Jefferson Park Blue Line Station

sw4400

This may seem like a odd question, but what is it like waiting for a Bus there? If I were to rate the top three rail lines for unsafeness(not so much the rail cars or tracks as the people who seem to lurk in or around the stations), the Blue Line would be #1 on the list, followed by the Red and Green Lines.  Reason I'm asking is the #81 Lawrence Bus terminates at the Jefferson Park Blue Line stop and to go further west on Lawrence, I have to wait probably 10-30+ minutes for a #81W.

If anyone knows what it's like to wait at this stop @ night(between 6:00p and 11:00p), please let me know.

I have never found Jeff Park to be a bad place to wait for a bus. The 16th district police station is down the street on Milwaukee Ave and police are always in the area. There is always some kind of activity in the area and people are always around (not in the bad sense). As long as you stay out in the open and away from the walkway to the L or the L station itself, you should be fine. In fact, I used to go to Jeff Park anytime after 7pm just to avoid Logan Square when I lived in the city. It meant an extra bus, but it was always a safe and secure place to be.

P.S. My pic is a bus at Jeff Pk.

• 1 year later...

There is nothing wrong with Jefferson Park in the evening. There is always a lot of traffic and buses frequently pulling in and out of the terminal. The bus supervisor is always at his post. I once was waiting for the 85A to Touhy around 7pm and there were no problems. I'd be more cautious waiting at Howard after 7pm.

There is nothing wrong with Jefferson Park in the evening. There is always a lot of traffic and buses frequently pulling in and out of the terminal. The bus supervisor is always at his post. I once was waiting for the 85A to Touhy around 7pm and there were no problems. I'd be more cautious waiting at Howard after 7pm.

I live three blocks west of Jeff Park. Never had problems. There ARE homeless that hang around there at night (and day sometimes), but they never really bother anyone. Mostly just sleep in the shelters.

Andre

Sometimes I go to my previous college right there at Northwestern Business College by Jefferson Park, I think that it is one of the best and safest Station for CTA, I've never had any problems catching any bus from there, they are seem on time and always there, even 270. It has plenty of places to eat around there plus couple of friendly places at the station plus 7 eleven.

I think Red Line 95th/Dan Ryan is the most dangerous place to wait for a bus and Greyhound, they should move the greyhound somewhere else. Too many gangs, crackheads hanging out there 24/7. The police and security are there being lazy not keeping the place safe.

As a passenger I think the Jefferson Park station has the best layout of any CTA rail/bus terminal. I board the Red Line at Howard frequently and think the present layout has less utility than the former one. Also, I think the 95th/Ryan terminal is rather "tight" and I don't envy CTA and Pace drivers who work there.

Just my $0.02 .

As a passenger I think the Jefferson Park station has the best layout of any CTA rail/bus terminal.
At Jefferson Park I wonder about (1) having to cross over the bus lanes to board, and (2) the islands being cut back to put in handicap ramps. The unloading is more efficient at JP, but not necessarily the boarding.

At Howard (assuming lanes aren't closed for construction, which is always a rough assumption) you only have to cross over for 147 (which really isn't a feeder there) and 290. With the new station going to be between the stores and the parking garage, it will be more convenient.

Sometimes I go to my previous college right there at Northwestern Business College by Jefferson Park, I think that it is one of the best and safest Station for CTA, I've never had any problems catching any bus from there, they are seem on time and always there, even 270. It has plenty of places to eat around there plus couple of friendly places at the station plus 7 eleven.

I think Red Line 95th/Dan Ryan is the most dangerous place to wait for a bus and Greyhound, they should move the greyhound somewhere else. Too many gangs, crackheads hanging out there 24/7. The police and security are there being lazy not keeping the place safe.

They need to do away with the Securitas guards that you see waltzing around the train stations, they do absolutely nothing. IMO a waste of CTA funds that could be used better. These security people just walk around all day and dont make one difference in CTA security. Everytime I see them theyre goofing around with their fellow coworkers laughing and talking loudly when they should be making sure everyone on CTA property are safe.

They need to do away with the Securitas guards that you see waltzing around the train stations, they do absolutely nothing. IMO a waste of CTA funds that could be used better. These security people just walk around all day and dont make one difference in CTA security. Everytime I see them theyre goofing around with their fellow coworkers laughing and talking loudly when they should be making sure everyone on CTA property are safe.

Same with the "Security Professionals" that Metra contracts during special events. Talk about a waste of money...they do nothing but get in the way, try to be customer service agents (not security) and constantly give incorrect information. While on the trains, they do nothing but take up space and get in the way. Other than show, these jokers are the biggest waste of money out there.