CTA Paper Buses

Danielsmusic

I tried the color for the Pine you suggested, but Paint labeled that one as Turquoise... so I did a little tweaking to a Dark Green I did find, and hopefully made it more of a Pine Green...

The Americana is missing a window that was positioned forward of the rear doors. It was shaped something like a vertical oval.

Ok, here is the NABI Compobus. Sometimes I wonder if we got the 24 others in the original order during the great NABI fiasco, I wonder if they would've still been in service today or would they have self-destructed like the 60-LFW's did...

LA is still running them (and had a virtual single source procurement for more), and being a cast composite, I doubt that they would have had the same steel structural problems that the 60LFWs did.

Of course, the real question was whether this got killed because NABI was going bankrupt and couldn't afford to make them, their Buy America Act waivers expired, or the you know what was already starting to hit the fan.

I went a little further back with the GM Fishbowls and made one from the early 1960's... CTA Series 100-249

You have to go back to the color picker, as this looks like an Evanston Bus Co. bus (brown). Use the eyedropper on basically the "dark green" of the lime and pine models.

Here's another livery idea just tossed around in my mind if the CTA ever went away from the white with the red and blue stripe.

If you intended yellow, orange, and red, that hits me as too extreme.

However, since this is a matter of taste, doesn't matter one way or the other.

Now, I'll throw out a totally perverse idea:

It was reported that CMC painted buses different colors for north, south and west side routes. If CTA did that (in real life), that would sure kill the "More Bus Moves" thread. Even though totally unworkable, how about ultraviolet buses for Pace West? Shocking pink (sort of like the Chevy Spark) for North Shore?

But if memory serves me, Pittsburgh had various different metallic colors for its buses at the same time.

It was yellow, orange and red, Busjack. And I do agree that the color mixture was extreme, just experimentation with possible livery ideas... like this one. This is mostly light blue with a strip of blue at the bottom and white around the windows.

Opinion: too close to Pace.

Yeah, it did look like a PACE bus too much. This one is a little more unique... dark blue, gold roof, light yellow panels on the bottom and brown around the windows.

If you got some slate into it, it would be similar to the original RTA colors, which CTA hated.

I guess that Pace didn't want them, either.

Of course, similar to the 1940s Rapid Transit colors, on the commemorative train.