Detour Stops

artthouwill

Recently. Pace implemented a detour on rOute 313 from St Charles/ Rt 83 to Roosevelt/Meyers due to a weight restriction on  a small bridge on St Charles just West of Rt 83.  Now the 313 runs south on Rt 83 and West on Roosevelt  (the reverse EB) to Meyers where it goes back on rOute

Drivers had been making stops upon request along Roosevelt  at posted 301 stops until Wednesday.   I requested  a stop at Ardmore but the driver showed me a message on her  MDT instructing 313 drivers not to stop along Roosevelt. 

To me this is unfair.  Any passengers  that live along Ardmoore or Summit NORTH of Roosevelt but south of Washington  that could walk from Roosevelt  now can't take this bus through no fault  of their own.  For me, I can get off on Meyers but Ardmore  puts me closer to home.   Also the 301 does8 run West of Oak Brook Mall on weekends.

What is Pace policy regarding  stops along detour routes, especially  significant  detours  such as this one?

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

What is Pace policy regarding  stops along detour routes, especially  significant  detours  such as this one?

The Passenger Notice for this detour didn't say.

I guess it depends on what is posted. For instance the 352 detour was posted as picking up, and eventually became 348. But there wasn't parallel service already running on 138th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/30/2017 at 7:55 AM, artthouwill said:

Well the 313has resumedstopping along Roosevelt  between  Summit and Meyers.i guess people complained

I noticed the other day that bridge construction on St Charles is complete.   However the 313 is still running the same Roosevelt and Rt 83 detour route (which I like ).  I don't know how much longer that will last.   I guess I will have to be on the lookout for a Passenger Notice. 

UPDATED:  I saw  @Pace831posted the regular route resumes January 5th.  The old bus stops along the regular route are still up.  I will miss the Roosevelt routing as it was very convenient.   I'm sure the workers at Walmart will be ecstatic to see the return of regular routing through Villa Park.   I don't know how the residents will feel about it. 

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I noticed the other day that bridge construction on St Charles is complete.   However the 313 is still running the same Roosevelt and Rt 83 detour route (which I like ).  I don't know how much longer that will last.   I guess I will have to be on the lookout for a Passenger Notice. 

UPDATED:  I saw  @Pace831posted the regular route resumes January 5th.  The old bus stops along the regular route are still up.  I will miss the Roosevelt routing as it was very convenient.   I'm sure the workers at Walmart will be ecstatic to see the return of regular routing through Villa Park.   I don't know how the residents will feel about it. 

I liked that long-term detour because that is a route that I can get in Oak Park and I have not ridden a public transit bus on a highway ever since in 2018 in 6705 and 6291 and tomorrow I will celebrate the last day of it by going on the route to Yorktown. I have been filming since last March and I can't wait to get some highway on my channel!

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I liked that long-term detour because that is a route that I can get in Oak Park and I have not ridden a public transit bus on a highway ever since in 2018 in 6705 and 6291 and tomorrow I will celebrate the last day of it by going on the route to Yorktown. I have been filming since last March and I can't wait to get some highway on my channel!

What's your YouTube name broham

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Correct, I will ride 6359 and 6210 today on the highway, 6359 actually sounds very good and one of my fave Eldorados, but sadly this will be my 7th time riding it.

Ain't none wrong with that broham you going to take care of business while enjoying ya ride 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...