CTA Paper Buses

Danielsmusic

Here is the redo with ChicagoNova's suggestion.

Ok that's nice, but the door should be in the middle between the two windows in the mid-section, and I think another window for the mid-section matching the size of the 5th window in the front section should cut it.

For the mid-section, it should be (going towards the rear of the bus) window-door-window-small window and the tire just below [what should be]the last two windows in the mid-section.

I think there should also be a door replacing the 3rd window in the front section.

I guess America can't handle it like the other countries can that have bi-artics.

Not worth doing extensive research on this, but I assume that they are where there is dedicated true BRT. Anyway, parts of Europe still appear to rely on the strassenbahn (street car).

I would agree on a normal articulated, jajuan... but I think that the wheels are evenly placed as they are here, with weight evenly balanced on each axle. I was contemplating adding another axle in the middle of the bus.

No I mean I viewed a youTube clip of a double articulated with the third axle placed in front of the articulation joint, not behind it like you have it placed.

These look really nice. I love your work. Will there be a section on this forum for CTA Rail Cars, and even Pace Buses and Metra Trains in the future?

These look really nice. I love your work. Will there be a section on this forum for CTA Rail Cars, and even Pace Buses and Metra Trains in the future?

This is a take on a brand new Flxible model(we all know Flxible isn't in business, but one can still imagine, right?) Anyhow, this is a spin on the well-loved "Metro" model CTA purchased in 1990-91 and again 1994-95. I have given it a newer name, combining "Metro" with "Low Floor". I call it the Flxible Metlo. I will introduce this in CTA livery shortly, as well as a Hybrid model and a Articulated version.

Here is the Flxible "Metlo" Family with no liveries, just the Flxible logo.

Flxible Metlo.bmp

Flxible Metlo Hybrid.bmp

Flxible Metlo 60.bmp

Flxible Metlo 60 Hybrid.bmp

This is a take on a brand new Flxible model(we all know Flxible isn't in business, but one can still imagine, right?) Anyhow, this is a spin on the well-loved "Metro" model CTA purchased in 1990-91 and again 1994-95. I have given it a newer name, combining "Metro" with "Low Floor". I call it the Flxible Metlo. I will introduce this in CTA livery shortly, as well as a Hybrid model and a Articulated version.

But why the "old Flyer" skinny window behind the front door?

But why the "old Flyer" skinny window behind the front door?

I had some extra space between the first window and the front doors, but not enough for another standard window, so I thought a narrow window would fit nicely. I didn't even think about the fact that Flyer D901A's had that window when I put it in.

I had some extra space between the first window and the front doors, but not enough for another standard window, so I thought a narrow window would fit nicely. I didn't even think about the fact that Flyer D901A's had that window when I put it in.

So, I guess you have to use resize tools.

I think before Flxible closed they did do a prototype low floor (I thought I saw one photo of it). I don't know how to find the pic but if you could it might be a great to

work on it. :)

Gene King

I think before Flxible closed they did do a prototype low floor (I thought I saw one photo of it). I don't know how to find the pic but if you could it might be a great to

Gene King

That was inconclusively discussed in this topic. This search might provide a few similar leads.

Gene King

Doing a search for "Flxible Low Floor Bus" yielded no results about any images or otherwise about a Low Floor Flxible bus. I'm not doubting your word, but search results for this and "Flxible Low Floor Bus Prototype" come up empty.

Checking Wikipedia, the last models Flxible made were in 1995-1996, and those were the Flxible "E" Model, which is what 6000-6329 were.

Here's another addition to the "Metlo" fictional family... this is the Metlo Advanced... basically a spruced up version of the Metlo, much like the Xcelsior is a spruced up Low Floor model to New Flyer. You might notice the homage to the 6000-Series Flxible Metros in this model with the straight-designed rear, as opposed to the slightly curved one on the regular Metlo models I created, which pay homage to the 5300-Series Flxible Metros.

Flxible Metlo Advanced.bmp

cta_Flxible Metlo Advanced.bmp

Flxible Metlo Advanced Hybrid.bmp

cta_Flxible Metlo Advanced Hybrid.bmp

Flxible Metlo 60 Advanced.bmp

Flxible Metlo 60 Advanced Hybrid.bmp

cta_Flxible Metlo 60 Advanced.bmp

cta_Flxible Metlo 60 Advanced Hybrid.bmp