For The Motorman In You

chicagopcclcar

There's actually a rail simulator for the PS3 that's based on the CTA "L" called Railfan. It's a Japan import game and the controls are in Japanese or Korean. (now you have a reason to study Japanese or Korean) There is a trailer for the game if you scroll down the Wikipedia page to the notes section and click on the link that says railfan product page on SCEK website. The graphics look pretty realistic. Now you just need to find a place to import the game from. :P

There's actually a rail simulator for the PS3 that's based on the CTA "L" called Railfan. It's a Japan import game and the controls are in Japanese. (now you have a reason to study Japanese) There is a trailer for the game here. The graphics look pretty realistic. Now you just need to find a place to import the game from.

Apparently you have to be able to read Korean to use the second link, which might work for the Brown Line. Given yesterday's discussion, maybe Japanese controls are also realistic. The question is whether it has the deteriorated Addison platform, also discussed this week.*

I'm psycho enough that I simulate the NICTD West Lake Corridor run about once a month, and I don't need a PS3 to do that.

______

*Wikipedia, which is not a source, only lists stations on the North Main and Loop, though.

• 3 weeks later...
There's actually a rail simulator for the PS3 that's based on the CTA "L" called Railfan. It's a Japan import game and the controls are in Japanese or Korean. (now you have a reason to study Japanese or Korean) There is a trailer for the game if you scroll down the Wikipedia page to the notes section and click on the link that says railfan product page on SCEK website. The graphics look pretty realistic. Now you just need to find a place to import the game from. :P
I will look for this game when in Yokohama in December. ;)

Yeah that's true about the rail fan game for ps3,I actually have it (of course because they had the cta's Brown Line featured on the game) but its only sold in Japan and other surrounding countries it's not sold in the US. I had to get it off of eBay and had it shipped to me from Japan, it's a great game in my opinion really get a feel whats it like to be an cta operator. As far as the graphics are concerned they are very realistic because it's an actual recording of the train route starting from Fullerton to the Loop and back to Fullerton they used a technology to make the video playable. It came out originally in 2006 but like I said still a good game to have they have 3other routes in the game one in Japan I forget the other 2 I'll have to find the case cause it's been a while since I played it.

Must Be An Interesting Game!

Yeah it is if you're into trains but I only got it because I love cta both bus and rail. I was reading your page and you said cta is your dream job, I can most definitely relate cause that's been my dream job too since I was 3 as stated on my page lol ans soon I'll be driving cta buses.