Fall Schedule for Bus 2017

ArcherRider

I was on transit chicago.com and check out 147 Outer Drive Express and 151 Sheridan new schedule   start on September 3 2017 and I see that on 151 on Sundays and Holidays will not go to Howard Station anymore  start on September 3 and now that #147 will to run later on Sundays and Holidays leave Congress Plaza at 10:30 pm  instead of 9:18 pm.

Some other changes I gathered:

8 - Improved Saturday midday frequency (from 12-15 min to 10-12 min). Decreased Saturday evening frequency (from 20-22 to 22-25 min)

11 - Service south of Brown Line eliminated.

30 - Sunday service extended to 79th/Stony Island/S Chicago. Allows connection to J14 (to Downtown), 28, 79. Sunday frequency reduced to 24 min from 20 min.

53A - appx. 1/2 of peak trips are short-turned between 95th and the Orange Line. 31st to 115th service reduced to 10-14 min at peak.

54B - Sunday service reduced from every 15 min to every 20-24 minutes.

62 - Sunday evening service reduced from every 20 min to every 22-23 minutes.

73 - New WB Saturday trip added at 7:25 PM

78 - Reed Hospital stop removed.

93 - Weekday midday service improved to every 20-21 min from every 25 min. Weekday evening service reduced to every 24 from every 20 min. Saturday improved to every 20-25 from every 30 min.

111 - Sunday service frequency reduced to every 17-20 min from every 15-17 min. Early morning Sunday service reduced to every 30 min from every 20 min.

115 - SB trip added at 5:54 am on Sundays

124 - Service frequency and hours reduced for off-peak season

134 - 2 SB AM trips eliminated.

135 - 1 SB AM trip eliminated.

147 - Service added on Sunday evenings to replace 151 Howard service.

151 - Late night Weekday service extended from Foster to Devon. Sunday night frequency reduced.

1 hour ago, Tcmetro said:

53A - appx. 1/2 of peak trips are short-turned between 95th and the Orange Line. 31st to 115th service reduced to 10-14 min at peak.

While the SB schedule has a block from Orange Line to 95th, most of the short trips are 79th to Orange Line. Definitely the short trips are a change from the June 2017 schedule.

On most of the couple of minutes difference, I wonder if they are intentional cutbacks,, or just conforming running times to the gps.

2 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

93 - Weekday midday service improved to every 20-21 min from every 25 min. Weekday evening service reduced to every 24 from every 20 min. Saturday improved to every 20-25 from every 30 min.

You also left out that weekday service will be starting earlier, with the first northbound trip leaving Kimball one hour earlier, at 5am instead of 6am and the first southbound trip leaving Davis earlier, at 5:40am instead of 5:50am. 

Since you are mentioning alerts, the 53A one says "During weekday rush periods, select trips will begin/end at 79th/Pulaski or 95th/Pulaski instead of operating to/from 115th/Springfield" but doesn't mention that they only go to the Orange Line.

I suppose that the 79th (as opposed to 81st) trips are pullouts or pullins to the 77th Garage.

Image of existing 53A timetable:

59a5c8fe83586_existing53a.thumb.png.670f6705696fc1b56c71d86da0fae4d3.png

New timetable

53a.thumb.png.8f1906ebe1e4d86165c8aaf9b59d0eec.png

And of course there are the usual changes we always expect at the transition to fall season service; beach services on 35, 63, 72 and 78 end, services on the 10 and 130 end until next summer*, and school trips added to various routes across the system. 

*Service on the 10 made summer season only last year starting with last year's fall pick service changes and the 130 does still have service hours for special events at the Museum Campus 2 hours before the event start and for about one hour after event end. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Spotted a paper information update sign on the #80 at the eb Cumberland stop. Couldn't see what it was for though.

Alert that the first bus from Broadway is at 4:05 a.m.

I pretty much figure that any CTA or Pace posted notice will be on the web alerts.

Don't know if it affects the eastbound schedule, as there is a bus from Central that leaves Cumberland at 4:29, then this bus at 4:59.

10 hours ago, Busjack said:

Alert that the first bus from Broadway is at 4:05 a.m.

I pretty much figure that any CTA or Pace posted notice will be on the web alerts.

Don't know if it affects the eastbound schedule, as there is a bus from Central that leaves Cumberland at 4:29, then this bus at 4:59.

I used to ride the #80 in the mornings from Dunning out here until I bought my car. There is a bus that leaves Cumberland at 4:29AM but the intervals after that are every 20 minutes for the first few buses. Buses pull out from Central wb, but I think there might be one that comes from the east end. WB service gets started the latest east of Central. That first bus I used to ride would pick up about 20 people to the blue line but the follower gets pretty crowded almost to a fully seated load. Any notice would benefit wb commuters so I don't know why that's on an eastbound stop. (If that is what it is)