MCTS: Service Disruptions and Uncertain future

Saw 5309 working the 35 (35th Street) at Lisbon Southbound to Howard and 5302 working the 21 (North Avenue) at Dr. MLK Drive westbound to Mayfair on Friday March 9th, 2012. It seems the first orders are going to replace the FDL fleet of 4300-series Numbers 4360 thru 4389

Not true. It was pretty widely known when the 5000s were taken out of service.

When press release were issued a couple of weeks later. Riders & Fourm users were in discussion about this weeks before the CTA and Media made it public about the 5000-series issues. I don't live in Chicago, but through "TRUSTED" resources, i knew about it before the CTA made the official announcement

When press release were issued a couple of weeks later. Riders & Fourm users were in discussion about this weeks before the CTA and Media made it public about the 5000-series issues. I don't live in Chicago, but through "TRUSTED" resources, i knew about it before the CTA made the official announcement

Well, that's usually the case, but CTA did make the announcement.

But, if you go back to the 5000s thread in the vicinity of here you'll see that most of the talk was about the cars stalling at junctions; the problems with the bearing housings came up later, which is the real reason they were pulled.

Service Alerts for UBus Service

• The following is the UBUS service schedule during exams and breaks for the 2012 spring semester. Please read carefully:

When UWM is on spring recess, the 40U will run the exam/break schedule from Monday, March 19, 2012 through Friday, March 23, 2011.

However, while UWM is on break from Monday, March 19, 2012 through Friday, March 23, 2012, the 44U and 49U will NOT be operating.

The 40U, 44U and 49U will resume regular service Monday March 26, 2012.

The 40U, 44U and 49U will continue to run regular schedules during MATC’s spring break from Friday, April 6, 2012 through Friday, April 15, 2012. The 42U will NOT run while MATC is on break.

At the end of the semester the 40U, 44U and 49U will run regular service through Thursday, May 10, 2012 and an exam schedule starting Friday, May 11, 2012 through Friday, May 28, 2012.

The 42U will continue running through Friday, May 18, 2011.

There will be no UBUS service after Friday, May 18, 2012 until the fall 2012 semester.

Reminder: UBUSes do NOT operate on weekends.

Saw 5309 working Route 31 to Mayfair on Water and Michgan Tuesday March 13th, 2012. Are we all on the 5300-series Watch now??????????

Apparently. :P I also didn't know KK got some of them, unless they just shifted an FDL bus to the 31 halfway through the day or something.

I saw 5308 working route 30 during lunch. I also saw it after work yesterday doing route 44. I can't wait to ride them.

Also, remember that run numbers do operate on other routes, so that 30 you saw early may have ran as a 44 that morning, returning to FDL after completing its run as a 44 that afternoon, therefore completing it's working day

Also, remember that run numbers do operate on other routes, so that 30 you saw early may have ran as a 44 that morning, returning to FDL after completing its run as a 44 that afternoon, therefore completing it's working day

It's possible that's the case. The 30 was during lunch today and the 44 was last night after work. I just want to clarify that because when I look at my earlier post I think I could have been clearer as to the times. I forgot to get the run number of todays sighting on 30. I do know the 44 I see everynight carries run 305 so my thought has been that is on a fulltime route and that driver does a trip or 2 on the 44 and then pulls in. The only way we can know that for sure is to ask the driver. Maybe someday there will be a bus tracker for MCTS. That would be cool.

It's possible that's the case. The 30 was during lunch today and the 44 was last night after work. I just want to clarify that because when I look at my earlier post I think I could have been clearer as to the times. I forgot to get the run number of todays sighting on 30. I do know the 44 I see everynight carries run 305 so my thought has been that is on a fulltime route and that driver does a trip or 2 on the 44 and then pulls in. The only way we can know that for sure is to ask the driver. Maybe someday there will be a bus tracker for MCTS. That would be cool.

