CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

7/20/13 1:20a

Upcoming Alert for 7/20/13 @ 7a until 7/21/13 @ 9p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Purple

Service Interruption Severity: Minor Delays expected due to track maintenance between Foster and Main.

Board/Exit all trains on the Linden-bound platform at the Davis and Dempster stations.

This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely along the Purple Line

7/20/13 10:32p

Upcoming Alert for 7/21/13 @ 12p until 8p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Red

Service Interruption Severity: Ashland/63rd-bound trains will stop at their normal platform, but board on the outer tracks instead of the inner tracks at Sheridan.

Red Line trains will operate on tracks normally used by Purple Line Express trains between Wilson and Addison.

This is due to structural maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely on the Red Line.

Length:

Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 6:37 PM
to TBD

Impact Level:

Service Disruption

Full Description:

Ashland/63rd-bound Red Line trains are temporarily rerouted to the elevated lines between Fullerton and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT due to a medical emergency on the tracks near Grand.

Train service to Ashland/63rd

After stopping at Fullerton, Ashland/63rd-bound trains will be diverted and will make the following elevated station stops:

• Armitage (accessible)
  • Sedgwick (accessible)
  • Chicago (at Franklin; accessible)
  • Merchandise Mart (accessible)
  • Clark/lake (accessible)
  • State/Lake
  • Randolph/Wabash
  • Madison/Wabash
  • Adams/Wabash
  • Roosevelt (elevated station west of Wabash; accessible)

Then, trains will stop at Cermak-Chinatown (<--- Huh??) and make all normal stops to Ashland/63rd.

Connections can be made between Howard-bound subway service and Ashland/63rd-bound rerouted service via elevated lines at Fullerton (accessible), State/Lake (board at nearby elevated station on Orange Line side for Ashland/63rd-bound Red Line service) and at Roosevelt (accessible).

We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to restore service as quickly as possible. Allow extra travel time.

Howard-bound service is operating in the State Street Subway, however trains are bypassing the Grand station.

http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_information/alert_detail.aspx?AlertId=19339

• Upvote 1

Length:

Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 6:37 PM

to TBD

Impact Level:

Service Disruption

Full Description:

Ashland/63rd-bound Red Line trains are temporarily rerouted to the elevated lines between Fullerton and 35th-Bronzeville-IIT due to a medical emergency on the tracks near Grand.

Train service to Ashland/63rd

After stopping at Fullerton, Ashland/63rd-bound trains will be diverted and will make the following elevated station stops:

• Armitage (accessible)
  • Sedgwick (accessible)
  • Chicago (at Franklin; accessible)
  • Merchandise Mart (accessible)
  • Clark/lake (accessible)
  • State/Lake
  • Randolph/Wabash
  • Madison/Wabash
  • Adams/Wabash
  • Roosevelt (elevated station west of Wabash; accessible)

Then, trains will stop at Cermak-Chinatown (<--- Huh??) and make all normal stops to Ashland/63rd.

Connections can be made between Howard-bound subway service and Ashland/63rd-bound rerouted service via elevated lines at Fullerton (accessible), State/Lake (board at nearby elevated station on Orange Line side for Ashland/63rd-bound Red Line service) and at Roosevelt (accessible).

We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to restore service as quickly as possible. Allow extra travel time.

Howard-bound service is operating in the State Street Subway, however trains are bypassing the Grand station.

http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_information/alert_detail.aspx?AlertId=19339

Thank you for posting, jtrosario. I was working this afternoon/evening and just got home a short time ago. This is a forum for all of us to post to, and I appreciate anyone who posts in my absence... :)

• Upvote 1

7/22/13 12:12a

Upcoming Alert for 7/22/13 @ 12a until 7/23/13 @ 4a

Rail Line(s) Affected: Brown

Service Interruption Severity: Service Suspended between Kimball and Kedzie due to an extended track project. Trains will operate between Kedzie and the Loop Elevated.

