Red

Information: Howard-bound trains will not stop at Bryn Mawr, Thorndale, or Granville stations.

• Service to these stations: Take a 95th-bound train to Berwyn and transfer to a Howard-bound train.
  • Service from these stations: Take a Howard-bound train to Loyola and transfer to a 95th-bound train.

This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely along the Red Line.

11/8/13 1:15a

Upcoming Alert For 11/9/13 @ 2a until 11/11/13 @ 4a

Rail Line(s) Affected: Green

Information: Trains operate between Harlem/Lake, Downtown and Roosevelt, and between 35th-Bronzeville-IIT, Ashland/63rd and Cottage Grove.

Alternate Service: Shuttle Buses will replace rail service between Roosevelt and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT.

This is due to construction of the new Cermak-McCormick Place station and structural maintenance work.

11/8/13 1:22a

Upcoming Rail Alert For 11/9/13 @ 7a until 7p

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Noyes and Linden. Board/Exit all trains on the Howard-bound side of the platform at the Central station.

This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely along the Purple Line.