MCTS: Service Disruptions and Uncertain future

Just a reminder that if you see some of the KK fleet on Fond Du Lac, it's due to the KK pulling extra weight for FDL Due to the 23 and the MextroEXpress BlueLine. The 4300-series had a VERY short life span, but as you can see during the 2000's and the transit budget problems, i guess the problems also hit the fleet. By 2010, the fleet had aged harder than the 4000-4100 fleet, which where almost 15 years old when they retired. I hope that an automated announcement system is placed on the 5300-series and seeing how the fleet is getting retired quicker than expected, expect MCTS to have a one look fleet at the end of the decade.

68th and State, for the 76.

Most likely that was a FDL, the 76 runs is split from 19th/Capitol station and the FDL station, most of 4800-series is split between FDL and KK, so you will never see a 4800-series on say the 62, 12 or 27 because they are from the 19th/Capitol Station

The first of the 136 new clean diesel buses have arrived and Milwaukee County Transit System, along with the assistance of the Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele and the Milwaukee County Board, will usher the new buses into service on Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 1:30pm. For the first time, MCTS will have a special demonstration, showing the steps it takes to prepare a new bus for service. This will take place at MCTS Fleet Maintenance Building, 1525 W. Vine Street.

Oh yes, definitely some FB shuffling. 4801 just passed me, and that was never at FB before.

I saw 4902 doing route 12 the other day. It did show a FB run number. I wonder if some of the 4900s are moving around or if it is a temporary assignment.

Most likely that was a FDL, the 76 runs is split from 19th/Capitol station and the FDL station, most of 4800-series is split between FDL and KK, so you will never see a 4800-series on say the 62, 12 or 27 because they are from the 19th/Capitol Station

I know FB got all the route 76 runs a few years ago when they lost their runs on routes 14, 15, and 19. I know they got some runs on route 19 back with the current pick but I'm under the impression that they do not share this with FDL. What was the run number, and is it possible to be in the same area at the same time another day just to spot the run number? In another posting on this thread I did mention seeing a 4900 on route 12 and until the other day I had only seen 4900s out of KK.

The first of the 136 new clean diesel buses have arrived and Milwaukee County Transit System, along with the assistance of the Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele and the Milwaukee County Board, will usher the new buses into service on Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 1:30pm. For the first time, MCTS will have a special demonstration, showing the steps it takes to prepare a new bus for service. This will take place at MCTS Fleet Maintenance Building, 1525 W. Vine Street.

I hope they do demonstrations in the future and with more warning cause I want to see this but I can't get off of work for it. I checked out the brochure you made and I like it. Great job!

I know FB got all the route 76 runs a few years ago when they lost their runs on routes 14, 15, and 19. I know they got some runs on route 19 back with the current pick but I'm under the impression that they do not share this with FDL. What was the run number, and is it possible to be in the same area at the same time another day just to spot the run number? In another posting on this thread I did mention seeing a 4900 on route 12 and until the other day I had only seen 4900s out of KK.

I thought that would make more sense to see a 76 calling out of FDL because of the location being closer and with runs ending at Burleigh, it would make it a perfect match for FDL. But if i have to agree with you that towards the end of the scheduled run, they short stop at Capitol, making those buses call from FB, but clearly there are FDL fleets that run on the 76 too. Also @ Busfan2, which brochure are you talking about?

I thought that would make more sense to see a 76 calling out of FDL because of the location being closer and with runs ending at Burleigh, it would make it a perfect match for FDL. But if i have to agree with you that towards the end of the scheduled run, they short stop at Capitol, making those buses call from FB, but clearly there are FDL fleets that run on the 76 too. Also @ Busfan2, which brochure are you talking about?

@Currentz- The link you posted last week. I think it's on mediafire. Did you get to the demonstration at Fleet maintanence today? How did it go?

@Currentz- The link you posted last week. I think it's on mediafire. Did you get to the demonstration at Fleet maintanence today? How did it go?

@busfan2

From Facebook.com/RideMCTS--Today's short presentation is part of a press conference. For individuals who would like to get a closer look at our operations we participated in a program created by Historic Milwaukee Inc called Doors Open Milwaukee in 2011 where tours were given of our Fleet Maintenance facility. We hope to be a part of this program again in 2012.

There is only a photo that the Journal Sentinal published Friday March 9th 2012 in the Metro Section where an operator was seen in a 5300-series ready to pull it out for his run. I will try to look for photos of this event. I did not attend the event due to the statement above, but it would be nice if MCTS let riders know of these public events and not only get to meet transit officials, but also city officials, this was another way where not only MCTS, but transit agencies around the country can get community feed back. Don't do things in secercy, because the public will find out through resources such as the CTA's mess with it's new 5000-series, they pulled them out of service in December 2011 after being introduced in November 2011 and kept it a secret. The Chicago Tribute did a little investagation and found out Thursday March 8th, 2012 that the train manufactor had used bad parts on the trains and they could have derailed

Here it is, the first official sightings of the New 5300-series at the press meeting Thursday March 8th, 2012. County Executive Chris Abele address the Press Transit Ridership increases and the introduction of the New 5300-series fleet. After the presentation, MCTS operator Leodis Hentz inspects one of the 5300-series Thursday before leaving for its inaugural run on his route.

post-670-13313169870607_thumb.jpg

post-670-13313174587727_thumb.jpg

Don't do things in secercy, because the public will find out through resources such as the CTA's mess with it's new 5000-series, they pulled them out of service in December 2011 after being introduced in November 2011 and kept it a secret.

Not true. It was pretty widely known when the 5000s were taken out of service.