More Bus Moves

sw4400

#1816 is on #20. #1463 is on #52.

Hmmm sounds like Kedzie might get 1468 when it's resurrected from it's long hiatus after all. :rolleyes::lol: And from your and some of the other guys' observations seems the swapocalypse is churning up again. This is getting crazy. It's now gotten to the point that out of the latest buses you observed down at the shops for rehabbing or some other maintenance, only 1393 and 1769 were buses I could positively name the home garage, NP. And that's only because I've ridden or physically sighted them a lot on the 22, 36, 136 and 148.

Wouldnt be surprised if they were being transferred to the Blue since they have a majority of the 2600 fleet.

The question would be from what, as the Pink Line doesn't run them. Maybe it has something to do with temporary storage at the 54th Yard, which isn't being used to capacity now.

Now I know I'm being fooled!! :lol:

#6798's on the #106. That's considered a new bus by Fg standards!! :P

Lol ok you got me I was trying to get you guys for April fools lol..but 6798 is on 106 for real?? Lol just checking bus tracker you're absolutely right about 6798 it's still a 106. You wanna know what makes me so mad?? It's every time I'm off that's when they wanna send Novas over lol.

Lol ok you got me I was trying to get you guys for April fools lol..but 6798 is on 106 for real?? Lol just checking bus tracker you're absolutely right about 6798 it's still a 106. You wanna know what makes me so mad?? It's every time I'm off that's when they wanna send Novas over lol.

Now to debunk SW's claim. Funny he didn't take a picture.

BTW, I had a good laugh last night when I read this link...

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/03/30/cta-rider-satisfaction-down-but-still-high/

I really like the part where they said....

'Derrick Harris, a community activist and grant writer, said a bus service disparity exists not only geographically but racially, with South Side African Americans in particular getting the short end of the stick.

“There is a disparity,’’ Harris said. “Of course it’s true. And it’s shameful.”

I guess all new buses and trains is not good enough, maybe they need limo service to take them to the stop.

Then Tammy Chase says....

Chase cautioned the survey was a mere “snapshot in time” and said CTA officials are “constantly working to improve service to our customers, and have done so in recent years in a number of ways.”

She pointed to the growing presence of CTA Bus and Train Tracker displays, new and improved rail stations and tracks, and updates to rail and bus fleets. In addition, the new 95th Street Red Line station should hearten not only South Side L users but bus riders who will enjoy an improved bus staging area.

Someone should take Tammy Chase up to Jefferson Park and show her the bus fleet up there is not getting newer, it's actually getting older!!

And please hire some electricians to work on these train tracker signs, they look nice, but they would look better working!! :P

(They actually put some on the California/Milwaukee platform like Damen/Milwaukee.) Poor Belmont/Kimball though is still left out in the cold.

Now to debunk SW's claim. Funny he didn't take a picture.

BTW, I had a good laugh last night when I read this link...

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/03/30/cta-rider-satisfaction-down-but-still-high/

I really like the part where they said....

'Derrick Harris, a community activist and grant writer, said a bus service disparity exists not only geographically but racially, with South Side African Americans in particular getting the short end of the stick.

“There is a disparity,’’ Harris said. “Of course it’s true. And it’s shameful.”

I guess all new buses and trains is not good enough, maybe they need limo service to take them to the stop.

Then Tammy Chase says....

Chase cautioned the survey was a mere “snapshot in time” and said CTA officials are “constantly working to improve service to our customers, and have done so in recent years in a number of ways.”

She pointed to the growing presence of CTA Bus and Train Tracker displays, new and improved rail stations and tracks, and updates to rail and bus fleets. In addition, the new 95th Street Red Line station should hearten not only South Side L users but bus riders who will enjoy an improved bus staging area.

Someone should take Tammy Chase up to Jefferson Park and show her the bus fleet up there is not getting newer, it's actually getting older!!

And please hire some electricians to work on these train tracker signs, they look nice, but they would look better working!! :P

(They actually put some on the California/Milwaukee platform like Damen/Milwaukee.) Poor Belmont/Kimball though is still left out in the cold.

I think the folks in question are talking about more than just shiny new bus and trains. Believe it or not folks still care about those other tangible things like as actual bus wait times and how late a bus route is still in service. B):rolleyes: While I'm not going to jump and say it's racial like these folks, but I can see where have the perception that service doesn't measure up on the south side versus north just based off the higher population density on the north side having a lot of the service concentrated north. And because of that the number of routes south that end at 10, 10:30 and 11 in the evening leaves bigger gaps between the next connections than up here on the North side. Add that to a higher real as well as perceived crime rate out south and that's going to color folks perceptions. A newly delivered bus or train doesn't mean a hill of beans to people when they feel that they still have to wait longer for it, won't see it on the road as much, or have to deal with a fear of getting shot or worse while they're waiting for it. And CTA did pull most of the newest artics off the south side and placed them in NP. :lol:

I think the folks in question are talking about more than just shiny new bus and trains. Believe it or not folks still care about those other tangible things like as actual bus wait times and how late a bus route is still in service. B):rolleyes: While I'm not going to jump and say it's racial like these folks, but I can see where have the perception that service doesn't measure up on the south side versus north just based off the higher population density on the north side having a lot of the service concentrated north. And because of that the number of routes south that end at 10, 10:30 and 11 in the evening leaves bigger gaps between the next connections than up here on the North side. Add that to a higher real as well as perceived crime rate out south and that's going to color folks perceptions. A newly delivered bus or train doesn't mean a hill of beans to people when they feel that they still have to wait longer for it, won't see it on the road as much, or have to deal with a fear of getting shot or worse while they're waiting for it. And CTA did pull most of the newest artics off the south side and placed them in NP. :lol:

I tended to discount most of the complaints and most of the responses. However since the article referred to the far south side, if they were talking about the need to take infrequent feeders to the 95th station, there is certainly a basis for a complaint there.

I tended to discount most of the complaints and most of the responses. However since the article referred to the far south side, if they were talking about the need to take infrequent feeders to the 95th station, there is certainly a basis for a complaint there.

Well having used CTA in south side areas personally, they have some legitimate complaints outside of the number of bus route going into the 95th Red Line bus terminal even if some of the things they were saying is admittedly exaggerated or overblown.

Well having used CTA in south side areas personally, they have some legitimate complaints outside of the number of bus route going into the 95th Red Line bus terminal even if some of the things they were saying is admittedly exaggerated or overblown.

Well I think it's just that those south siders are more skeptical riders than the north siders. If they ever get the Red line extension going what will they do when 1/4 of the bus service will probably go away? But you never know CTA might keep the service as is until noone notices and just slowly eliminate the double service. That might be a political hot potato but then again if CTA bows to pressure from the south side, the north side might not have much service when they do decide to cut service. Common sense what do you cut the #55A or the middle of the #11? :P CTA knows.... :lol: