CTA Paper Buses

Danielsmusic

Doing a search for "Flxible Low Floor Bus" yielded no results about any images or otherwise about a Low Floor Flxible bus. I'm not doubting your word, but search results for this and "Flxible Low Floor Bus Prototype" come up empty.

Checking Wikipedia, the last models Flxible made were in 1995-1996, and those were the Flxible "E" Model, which is what 6000-6329 were.

Page 16:

http://onlinepubs.trb.org/onlinepubs/tcrp/tsyn02.pdf

Gives some clues. Supposedly a type G, and was going to be offered in an artic version too.

This, of course, coutesy of

http://forum.chicagobus.org/topic/947-does-anyone-have-any-info-or-pics-of-the-flxible-low-floor/

Which was first in a Google search I did.

Yeah even though it has a cooler color scheme than the White Sox one. I don't know. The Sox one just seems kind of drab and not too exciting.

At least not as incomprehensible as most of the Pace "Special Destination" wraps.

Anyway, I doubt that route 423 is going to Soldier Field in the near future, which inspired my route 154 comment.

• 1 month later...

I updated the NOVA Paper Buses with an all new Version 3.0 on the NOVA LFS2, which is the NOVA LFS Smart Bus the CTA is ordering for 2014.

Link

A bit squat, though.

And maybe you have to put another door on the HEV articulated and paint it like the Jeffery Jump, if only for fantasy purposes, as I said elsewhere today that I don't believe in the 9 BRT, :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile, but here's another bus put together... the New Flyer MIDI. I hope to see a small quantity in the CTA roster down the future if, for anything, just to see how they do the paint livery on it. Will they be as adventurous as the Optima Opus was or will they go with the standard version seen on all the 40' and 60' buses?

New Flyer MIDI.bmp

It's been awhile, but here's another bus put together... the New Flyer MIDI. I hope to see a small quantity in the CTA roster down the future if, for anything, just to see how they do the paint livery on it. Will they be as adventurous as the Optima Opus was or will they go with the standard version seen on all the 40' and 60' buses?

Nice picture but I really don't want to see CTA make further ventures in taking on sardine can size buses for the foreseeable future.

Nice picture but I really don't want to see CTA make further ventures in taking on sardine can size buses for the foreseeable future.

100 percent agree with what you said lol I hate the ones we have now and I'm sure I'll hate any future orders lol

Depends what is the in the future for the now 5 year U of C contract, but I doubt that we will see them.

Did some more tinkering and came up with another livery change for CTA. Still using blue and red, but including orange now and lime on the bottom replacing the gray panels. Model used is a New Flyer DE60LFR. I might redo this livery on the NOVA LFS Smart Bus model I made.

I'm not really big on the orange and lime added in. The almost vertical stripe pattern is a nice switch though, reminiscent of the experimental pattern used on Flxible 6128 after it went from Kedzie to FG when that model was still in revenue service.

I'm not really big on the orange and lime added in. The almost vertical stripe pattern is a nice switch though, reminiscent of the experimental pattern used on Flxible 6128 after it went from Kedzie to FG when that model was still in revenue service.

I added the orange for a lighter color to sandwich between the darker red and blue and I used the lime as a different color for the gray panels because a lot of people say they look blah. Here's the NOVA Smart Bus. What I did here was basically the same livery, only difference is I sandwiched a strip of lime in-between the red and blue and used light blue as the color of the panels on the bottom of the bus.

cta_NOVA_LFS Smart Bus New Livery.bmp

My biggest dislike of CTA's current livery is the gray rocker panel and black window band. Please feel free to do a bus without those items.

Well, here's another go with a new color to the window band. I didn't want to go too extreme on a light hue, so I went with a purple here.

CTA_New Flyer_DE60LFR-New Livery 2.0.bmp

cta_NOVA_LFS Smart Bus New Livery 2.0.bmp

Have you considered leaving out the extra lime greens, purples and orange colors? They're not really necessary if you're going to keep in CTA's original red, white and blue. They kind of make the overall color scheme clash. The light blue in place of the grey is a nice touch.

Have you considered leaving out the extra lime greens, purples and orange colors? They're not really necessary if you're going to keep in CTA's original red, white and blue. They kind of make the overall color scheme clash. The light blue in place of the grey is a nice touch.

That looks somewhat like MARTA buses, although the newer ones, while keeping the multicolored stripes, look more like RGRTA ones (a forum pictures of both styles).

Anyway, WAMTA and MCTS indicate that curved painted portions are now in.

That looks somewhat like MARTA buses, although the newer ones, while keeping the multicolored stripes, look more like RGRTA ones (a forum pictures of both styles).

Anyway, WAMTA and MCTS indicate that curved painted portions are now in.

Ok but I wasn't referring to the overall arrangement of the stripes. That part of it I like. I was speaking on the choice of colors he's presented far if he's going to keep the red, white and blue.

Ok but I wasn't referring to the overall arrangement of the stripes. That part of it I like. I was speaking on the choice of colors he's presented far if he's going to keep the red, white and blue.

I was referring to the colors with reference to MARTA and MCTS. If the CTA colors were ever original, they aren't after 25 years (and, of course, aren't going to be changed; unless someone is attuned to the rear end, I bet they do not find a difference between the 2000-2 and 2014 Novas).

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...