Alternate Service: #82 Kimball/Homan buses will be rerouted to connect with the Kedzie station. Buses will make the following stops:

Northbound #82:

• Montrose/Spaulding(Existing #78 stop)
  • Kedzie/Montrose(Northeast Corner)
  • Kedzie/Eastwood(Northeast Corner-Transfer to Brown Line)
  • Lawrence/Kedzie(Northwest Corner)
  • Lawrence/Spaulding(Northeast Corner-Existing #81 stop)
  • Lawrence/Kimball(Northeast Corner-Existing #81 stop)

Southbound #82:

• Lawrence/Kimball(Southeast Corner-Existing #81 stop)
  • Lawrence/Spaulding(Southwest Corner-Existing #81 stop)
  • Lawrence/Kedzie(Southwest Corner-Existing #81 stop)
  • Kedzie/Leland(Southwest Corner-Transfer To Brown Line)
  • Kedzie/Montrose(Northwest Corner)
  • Montrose/Spaulding(Northeast Corner-Existing #78 stop)
  • Kimball/Montrose(Southwest Corner)

Customers may enter Kedzie station through the accessible main entrance on Kedzie Avenue or through the auxillary entrance on Spaulding Avenue, one block west of Kedzie Avenue(Farecard required).

This is due to an extended track improvement construction to ensure that trains continue to operate safely on the Brown Line.

Brown Line service to Kimball resumed earlier this morning...

What probably happen was behind the scene pressure to get it open.So Claypool would try to have some creditability.

It might also depend whether they could have finished the work over the weekend with the mudhole conditions with all that rain. I don't think Claypool worries about his credibility.

It might also depend whether they could have finished the work over the weekend with the mudhole conditions with all that rain. I don't think Claypool worries about his credibility.

He still has credibility? :o . I thought that was out the window after the Decrowd plan(service cuts) and "discount reduction" (fare hikes), which he said wouldn't happen... Fancy names don't hide the fact of what they are...service cuts and fare hikes. He goofed talking all this garbage about this plan he just pulled out of thin air about how he had the budget for up to 2015 balanced with service and fares remaining the same. Then when the unions don't agree to his crackpot scheme, he came with some willy nilly cuts claiming they folded low ridership routes into increased service, but isolating many elderly people from accessible transit with the loss of #145 and other areas. Then raises pass prices to "a standard price along other transit agencies" (I have yet to see a $10 1-Day anywhere else.) Plus taking advantage of O'Hare passengers by having them pay $5 for a substandard ride to the city. His credibility is toast -.-"
  • Upvote 2

The real test is going to be getting the Dan Ryan open on time.

With the contractor receiving a penalty of $675,000 per day late as well as the prospect of a huge chunk of Chicago becoming frustrated at that... They know not to mess that up :lol:

He still has credibility? :o . I thought that was out the window after the Decrowd plan(service cuts) and "discount reduction" (fare hikes), which he said wouldn't happen... Fancy names don't hide the fact of what they are...service cuts and fare hikes. He goofed talking all this garbage about this plan he just pulled out of thin air about how he had the budget for up to 2015 balanced with service and fares remaining the same. Then when the unions don't agree to his crackpot scheme, he came with some willy nilly cuts claiming they folded low ridership routes into increased service, but isolating many elderly people from accessible transit with the loss of #145 and other areas. Then raises pass prices to "a standard price along other transit agencies" (I have yet to see a $10 1-Day anywhere else.) Plus taking advantage of O'Hare passengers by having them pay $5 for a substandard ride to the city. His credibility is toast -.-"

Sounds Like your ready to chase out of the state of Illinois :)

That's why I said he wasn't worried about his credibility. The Metra board at least said that the "loss of the discount on the 10 ride ticket" wasn't working. However, so long as Emanuel backs up Claypool on his prevarications, Claypool doesn't have anything to worry about.

That's why I said he wasn't worried about his credibility. The Metra board at least said that the "loss of the discount on the 10 ride ticket" wasn't working. However, so long as Emanuel backs up Claypool on his prevarications, Claypool doesn't have anything to worry about.

