LED Signs On Flxible 6000's.

jesi2282

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed that many of the 6000 series buses out of Kedzie and Forest Glen that have these new signs only have them on the front destination sign. The side signs are still the sorry worn out green variety.

Mostly all the rehabbed 6000's have only the front destination sign LED, and the rest is the old green. I havent seen ANY with every sign LED. There might be all LED destination signs on a 6000 with the new logo.

The CTA is only replacing the front destination signs on the 6000's.  The side destination signs will remain the stock flip-dot signs installed before delivery.  The only buses getting both front and side LED's(although I haven't seen any new ones lately) are the 5800 series New Flyers.

Number 6085 was on route x28 with NO new logo(sorry for earlier post, to exicted!) As i stated before there was a bus WITH the new logo at the 103st garage. So this means that not only the one*test bus* has the destination sign. Two!!!!!( YAY!!) pretty soon hopefully they will all have them!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Number 6085 was on route x28 with NO new logo(sorry for earlier post, to exicted!) As i stated before there was a bus WITH the new logo at the 103st garage. So this means that not only the one*test bus* has the destination sign. Two!!!!!( YAY!!) pretty soon hopefully they will all have them!!

All Of 103rd's 6000's Have LED Signs. 6088 And 6086 Have The New Logo