Spring Pick 2017

renardo870

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2017 at 3:58 PM, Busjack said:

Updated timetables are posted, effective March 26.

Only thing I pursued is that 28 trips that ended at Madison Wacker still end at Madison Canal.

The only ones shown as going to Union Station are ones that head back south on the 28. I assume the Adams/Canal termination continue on Adams and then return to 103rd via 90/94.

40 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

There is something wrong with the timings on the 157 timetable. Buses are given 4 minutes to get from Randolph/Michigan to Taylor/Halsted and 16 minutes in the other direction!

4 minutes is totally impossible (Google Maps makes it 12 minutes without traffic).

That's cause they are going to try out the new Jetsons prototype!! Lol!!

In reality someone goofed at scheduling. They are going to have to change this one. At least if they didn't know they'll know now and fix it. 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

In reality someone goofed at scheduling. They are going to have to change this one. At least if they didn't know they'll know now and fix it. 

Either that, or the CAD is going to show a lot of +12s before someone gets the message.

It also must mess up the rest of the schedule as that Taylor-Halsted to Pink Line is consistently 8-10 minutes in each direction.

Also @busfan2847's message indicated that I had a brain phart, as I should have said Adams.

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

Either that, or the CAD is going to show a lot of +12s before someone gets the message.

It also must mess up the rest of the schedule as that Taylor-Halsted to Pink Line is consistently 8-10 minutes in each direction.

Also @busfan2847's message indicated that I had a brain phart, as I should have said Adams.

No it is just the Ramdolph/Michigan time that is wrong. Chestnut/Lake Shore to Halsted/Taylor is 31 minutes in current timetable and 28 minutes in the new one for a similar timed journey (7:03 or 7:04). I am not sure they can save 3 minutes in that stretch!

Looks like the westbound timing point labelled Randolph/Michigan in the new timetable is either Jackson/Clinton or Clinton Blue Line!

11 hours ago, BusHunter said:

That's cause they are going to try out the new Jetsons prototype!! Lol!!

Hope they actually catch and fix it unlike this goof up lol 

Screenshot_2017-03-18-07-08-52.png

10 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

No it is just the Ramdolph/Michigan time that is wrong. Chestnut/Lake Shore to Halsted/Taylor is 31 minutes in current timetable and 28 minutes in the new one for a similar timed journey (7:03 or 7:04). I am not sure they can save 3 minutes in that stretch!

I did it column by column. But, anyway you cook it, it doesn't seem like the time can be met. The Adams St. bridge outage didn't enter into it either. But maybe they think the Loop Link will support hypersonic speed.B|.

13 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

Looks like the westbound timing point labelled Randolph/Michigan in the new timetable is either Jackson/Clinton or Clinton Blue Line!

Yeah they mislabeled something there because there's not way it takes almost a half hour to get to Michigan/Randolph from the Chestnut/Lake Shore even with rush hour traffic.xD But they did manage to get the overall time to Halsted from Chestnut correct as you noted. Interesting enough they have the short trip timings correct in that those trips marked M, which the notations say start at Madison/Wacker, are shown to take nine minutes to reach Halsted from the Madison/Wacker start point as the current schedule show to be the case.