The CTA Bus Shuffle

sw4400

Over the past few weeks, there have been some "new" acquisitions for various garages throughout the CTA system.  I ride North Park and Forest Glen Buses a lot, so I notice most buses that have been given from another garage.  So far, here is the list I've seen with the former garage sticker still on the bus.

4524-"6"

4822-"7"

That's all so far.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walking South on Lincoln today, I saw a Flxible Metro with the new logo going North.  The LED Crawl said "Not In Service" and the driver was a woman CTA Technician.(I believe that's what you call them.  She had a yellow vest on).  The Bus number was either 6117 or 6147, I don't really remember now.  The Run Number started with a "F", so most likely it was going to Forest Glen for repairs.  But with all the bus shuffling that might be occuring.... you never know.

More changes seen yesterday.  I was walking up Addison, when I saw bus #6037 going east.  The bus's crawl was dark, but the bus had a "K" sticker on it's windshield.

Shows how much a bus can be shifted. This one was originally a 77, then when 77 got Novas, to Kedzie, then in the big swap to Forest Glen, then back to Kedzie, and apparently now back to FG (unless it was filling in for a NP run, but I thought those were mostly NABIs). Could have also had a stint at 74, for all we know.

A similar deal for 5324. In a short time (about a year back), I saw it on 103, 77, and K routes.

5753 Was On The 29 State And 5748 Was On The 10 Museum Of Science And Industry

At last some evidence that buses from Archer are being shifted farther south to 77th. Apparently 10 is also a 77th route (according to the Regional Plan).

I saw a possible new bus out of the 74th Street Garage recently.  I was waiting for the #9 Ashland bus(which I do some nights) and along comes bus #6074 with the crawl reading N9: Ashland/95th Red Line.  The buses I typically see on this route are #'s 6190-6329.

• 4 weeks later...

I was waiting for the NB Lincoln Ave. bus today, and along comes bus #4683 heading to Howard/McCormick.  I never seen this bus on a North Park run before, so I look at the windshield and there is a "K" sticker.  Another transfer from Kedzie Garage, looks like.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...