Bus Wraps

BusHunter

Looks like the Jimmy Johns contract is expiring. I couldn't help but notice the ex Jimmy Johns bus #1476 has now become the 2010 Census bus. I wonder if #1231 is losing it's JJ wrap. There's also a few JJ wraps at NP. A few weeks ago #1239 lost it's Meet the Browns wrap. It left the outside of the bus looking kind of dirty and dusty looking, but within a few days it was restored back to normal. Both buses I believe were wrapped for about a year.

Looks like the Jimmy Johns contract is expiring. I couldn't help but notice the ex Jimmy Johns bus #1376 has now become the 2010 Census bus. I wonder if #1231 is losing it's JJ wrap. There's also a few JJ wraps at NP. A few weeks ago #1239 lost it's Meet the Browns wrap. It left the outside of the bus looking kind of dirty and dusty looking, but within a few days it was restored back to normal. Both buses I believe were wrapped for about a year.

There is a 2010 Census wrap at Chicago Ave as well. I cant remember the # (its a 1450's, 60's or 70's bus).

Looks like the Jimmy Johns contract is expiring. I couldn't help but notice the ex Jimmy Johns bus #1376 has now become the 2010 Census bus. I wonder if #1231 is losing it's JJ wrap. There's also a few JJ wraps at NP. A few weeks ago #1239 lost it's Meet the Browns wrap. It left the outside of the bus looking kind of dirty and dusty looking, but within a few days it was restored back to normal. Both buses I believe were wrapped for about a year.

Kedzie NFs 1160 and 1358 are currently done in the Census wrap also. 1180 and I believe it's bus 1374 were still in their Jimmy John's ad wraps last I saw of them the past couple of weeks. I was just thinking at that time how Kedzie again has two Jimmy John's buses.

Kedzie NFs 1160 and 1358 are currently done in the Census wrap also. 1180 and I believe it's bus 1374 were still in their Jimmy John's ad wraps last I saw of them the past couple of weeks. I was just thinking at that time how Kedzie again has two Jimmy John's buses.

Now that it's mention, I saw a Jimmy John's bus wrap yesterday on a #22 Clark street bus. I didn't get the bus number, but given that's mostly NP buses, maybe someone can enlighten what bus that might be.

1621 can now be added among Kedzie's Census buses. It must be fairly recent because it was in its regular livery when the other two made their debut, but was on the 18 today sporting the wrap. One wrap that would make sense would be some form of Earth Day wrap applied to one of either of the 800s, 900s, or 4000s.

1621 can now be added among Kedzie's Census buses. It must be fairly recent because it was in its regular livery when the other two made their debut, but was on the 18 today sporting the wrap. On wrap that would make sense would be some form of Earth Day wrap applied to one of either of the 800s, 900s, or 4000s.

There's a Montana partial wrap on the left side of one of the #800's. Montana probably has some pretty clean air.

There is a 2010 Census wrap at Chicago Ave as well. I cant remember the # (its a 1450's, 60's or 70's bus).

The Chicago Garage NF with the Census wrap is bus #1451. I spotted it Friday morning while riding 1381 on the 136. By coincidence I ended transferring to #1621 on the 126, which as I mentioned in my prior post about the census ads in this thread is Kedzie's third NF done in the 2010 Census wrap.

The Chicago Garage NF with the Census wrap is bus #1451. I spotted it Friday morning while riding 1381 on the 136. By coincidence I ended transferring to #1621 on the 126, which as I mentioned in my prior post about the census ads in this thread is Kedzie's third NF done in the 2010 Census wrap.

1476 is wrapped as well...

• 2 weeks later...

Bus 909 is now done in a wrap promoting the fact that the bus is a hybrid engine bus and gets better fuel efficiency than standard diesel buses. The wrap looks like the Census wraps from a distance because it's a similar color with most of it depicting a blue sky. The bottom part covering the lower panels shows green grass and plants and if I remember correctly the slogan on the wrap says 'Think Greener' or something to that effect. I spotted the bus early Monday afternoon going down Roosevelt Rd. It wasn't in service at the time but it sported a 'CLEANER GREENER' destination sign.

