MCTS: Service Disruptions and Uncertain future

i created the timetable and the information is current and correct. the service to skokie was elminated in the mid 2000s and is now replaced by the cumberland trips. im surprised that the 95th stop still exisit but i emailed them this timetable and hope they use it. the megabus is slower and makes more stops and the waukegan trip seemed to disappeared to

... the megabus is slower and makes more stops and the waukegan trip seemed to disappeared to

You might have it confused. The only stops indicated on Megabus are at Chicago Union Station and Milwaukee Amtrak Station. Megabus's schedule is a consistent 2 hours southbound and 1:55 northbound, while some of your trips on The Hound are a bit quicker, not by much, and there seems to be a bigger chance of getting stuck in traffic on the Cumberland-Edens Jct. part of the Kennedy Expressway than the Edens.

To actually get a schedule, one has to go through the "Search and Buy" on the Megabus US homepage.

You could have taken Amtrak, which appears to be about a 1:20 to 1:30 trip. No traffic problems there.

You might have it confused. The only stops indicated on Megabus are at Chicago Union Station and Milwaukee Amtrak Station. Megabus's schedule is a consistent 2 hours southbound and 1:55 northbound, while some of your trips on The Hound are a bit quicker, not by much, and there seems to be a bigger chance of getting stuck in traffic on the Cumberland-Edens Jct. part of the Kennedy Expressway than the Edens.

To actually get a schedule, one has to go through the "Search and Buy" on the Megabus US homepage.

You could have taken Amtrak, which appears to be about a 1:20 to 1:30 trip. No traffic problems there.

Yeah, the Megabus was fantastic... too bad they cut back the number of trips from Milwaukee to Chicago (and vice-versa, even if you include the MN trips).

As far as the Hiawatha, I'm friends with one of the engineers on that line, so I'm a bit biased, but that's usually my preference... ;)

A good number of Greyhound trips to Milwaukee are thru trips, either North to Green Bay or to Minneapolis via Madison. Megabus also runs this route to Minneapolis. At one time Megabus ran the MKE and the Minneapolis routes separate.

Yeah, I remember when the M2 and the M4A were separate. Good days. :P

Oh, i thought the Megabus was slower but now i have learned something. The only reason why i like catching the Greyhound is because of the level of service they provide. The last trip to Chicago used to leave at around 8:00 pm and the last Milwaukee trip used to leave at around the current time of about 10:30, plus they added trips throughout the day to reduce the over crowding of many of the later day trips, including the last 8;00 pm trip because they would have to have an additional bus because of the over crowding. The Cumberland trip is nice because the ridership levels are higher than the Skokie stop and it's close near O'hare and the CTA Blue Line instead of going to Skokie where everything usually shuts down after 10:00 pm. But the timetable is need on this route because its popular and plus i want to know if i can stay later in the city, why not catch a later bus. I see Chicago and Milwaukee becoming Round the Clock midwest cities in 10 years, with the Amtrak service being extending in about 2 to 3 years pending state and federal funding and MCTS also relazing that round the clock transit service is another way to attract riders instead of ending service at about 2 am and starting it again at about 4:30 am

i created the timetable and the information is current and correct. the service to skokie was elminated in the mid 2000s and is now replaced by the cumberland trips. im surprised that the 95th stop still exisit but i emailed them this timetable and hope they use it. the megabus is slower and makes more stops and the waukegan trip seemed to disappeared to

It looks really good!

Also, please look out for my Milwaukee County Transit System 2012 Transit Booklet debuting by the end of February as promised. MTA New York City Subway has also created a Late Night Subway Map and is in limited print, the map is listed in this post

Note: I got my copy of this map on Saturday February 25th, 2012, make sure you get a hard copy of this map, because these are of limited quantiy and they may not make another edition of this map again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brewers season is just around the corner and so is the debut of my 2012 Route 90 Brochure, if you enjoyed the 2011 version, you'll like the 2012 version even better with enhanced features. Check back here for debut date and also MCTS 2012 Transit Overview Booklet debuting in just a few days, gotta put the finishing touches on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brewers season is just around the corner and so is the debut of my 2012 Route 90 Brochure, if you enjoyed the 2011 version, you'll like the 2012 version even better with enhanced features. Check back here for debut date and also MCTS 2012 Transit Overview Booklet debuting in just a few days, gotta put the finishing touches on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE NOTE: The following Statement is from MCTS: Unfortunately, you have used registered logos and materials here that we cannot give authorization for you to use. I noticed you also used the Brewers's logo and other pieces. You would need to contact them

regarding this. To summarize, I'm sorry, but you cannot use our logo or other materials we created for our website for your use.

PLEASE NOTE: The following Statement is from MCTS: Unfortunately, you have used registered logos and materials here that we cannot give authorization for you to use. ....

Well, there are trademark and copyright laws.

But how did they find out?

Well, there are trademark and copyright laws.

But how did they find out?

