Ikarus 416.

jesi2282

However, WebWatch only indicates about 3 left in regular service. With Webwatch indicating (approximate numbers, since one can't prove a negative) that Elgin has received about 16 2700s and given up about 8 6600s (2 of them to Academy), expect some more transfers and the end of the 2200s pretty soon. Of course, none of this is predictable.

6645 6646 went to Academy

Royal American is running a bunch of Ikarus 416's in Northwestern University shuttle service now - at least 15?. Where are they from, and where are they garaged? Saw one last week making right turn from Central onto Green Bay Rd, so "home" might be north of Evanston somewhere?

Andre

Again, look starting at this post.

• 1 month later...

Today I spotted Pace Ikarus #2271 NB on Central ave. at Belmont, its starting to show a lot of rust.

Sounds like that should be in the weird bus sighting category. What would any Pace bus be doing at Belmont and Central...especially a West Division one ???? Did someone buy it and take it for a cruise ???

It was deadheading to Milwaukee/Lawrence to begin #394. The afternoon #394 deadheads always use Central, so seeing a Pace bus rolling thru at around 4:00 isn't really weird.

I recall once seeing the #394 at Harlem and Irving.

It was probably coming from or on the way to Jefferson Park Blue Line Station if it operates #394. Im glad that old thing still runs. I've been between Oak park and Forest Park for a week now and I've never saw any Ikarus or any of their 3 Novas.

The sad thing is that Philadelphia SEPTA is in progress right now to retire their 1996 Ikarus 416's.

I went to Academy today, I was looking through the yard, we also got NABI #6634.

It sort of looks like Academy's needs are what is keeping the remaining Ikarus buses on the road, since 5 of Elgin's 6600s are reported at Academy, and about 5 or 6 are about all of the Ikaruses that show up on WebWatch. Presumably the 6600s were being moved from Elgin to West to retire 2200s.

It sort of looks like Academy's needs are what is keeping the remaining Ikarus buses on the road, since 5 of Elgin's 6600s are reported at Academy, and about 5 or 6 are about all of the Ikaruses that show up on WebWatch. Presumably the 6600s were being moved from Elgin to West to retire 2200s.

Some Elgin NABIs have been sent to West. #6647 is one of them.

Some Elgin NABIs have been sent to West. #6647 is one of them.

Out of the 6637 to 6651 series, the only one that still shows up in Elgin (the last I looked) was 6649, per WebWatch. Take out the 4 you previously reported at Academy, the rest are in West, as well as 6679. There is, of course, the possibility of more moves.

Hello, this is Artthouwill and I am new to this group. I believe the Ikarius buses you spotted up north are Royal American buses that are based in Evanston. Last year Royal American purchased Evanston based Robinson Coach. I believe that garage is on Emerson.

Ive seen those buses running through Evanston. They came from AC Transit of Oakland, California

• 1 month later...

Why? Do you operate a tow truck?

No I dont, Well maybe I like it to keep it in the "Old Days" but I sorry that it bothers you that much about "Old style buses" But I am 100% ready for New Flyer Hybrid Artics. Thank you for your concern.

It would've been nice if they running for Pace- West Division for secondhand to replace 2200s (1992 Ikarus 416).

I wish they would send us the remaining 2200s, we need 40 footers bad! Our 606 Route is operating with almost all 6600 NABIs. As of yesterday #6646 broke down at NWTC and the latest news is that more NABIs are coming. All Orions will be retired from Academy.