Bus 909 is now done in a wrap promoting the fact that the bus is a hybrid engine bus. ... I spotted the bus early Monday afternoon going down Roosevelt Rd. It wasn't in service at the time but it sported a 'CLEANER GREENER' destination sign.

There are pictures in the April President's Report, pages 4 and 5. Of course, one has to wonder how "green" it is with all that plastic, inside and out.

There are pictures in the April President's Report, pages 4 and 5. Of course, one has to wonder how "green" it is with all that plastic, inside and out.

One thing of note from the President's Report is that the bus is done in honor of Earth Day like I mentioned would be a good idea in a post I made in this thread a few weeks ago though I mentioned an 800 also could have been used if a 900 wasn't chosen. The report says the bus will be on display downtown on Earth Day. As for the plastic, perhaps it wil be recycled when the bus goes back to standard llivery. I was thinking of Americana 4217 that was painted in honor of Earth Day back in the '90s shortly after it was in a Black History/MLK themed paint scheme and shortly before going from 69th to NP when the 6000s were being delivered. As I recall both paint schemes were done by South Side school children and one or both schemes were mentioned in the papers at the time.

• 1 month later...

1407, 1408 and 1411 are now done completely in 7-Eleven wraps promoting that new promotion deal they have going on with Zynga. Those of you with Facebook and MySpace accounts know that Zynga made such games as Yoville, Mafia Wars, Farmville, Vampire Wars and Sorority Life. The Titan signs on those buses are tied to the promotion and display 'Only at 7-Eleven ______' with the name of one of the Zynga games filling in the blank. The signs change and flash a different game. No other advertisements are displayed on the signs for the time being. If you see the buses, you'll see the 7-Eleven logo colors are prominent on them. NP has quite a number other buses done in new ad wraps, but I can't comletely recall for which companies they're for or the fleet numbers.

Also for the past few weeks, 1701 has been done in a bright blue wrap for Allstate.

• Upvote 1

1407, 1408 and 1411 are now done completely in 7-Eleven wraps promoting that new promotion deal they have going on with Zynga. Those of you with Facebook and MySpace accounts know that Zynga made such games as Yoville, Mafia Wars, Farmville, Vampire Wars and Sorority Life. The Titan signs on those buses are tied to the promotion and display 'Only at 7-Eleven ______' with the name of one of the Zynga games filling in the blank. The signs change and flash a different game. No other advertisements are displayed on the signs for the time being. If you see the buses, you'll see the 7-Eleven logo colors are prominent on them. NP has quite a number other buses done in new ad wraps, but I can't comletely recall for which companies they're for or the fleet numbers.

Also for the past few weeks, 1701 has been done in a bright blue wrap for Allstate.

Those bus of NP bus wraps is #1855 and 1857 for Wisconsin.com

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to report I rode 1701 on the 12 Roosevelt early last week and its Allstate wrap has been removed and currently back in regular CTA livery. I also spotted 1411 this morning on the 22 Clark and the 7Eleven wrap I reported last month is gone from it, and it too is back in normal CTA livery.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Did you guys see the Dr Pepper bus wraps on the artics? If not here's a few pictures.

attachicon.gifcta dr pepper wrap.png

attachicon.gifcta dr pepper 2.png

I saw 4146 at Howard this afternoon on 147 with the full Dr. Pepper wrap. Couldn't get a decent photo due to time constraints [the bus started leaving as I got there] & it was just too dark under the canopy, combined with the dark red wrap.

• 1 year later...

If you guys are interested #1017 now sports a 7UP wrap. What's next an RC wrap? I think Dr Pepper/7UP makes that flavor. But really the creme de la creme is an orange or purple Nehi bus. That makes for an interesting idea. They could have all those flavors on each branch of the 'L". xD They could be color coded.

10 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

But really the creme de la creme is an orange or purple Nehi bus. That makes for an interesting idea

is Nehi still around? I don't recall seeing it. And does it handle personal injury cases?