Annual CTA Holiday Train

sw4400

On 11/22/2023 at 9:51 PM, Busjack said:

I may have forgotten, but what's the difference between a Holiday Train with Santa and the Elves'  Workshop  Train?  Thanks. 

On Sundays the cta would run the elves workshop train behind the holiday train. It did not have a flatbed car and on the train there were elves to greet you. It only ran on sundays not on any other day. Im not sure why they stopped running it.

23 minutes ago, Jackson232 said:

On Sundays the cta would run the elves workshop train behind the holiday train. It did not have a flatbed car and on the train there were elves to greet you. It only ran on sundays not on any other day. Im not sure why they stopped running it.

Since you put it that way, it was probably a way of dealing with overcrowding, which went away with COVID.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 12:31 PM, Jackson232 said:

Man I miss the elves workshop train, I wouldn’t think CTA would bring it back they really need to, it can help eliminate some of the pressure off the holiday train when it comes to overcrowding. During the pre-pandemic levels, the holiday train was packed some people myself included one of those years we had to wait for the elves workshop train, which couldn’t undergo deep changes compared to the ex-skokie swift #2600s because they were orange line cars during those three years it existed.

On 12/7/2023 at 2:05 AM, Bus1883 said:

Man I miss the elves workshop train, I wouldn’t think CTA would bring it back they really need to, it can help eliminate some of the pressure off the holiday train when it comes to overcrowding. During the pre-pandemic levels, the holiday train was packed some people myself included one of those years we had to wait for the elves workshop train, which couldn’t undergo deep changes compared to the ex-skokie swift #2600s because they were orange line cars during those three years it existed.

I also loved it. It was great that they had another train to ride when the holiday train got to crowded. This year I rode the holiday train on the brown line on a Saturday night and it was packed and you could barely get in the train so there is a chance they bring it back. I also understand why it couldn't undergo deep changes because the cars are still in use by the orange line but the train still looked very nice.