New sign on top of bus stop sign

strictures

4 hours ago, strictures said:

Today I saw a round red sign with the letter "E" in white, on top of the CTA bus stop sign for the 147 & 151 at the SE corner of Sheridan & Bryn Mawr.

Anyone know what it means?

4 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

That is most likely the RTA signage for busy transfer points. I'm assuming they are labeling stops in the area due to the Red Line construction.

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/0918c46693ad4254a6bc5113e175faf7

4 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

They do the same thing at tne Harlem Green Line station too along with extra maps.

IMG_3816.JPG

Way finding especially in areas with the same origin but different destinations (in this case a lot of stuff starts at Loyola but can either need the 155, 36, 147 or 151) or places like 95th, midway, downtown on michigan and loop link. Easier to see a big letter above the bus stop instead of having to walk to it especially when the more routes are the stop, the smaller the font. 

• Upvote 1

This signage is also in places where they assume there will be lots of transferring, such as 95th/Western. In regards to that one specifically, it seems unnecessary, since there are only 4 routes passing through that intersection, one of which is a shift route, and nothing else terminates there anymore, but it's beyond me, so?‍♂️

18 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

IMG_3816.JPG

I think the signage isn't so much related to the reconstruction of the Red Line as much as it is the Red Line itself.  Even though I haven't been there recently,  I would imagine there are signs similar along Bryn Mawr and Broadway.

The Harlem sign Erin Mishkin posted is at the north side of the Green Line station.  There are also signs on the south side of the station, on both sides of Harlem at South Blvd and Circle and on both sides of Harlem at Lake St as well as on both sides of Lake Street and Harlem.  The main map showing all of the stops should be located inside or at the station.

26 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I think the signage isn't so much related to the reconstruction of the Red Line as much as it is the Red Line itself.  Even though I haven't been there recently,  I would imagine there are signs similar along Bryn Mawr and Broadway.

The Harlem sign Erin Mishkin posted is at the north side of the Green Line station.  There are also signs on the south side of the station, on both sides of Harlem at South Blvd and Circle and on both sides of Harlem at Lake St as well as on both sides of Lake Street and Harlem.  The main map showing all of the stops should be located inside or at the station.

It's located on at the south entrance under the glass awning, if memory serves. Harlem/Lake is definitely one of those places that needs it, since routes like the 309/313 stop but don't end, the 757 stop is separated from all the rest of the routes, etc

19 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

That is most likely the RTA signage for busy transfer points. I'm assuming they are labeling stops in the area due to the Red Line construction.

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/0918c46693ad4254a6bc5113e175faf7

I think its one of the signs in the general area of the Bryn Mawr station.  Though I haven't been there recently,  my guess is there are similar signs along Bryn Mawr for the 84, Broadway for the 36, and probably one SB on Sheridan at Bryn Mawr too.  The map for all of these stops should be in the Bryn Mawr station.

Up the thread just a tad I explain the Harlem and Lake station and signage in the surrounding area.