All the buses are already equipped with GPS, the old TransitTV crap monitors knew what major stop you were at, and MCTS has been great with releasing data to Google Maps, not to mention the fact that they've been "promising" real-time tracking for a couple years now. I'd be willing to bet it's just a cost issue. I'm not entirely sure how expensive maintaining a database/server/front-end would be.

run 305 used to be a 10 so the run numbers might have changed to. @ floss i think they may split the 5300 but not at kk, fb is more likely because most of their fleets were 4300 and some fdl 4300 are still in service. but who knows. A priavte retirement ceromony for the 4300-series and for the introduction of the 5300-series should begin in april at the mcts maintence building. They also did a private retirement ceromony for the 4000 & 4100-series in May 2010and introduced the 5100-series into service. Transit officials and some maintence workers pull the last old fleet and one of the new fleet together side by side, usually do a 15 min speech and then ride each bus around, with the older fleet getting it's last official run and the new fleet getting it's first official run around Milwaukee. I witness this because a family member stays across the street of the maintence station, so to see this was history making. I wish i had a camera for that moment, it was very classic

Run numbers are not associated with routes. There can be multiple runs 305 out there, each for a different block route.

Yeah. For example, 305 would mean it was the fifth bus to leave FDL for that particular route (305/10 or 305-10, however you want to write it down for your own records, I don't know how MCTS marks it on their schedules), so you could spot a 305 on the BlueLine or the 23, and it would mean the same thing. 100 being KK, 200 being FB, 300 being FDL. When you see a bus with a run number of, say, 351, that means the bus was the first bus to pull out of FDL in the afternoon (after 11 or 12, I think), likely to prep for the rush or it did a run and pulled back in.

The FUN part is when a bus interlines, so you could see two 305s on the 23 if one of them came from, say, the 10.

MCTS was Working for St. Patricks. Those buses were full last night, with most routes i've seen while driving standing room. Now, if MCTS could promote not only it's local services more, but the New MetroEXpress with it's OWN Route Guide Brochure detailing it's services and a System Route map with just the MetroEXpress Routes and it's Transit Connections, maybe MCTS can continue to keep service levels going the right direction. This was my first time in a LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time that i've seen an MCTS bus full outside of the Rush Hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my Route 90 (Miller Park) brochure. Due to clearance issues, MCTS can not uses this brochure for print or to issue to customers. This brochure is intended for discussion and opinion. This brochure has also made MCTS spark interest in creating an informational brochure about the Route 90 (Miller Park) (A first Finally) at MCTS brochure racks during the April 8th, 2012 schedule change. This brochure is to help customer plan and enhance their trip to Milwaukee Brewer's Home Games during the 2012 season.

Route 90 (Miller Park) Detour Brochure (With Credits).pdf

The First deliveries will go between FB and FDL, as suggested by the number of retired buses placed outside at the FDL maintence building. So far, what we have observed is that the beginning series of the 5300-series buses are being sent to FDL

FDL will get all the 5300's none will go to FB they have already gotten about 15 4800;s from FDL none will go to KK as we got a bunch of 5100;s from FDL we now have 5124 thru 5189 at KK

so far the line up is as follows

what;s left of the 4300's are at FDL & FB

4400-4424 are at KK 4425-4459 are at FDL

4500's what is left of them are split between FDL & FB

4600-4639 are at KK

4700-4732 are at FB 4733-4750 are at KK

4800-4815? at FB 4816-4829 at FDL

4900-4914 at KK

5000-5008 at FDL

5100-5123 AT FDL 5124-5189 at KK

5200-5229 at FB

5300-53?? at FDL

1000-1004 at FB

<br />FDL will get all the 5300's none will go to FB they have already gotten about 15 4800;s from FDL none will go to KK as we got a bunch of 5100;s from FDL we now have 5124 thru 5189 at KK<br /><br />so far the line up is as follows<br />what;s left of the 4300's are at FDL &amp; FB<br />4400-4424 are at KK 4425-4459 are at FDL<br />4500's what is left of them are split between FDL &amp; FB<br />4600-4639 are at KK<br />4700-4732 are at FB 4733-4750 are at KK<br />4800-4815? at FB 4816-4829 at FDL<br />4900-4914 at KK<br />5000-5008 at FDL<br />5100-5123 AT FDL 5124-5189 at KK<br />5200-5229 at FB<br />5300-53?? at FDL<br />1000-1004 at FB<br />
<br /><br /><br />

so what happened to 4460 thru 4468?

Offical Route 90 (Miller Park) Information provided by MCTS. You may also get a copy of my version of the Route 90, thanks to my ongoing support for mcts to address that Route 90 is actually a route and not just a bus stop posted along wisconsin ave. Please continue to support MCTS and address them when there are issues at hand and @ Archon, i didnt know the 4400-series went up to 4469, but where are those assign too?

ROUTE 90 TIMETABLE.pdf