Chicago Fire Dept ex-CTA buses

mel bernero

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can come see the bus, but its very unlikely I can get you a ride in it because we will have a special event at the academy. The bus is reserved for a firefighter family group that will be there that day. But youre more than welcomed to take pics of the bus!

Pics I can see, but you can't give the public rides in a CFD-owned bus, can you CTA5750? They're liable if something happens while people are on board, and I don't think you want to jeopardize your job giving a busfan a ride, even if it's in an enclosed area like a training area or parking lot. It would be like me going to the Damen Firehouse and asking to go on a ride along with Engine 112 or Truck Co. 21.

You can come see the bus, but its very unlikely I can get you a ride in it because we will have a special event at the academy. The bus is reserved for a firefighter family group that will be there that day. But you're more than welcomed to take pics of the bus!

That's understandable, I'll take what I can get because just having the opportunity of seeing ex-#6163 will be just enough for me. B)