CTA Paper Buses

Danielsmusic

I remember the North Ave one being sold at a model railway shop that used to be in Old Orchard, but isn't there now. Where did you get yours?

Also I thought it was pretty realistic, but the fleet numbers were always on a metal plate on the air conditioner grill. There is also a difference in eras, as the cta over the driver's window and fleet number under the windshield came a few years after the buses were delivered. Does this have RTA tags, which would be consistent with that (but not how the bus appeared in 1972)?

1419 does not have the RTA tags. There are a few other discrepencies on the realisticness of the buses For example all the seats inside face forward...there are no sidewinders. My 1419 was purchased at the hobby store on Golf Road in Niles (by a friend who saw it and knew I always wanted a CTA bus model). I have seen a few on Ebay. My 301 was purchased at Chicagoland Hobby right after it was released. 301 was also available (and still may be at the CTA store on line). My Corgi fleet also includes CMC 1165, MCI 424 and a London bus given to me for Christmas one year. I also have a CTA 5401 (a great replica) from St Petersburg Tram and have a CTA old look 600 series on order from there, which I have been told should be ready for shipment in February (I ordered that one last summer). Here is a look at my fleet.

post-17-1201368940_thumb.jpg post-17-1201368956_thumb.jpgpost-17-1201368966_thumb.jpg post-17-1201368975_thumb.jpgpost-17-1201369128_thumb.jpg

I remember the North Ave one being sold at a model railway shop that used to be in Old Orchard, but isn't there now. Where did you get yours?

I remember that store!!! It was a great place. There used to be a transportation store at Navy Pier, and I bought seven of the CTA fishbowls.

Also, I'll be putting a link to green Americana and Flyer paperbuses up later today.

Also, if anyone wants me to make an Americana with a specific route number or bus number, let me know. The destination signs are a pain to mess with, but I've got all the Americana signs and numbers already painted. Let me know if you want something specific.

Cool. Could you make me bus number 4317, and [6 Jeffery Exp] on the destination sign above the door if you can? And if you can get the destination sign in front, could you put in [6 to Mich/Wacker] ?

And I'll give you my e-mail. I'll need the high-res link. The one you posted is too small. Thank you so much.

1419 does not have the RTA tags. There are a few other discrepencies on the realisticness of the buses For example all the seats inside face forward...there are no sidewinders. My 1419 was purchased at the hobby store on Golf Road in Niles (by a friend who saw it and knew I always wanted a CTA bus model). I have seen a few on Ebay. My 301 was purchased at Chicagoland Hobby right after it was released. 301 was also available (and still may be at the CTA store on line). My Corgi fleet also includes CMC 1165, MCI 424 and a London bus given to me for Christmas one year. I also have a CTA 5401 (a great replica) from St Petersburg Tram and have a CTA old look 600 series on order from there, which I have been told should be ready for shipment in February (I ordered that one last summer). Here is a look at my fleet.

post-17-1201368940_thumb.jpg post-17-1201368956_thumb.jpgpost-17-1201368966_thumb.jpg post-17-1201368975_thumb.jpgpost-17-1201369128_thumb.jpg

Nice collection of fishbowls there. Is that store in Niles still open? If it's still open, I must get down there and get me one of those.

1419 does not have the RTA tags. There are a few other discrepencies on the realisticness of the buses For example all the seats inside face forward...there are no sidewinders. My 1419 was purchased at the hobby store on Golf Road in Niles (by a friend who saw it and knew I always wanted a CTA bus model).

Where is the Hobby Shop over by Golf Mill Mall, whats the address? I need to go there and shop.

As for Tamir4317- No, its not that hard to build a paperbus, I build them by notecards, tape them together to make them wider and I place few bigger lagos or cassette tape case inside the bus to avoid from getting bended or smash, So far I've build 4 MAN Americanas, 7 New Flyers (7 years ago), 4 NABI 436s, and All type Neoplans. Now I'm building about 10 MCI/Nova Classic buses to make them bigger/ longer than whats on the web site.

As for Tamir4317- No, its not that hard to build a paperbus, I build them by notecards, tape them together to make them wider and I place few bigger lagos or cassette tape case inside the bus to avoid from getting bended or smash, So far I've build 4 MAN Americanas, 7 New Flyers (7 years ago), 4 NABI 436s, and All type Neoplans. Now I'm building about 10 MCI/Nova Classic buses to make them bigger/ longer than whats on the web site.

I find it's easier and much more accurate to create them using Microsoft Paint.

Also, if anyone wants me to make an Americana with a specific route number or bus number, let me know. The destination signs are a pain to mess with, but I've got all the Americana signs and numbers already painted. Let me know if you want something specific.

Are you doing red, white, & blue Americanas? I have a request for this one, paper signs & all. Same run number, too, if it isn't much trouble :).

Where is the Hobby Shop over by Golf Mill Mall, whats the address? I need to go there and shop.

Here is the information...

Trains & Cars of Yesterday Inc

7923 Golf Rd, Morton Grove, IL 60053

(847) 470-9500

It is on the south side of Golf Road just east of Washington St in a strip mall. It is a nice hobby shop, but I don't think it matches up to Chicagoland Hobby (on Northwest Hwy) or Hills Hobby in Park Ridge.

Here is the information...

Trains & Cars of Yesterday Inc

7923 Golf Rd, Morton Grove, IL 60053

(847) 470-9500

It is on the south side of Golf Road just east of Washington St in a strip mall. It is a nice hobby shop, but I don't think it matches up to Chicagoland Hobby (on Northwest Hwy) or Hills Hobby in Park Ridge.

Thank you for the info. I'll try and make a stop there this weekend.

I have not been able to put it together but here it is, fresh out of the printer.

Which web site you get that CTA one from?

I sworn that I've saw that type of that bus in same color working on #49 Western Southbound at Orange Line Station 1 day saturday in early 2005 before it retired for I still dont know what the reason, that was a nice bus compared to LACMTA The Rapid in Orange color and Phoenix (Valley Metro) NABI Compo paperbus which I have. .

Danielsmusic,

Can you also do a paper bus on the other active CTA fleet buses? 40 footers anyways. The 60 footers would be nice, but are a pain to scale on one sheet of paper with the printer I have.

Well, the links to the TMCs are posted earlier in this section. In addition to those, I'm going to have the 5300s, 6000s, 5800s, 1000s, and New Flyer artics (possibly numbered in the 7800s because the 7800 compobus is retired) done by the weekend. I will have the 60-foot NABIs done by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Even though you didn't ask for it, I'll probably have the 7000s, 7100s, and 7300s done within the next week-and-a-half.