I mean i already knew that.............LOL SMH............... but i sent a copy over to the marketing department and this may be half of the reason why they've never created an Official Route 90 Timetable, but i hope what they did spark interest in creating one

I mean i already knew that.............LOL SMH............... but i sent a copy over to the marketing department and this may be half of the reason why they've never created an Official Route 90 Timetable, but i hope what they did spark interest in creating one

That might explain other stuff. Pace changed wraps and route names like "The Super Bears Shuttle" to the "Soldier Field Express," and all those route names are now based on the destinations. While that change probably coincided with knuckling under to the FTA charter regulations, there are other instances, such as radio ads referring to "the South Side team" instead of the White Sox. So, by implication, MCTS was saying that they weren't going to pay the Brewers to use their logo.

Of course, since Pace does run advertisements for its Express Buses to Popular Destinations, I suppose the MCTS could market that service, if it wants to.

That might explain other stuff. Pace changed wraps and route names like "The Super Bears Shuttle" to the "Soldier Field Express," and all those route names are now based on the destinations. While that change probably coincided with knuckling under to the FTA charter regulations, there are other instances, such as radio ads referring to "the South Side team" instead of the White Sox. So, by implication, MCTS was saying that they weren't going to pay the Brewers to use their logo.

Of course, since Pace does run advertisements for its Express Buses to Popular Destinations, I suppose the MCTS could market that service, if it wants to.

I was hoping that out of this was that MCTS would create a Route 90 Timetable or Brochure based off their own timetable or brochure Format. Route 90 is a very popular route and i hope that this sparked interest in them creating or at least acknowledging the fact that the Route needs its own timetable instead of a short paragragh in the April edition of Buslines and as recently as in the 2010 Straight to the Gate Brochure, just a noteable mention.

Milwaukee County Transit System-Transit Future (2012 Budget Crisis) Transit Booklet is here now, listed below is a link on how to get your downloadable online PDF version of this booklet, which details the struggles and success story of how the Milwaukee County Transit System were able to create new routes instead of discontinuing almost 21 Routes in Total!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I appericate the success of this forum and hope that transit discussions continue. We should all gear up for the 2013-2014 budget year when MCTS will once again be faced with the challenge of keeping service levels in current form. This booklet is to create discussion about future transit challenges not only facing MCTS, but transit agencies across the country. I hope you all enjoy the Excellent read as i have enjoyed creating it. Thank you transit supports and Chicagobus.org for being able express our transit concerns on a platform that is easy to access and free to express our transit concerns opinions and facts. Without Chicagobus.org, i don't know where i would've have gone to express my concern about the state of MCTS. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the official link to the transit booklet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ehctq1x3ojeukjj

Couple of things to look forward to Milwaukee County Transit Riders over the next few months. The March 2012 Version of Buslines is out and features detailed information about the New MetroEXpress Routes, 2012 Holiday Schedule Calender and a Notice of the Bus Schedules which will Change on April 8th 2012, Which will be available for Preview on March 29th, 2012: BlueLine, GreenLine, RedLine, 10, 14, 15, 19, 21, 22, 23, 28, 30, 31, 35, 44, 48, 51, 52 (Featuring the New Night Service added Thursday February 2nd, 2012), 53, 54, 56, 57, 60, 62, 63, 79, 80. Also, the 4300-series has officially been retired with the introduction of the 5300-series, i saw 5311 posted outside the fleet maintence buliding driving down Fond Du Lac, along with a bundle of 4300-series buses stripped down. Well, that is all for now, please continue to download the Transit Booklet at the link provided and once again, thank you for taking part in this transit discussion. Any Questions or Concerns, inbox me or visit me on facebook at Facebook.com/Corey.K.Ellison. Happy Travels!!!!!!!!!!!

Route 90 (Miller Park) Brochure update from the MCTS Marketing Department:

We do mention Route 90 in our Straight to the Gate brochure. We also produce another piece showing the routing that we distribute locally. (We will add this piece to our distribution racks this year) And, as you know, we have it on our website. We will continue to do all three of those. I will post up My version of the Route 90 Brochure in late March, early April.

All the 4300s are gone already?

That's a fairly quick retirement.

I saw a bunch of 4300s by fleet also and I've noticed that Fon Du Lac doesn't seem to have as many 5100s as KK does so I'm wondering if FDL will get most of the 5300s. I saw nothing else sitting outside of fleet maintanence when I went by on Sunday. I did see a picture of the inside of 5301 because I wrote MCTS about the fact that you can't see the bus number as you move towards the rear of the newer buses because of the ac unit. I suggested putting the number over the info center and it was waiting approval from the higher ups and the picture I was sent had the number there so that is my only interior shot of the new buses.

My uncle who lives in Bay view doesn't drive and he has enjoyed riding the Green Line to downtown. I have to make some time and just go riding one of these days.

I saw a bunch of 4300s by fleet also and I've noticed that Fon Du Lac doesn't seem to have as many 5100s as KK does so I'm wondering if FDL will get most of the 5300s. I saw nothing else sitting outside of fleet maintanence when I went by on Sunday. I did see a picture of the inside of 5301 because I wrote MCTS about the fact that you can't see the bus number as you move towards the rear of the newer buses because of the ac unit. I suggested putting the number over the info center and it was waiting approval from the higher ups and the picture I was sent had the number there so that is my only interior shot of the new buses.

My uncle who lives in Bay view doesn't drive and he has enjoyed riding the Green Line to downtown. I have to make some time and just go riding one of these days.

Do you mind reposting the picture?