6400 's @ Kedzie

Kimball401

Im scared at these pics but just hide you future bus spotter kids cause this is just insane Cause 6596 and the other bus @jackson had Kedzie garage on the window and sign . Plus i got cursed out by a bus operator for pulling up in front the garage to take the back pic of 6596 lol . But seriouslyhow long this has been going on ?

post-1324-0-06370100-1410973157_thumb.jp

post-1324-0-45255900-1410973187_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

Im scared at these pics but just hide you future bus spotter kids cause this is just insane Cause 6596 and the other bus @jackson had Kedzie garage on the window and sign . Plus i got cursed out by a bus operator for pulling up in front the garage to take the back pic of 6596 lol . But seriouslyhow long this has been going on ?

Since the only reports of Nova sightings at Kedzie started in a different thread Just a couple of days ago, I'd say it's only been about that long. It's probably just being loaned to Kedzie for a short while. Speaking of which, I spotted a Nova (maybe this one) on either the 7 or 157 leaving the westbound Polk Pink Line bus stop while I was on the 9 this morning heading home. Obviously at that distance from Ashland, the bus in question would be too far to view a fleet number or route number clearly. :lol: It must have pulled in after the morning rush ended because no Novas on either the 7 or 157 at present.

Since the only reports of Nova sightings at Kedzie started in a different thread Just a couple of days ago, I'd say it's only been about that long. It's probably just being loaned to Kedzie for a short while. Speaking of which, I spotted a Nova (maybe this one) on either the 7 or 157 leaving the westbound Polk Pink Line bus stop while I was on the 9 this morning heading home. Obviously at that distance from Ashland, the bus in question would be too far to view a fleet number or route number clearly. :lol: It must have pulled in after the morning rush ended because no Novas on either the 7 or 157 at present.

That bus was #6570 on #7 that was pullin to Kedzie.

That #6596 was on the #82 this morning. I thought that was odd for the #82. But it said it was only going to Jackson so I chalked it up to a NP run. I'm surprised it's at Kedzie

Between this one, 6570 being a rush hour run on the 7 this morning and 6814 being spotted on the 3 after its time at the roadeo, I'm sure those you guys in FG territory are glad to see FG spreading a little Nova love around even if they turn out to be loans. :lol: Kedzie sure hasn't been loaned Novas from anywhere since the mass 40 footer loan shuffle to shore up the 2008 artic garages right after the 7500s got pulled off the road at the start of the big NABI fiasco blowup. :lol::P

Between this one, 6570 being a rush hour run on the 7 this morning and 6814 being spotted on the 3 after its time at the roadeo, I'm sure those you guys in FG territory are glad to see FG spreading a little Nova love around even if they turn out to be loans. :lol: Kedzie sure hasn't been loaned Novas from anywhere since the mass 40 footer loan shuffle to shore up the 2008 artic garages right after the 7500s got pulled off the road at the start of the big NABI fiasco blowup. :lol::P

Yeah but we're lonely for a NF or new bus too!! :lol: I wonder how long this is going to go on, FG all Nova? I keep thinking this is the day for something to change, but it's groundhog day all over again!! :wacko: LOL!! Well something has to happen by the time we get #8120 unless we are going to store buses like we are trains!! :rolleyes:

Yeah but we're lonely for a NF or new bus too!! :lol: I wonder how long this is going to go on, FG all Nova? I keep thinking this is the day for something to change, but it's groundhog day all over again!! :wacko: LOL!! Well something has to happen by the time we get #8120 unless we are going to store buses like we are trains!! :rolleyes:

The bottom line is that 77th has to forfeit a lot of NF's before it reaches over capacity in which I don't know when the last time that ever happened to any garage. There has been a consistent amount of FG's Novas going in and out of South Shop for any undisclosed reasons.

The bottom line is that 77th has to forfeit a lot of NF's before it reaches over capacity in which I don't know when the last time that ever happened to any garage. There has been a consistent amount of FG's Novas going in and out of South Shop for any undisclosed reasons.

There's been alot of dead buses on the routes. But maybe something will change by the winter.

If each garage is supposed to have about ~275 buses, obviously if 77 gets 100-110 buses (our prediction) and theoretically isn't short now, it is going to have to give up NFs to somewhere else. CTA sure isn't going to run 450 some old Novas and 110 new ones.

But that isn't any different from when 77th received the 6400s and unloaded the 6000s.

One also has to figure how many buses are temporarily out for rehab, which, according to your and BusHunter's reports, recent escalated.

There's been alot of dead buses on the routes. But maybe something will change by the winter.

Yeah, there will be a lot more, especially given recent reports that last winter's jet stream pattern has not moved.