I disagree on one fact.If Emanuel doesn't get reelected what does Claypool have to fall back on?

I disagree on one fact.If Emanuel doesn't get reelected what does Claypool have to fall back on?

And that of course depends on whether Chicago residents have the collective cajones to vote Emanuel out or just fall for more of the same with the smoke, mirrors and double speak.

And that of course depends on whether Chicago residents have the collective cajones to vote Emanuel out or just fall for more of the same with the smoke, mirrors and double speak.

He left the county board to form Rise Health. From its website, it seems to concentrate in the same type of corporatespeak.

If not that, then someone else will offer him a public job, like Gery Chico losing the mayor's race and being given a job at the Illinois State Board of Education, or that guy that didn't get a raise at Metra getting another state job.

As far as what jajuan surmises, I'm not betting on that.

If the Chicago Teacher Union can get someone well known and popular it can happen.

If the Chicago Teacher Union can get someone well known and popular it can happen.

Not likely, either that they can get someone or that can happen.

The teachers might get teachers to vote for themselves, but I doubt that they get very many voters on their "raise revenue" (translation "raise taxes") platform, nor "our pensions are sacrosanct" without saying "so what if your property taxes are going to triple."

They may have won their strike, but they didn't prevent 1800 from being laid off.

They certainly won't convince anyone besides themselves to vote for the "angry face" of Karen Lewis.

SEPTA comes close with an $8 one-day "Convenience Pass" which limits you to eight trips on all modes except Regional (commuter) Rail and a $12 one-day "Independence Pass" that offers unlimited rides across all modes.

7/26/13 11:41a

Upcoming Alert For 7/27/13 @ 7a until 7p

Service Interruption Severity: Minor Delays expected due to track maintenance between Foster and Main.

Board/Exit all trains on the Linden-bound platform at the Davis and Dempster stations.

This is due to track maintenance to ensure trains continue to operate safely along the Purple Line.

7/26/13 11:41a

Upcoming Alert For 7/27/13 @ 7a until 7p

This is due to track maintenance to ensure trains continue to operate safely along the Purple Line.

And probably every weekend for the next 3 years.

7/27/13 10:33a

Upcoming Alert For 7/28/13 @ 7a until 9p

BLUE LINE

Jul 29 – Aug 1
Mon to Thu, nightly
10pm to 4am next day
Boarding Change, Delays Between LaSalle and Grand
How does this affect my trip?
Board/exit all trains on the Forest Park-bound side of the platform at the Jackson, Monroe, Washington, and Clark/Lake stations.

Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between LaSalle and Grand, resulting in minor delays.

Allow extra travel time.

Why is service being changed?

We are performing station maintenance to improve stations in the Dearborn Subway.

GREEN LINE

Jul 29 - Aug 1
Mon to Thu
10:50am to 2pm, daily
Cicero Station Main Entrance and Elevator Temporary Closure
How does this affect my trip?
The Cicero station's main entrance and elevator will be temporarily closed.
Please use the station's auxiliary entrance/exit at the east end of the station.
For ADA-accessible service, board/exit Green Line trains at the Laramie or Pulaski stations.
Why is service being changed?
The main entrance and elevator to the Cicero station will be closed due to platform maintenance.

Wonder what was happening on the Loop Elevated/North Side Main Line late this morning... I was trying to catch a Kimball-bound train for an appointment about 10:15a-10:20a, and it was back-to-back non-stop trains running to Western. Train #1 was a 8-car set really hauling a** making the platform shake as it passed through. All roller curtains said "Not In Service". Train #2(a 6-car set), about three minutes behind it, also ran through the station, but not as fast as train #1. All roller curtains on this train said "Express". I didn't get my train until about 10:35a-10:40a.

The Customer Assistant made announcements prior to each trains' arrival about them running non-stop until Western, but I couldn't really hear why... I heard something about a delay or something. That's all I got with all the ground traffic below.