Bus Run numbers and stops

karenspalmtree

I was wondering if there is a way to find out what time a run number is at a particular stop? There is a bus run number Im looking for and Id like to know when that bus is at my stop. Any way to find out?

Usually the lower run numbers are in the morning and the higher in the evening. Run numbers may also do multiple routes. So, if you have 300 run number like on the #152. It may end up on the #86 if it shares that route. On the flipside, you may see a 200 run number on the #152. That would originate on the #91. If you know a scheduled time, like run 307 is at Pulaski/Addison at this time, then just follow the schedule on the CTA site and you'll know when it's where you want it to be. But if it has a relief that run will disappear at the relief point and fallback until that operator finishes there lunch period. That's how the full time operators work. The part timers may have different run numbers yet. Like on Addison in the evening most of the part timers have 340 run numbers. Kevin may have more info on this site about specific run numbers per street so you can look there too if you don't know what street the run number is on.

Someone had once posted that BusTracker had an attribute in its url so that a supervisor could see the run and badge number of every bus and its driver on the map, and posted what that attribute was. However, the functionality of that ended on the public site almost as soon as that had been posted.

Undoubtedly, though, the supervisor version has that capability.

Someone had once posted that BusTracker had an attribute in its url so that a supervisor could see the run and badge number of every bus and its driver on the map, and posted what that attribute was. However, the functionality of that ended on the public site almost as soon as that had been posted.

Undoubtedly, though, the supervisor version has that capability.

I never knew that info was once in the public sector. With the Bustracker system being released to web developers and internet geeks to tweek certain aspects of the system. I wouldn't be surprised if some bus fan could reinstate that info to serve there site, (They've already had developers develop apps for I pad.) unless that info is restricted. That would be really cool for the busfans!! :)

Since you mentioned it, I did a search, and the discussion starts about here.

I guess it is a valid question whether that information is retrievable through an app API, or is behind a sign-in firewall.

I shouldn't be giving CTA IT any hints.:lol:

Run numbers and operator badge numbers are not available through the official API.

I for one am not interested in badge numbers but I would really like to check out run numbers throughout the system. I did get copies of new schedule picks to confirm any changes to passenger info signs back in the 60s.

• 8 years later...