4300/4330-series DE60LF/D60LF - Updates

BusHunter

So a cleam diesel is not a "green bus?" I infer that all series of artics and possibly the 800s and 900s are candidates for the shuttles.

I still doubt it about the 800s and 900s unless they're run out of Kedzie and/or used on the shuttle route meant to serve Roosevelt and Chinatown. My thinking based in part on Hilkevich's writings on the project still is they will want to keep things going with artics on the shuttle routes coming out of Garfield and from 63rd due to the expected high number of passengers to move to the vicinity of shuttered stations going toward 95th.

.... My thinking based in part on Hilkevich's writings on the project still is they will want to keep things going with artics on the shuttle routes coming out of Garfield and from 63rd due to the expected high number of passengers to move to the vicinity of shuttered stations going toward 95th.

Except he implied to the contrary by mentioning "an average of 49 passengers."

Except he implied to the contrary by mentioning "an average of 49 passengers."

I saw that but he also makes the point of 1033 passengers passing through 95th on any given typical weekday. So does anyone really think 40 foot buses are going to cut it, let alone 20 if they keep shuttle service restricted to hybrids on the south end of the reconstruction zone? So I'm sticking with he'll be looking at staying with the artics as more efficient with what small amount of efficiency he seems to expect from CTA.

I saw that but he also makes the point of 1033 passengers passing through 95th on any given typical weekday. So does anyone really think 40 foot buses are going to cut it, let alone 20 if they keep shuttle service restricted to hybrids on the south end of the reconstruction zone? So I'm sticking with he'll be looking at staying with the artics as more efficient with what small amount of efficiency he seems to expect from CTA.

I never implied that those 20 40 ft hybrids would be doing the shuttles alone but simply be sent to assist in the operation along with 4000's from other garages seeing as the powerpoint mentioned green buses and the sighting of a 900 down here. We all know artics are going to be used but of course youre still going to see a few 40 footers here and there so I assumed Kedzie might've sent their hybrids to keep it green if they did end up slipping a few 40 ft buses in. But that has been discussed already above about the actual meaning of "green".

I never implied that those 20 40 ft hybrids would be doing the shuttles alone but simply be sent to assist in the operation along with 4000's from other garages seeing as the powerpoint mentioned green buses and the sighting of a 900 down here. We all know artics are going to be used but of course youre still going to see a few 40 footers here and there so I assumed Kedzie might've sent their hybrids to keep it green if they did end up slipping a few 40 ft buses in. But that has been discussed already above about the actual meaning of "green".

And the answer to that would be no since as I mentioned they still have popped up regularly on the 12 Roosevelt and other Kedzie routes AFTER the reported sighting of a 900 pulling into a south side garage. 804 is on the 126 right now in fact. The closeness of this project has some us reading too much into the occasional loan of a few buses across garages that has been nothing new over the years.

Was on 4334 this afternoon on the 156. Still has that new car smell. My friend that wqs driving said Kedzie was only supposed to get one bus, they're up to 6 and may get 10 altogether.

Or maybe more since I could have sworn more than six have been spotted on the usual Kedzie routes that use artics. As a matter of fact Bushunter's count at the beginning of this thread has the count at Kedzie currently at 15 based on forum members' sightings that were reported.

With Kedzie now having 66 artics assigned, it is now running one of them on the #82 Kimball/Homan each weekday (during the day). Today, 4355 is on that route. The rest of the buses on that route are 40-footers.

In addition, on most weekdays during the day one of 77th's artics operates on the #4. Today, it's the aforementioned 4376. (By contrast, #79 has artics only during rush periods.)

With Kedzie now having 66 artics assigned, it is now running one of them on the #82 Kimball/Homan each weekday (during the day). Today, 4355 is on that route. The rest of the buses on that route are 40-footers.

In addition, on most weekdays during the day one of 77th's artics operates on the #4. Today, it's the aforementioned 4376. (By contrast, #79 has artics only during rush periods.)

The 4 runs with more than one artic in the day. I've even seen a couple back to back. And I bet in the near future once 77th gets some more that 79th will have artics throughout the day and maybe even weekends.... Artics are starting to become more of a regular occurence on the 15 again and 26 is getting 50/50 with them now. Maybe 103rd's gonna end up doing a lot more help with the Ryan project than we thought.

The 4 runs with more than one artic in the day. I've even seen a couple back to back. And I bet in the near future once 77th gets some more that 79th will have artics throughout the day and maybe even weekends.... Artics are starting to become more of a regular occurence on the 15 again and 26 is getting 50/50 with them now. Maybe 103rd's gonna end up doing a lot more help with the Ryan project than we thought.

Yeah 26 is 50/50 now and even the 28 sees more during rush hour when those buses run express into downtown (making it the second current technically local route that operates as an express at least part of the time, the other being the 10, since its bus stop signs are black not red). Speaking of the 26, CTA really needs to decide what its going to do about the Jump wraps on the 4000s that remain at 103rd because on more than one occasion I've seen one operating on 26 when last I checked 26 has no interline with J14 like 192 still does.

Being that 77th and 103rd are the closest garages, of course they will be a a big part of the shuttles. Throw in the fact that 103rd is running with 25 extra buses and 77th is beginning to collect a surplus (10 and counting) and it backs up that fact. I've seen alot of #4300's on the #26 and a few on the #28 (in the rush period only) also, but I haven't seen Jump wrapped buses so far on any route other than #J14. Obviously the Jump buses will be staying at 103rd past the Ryan project, but something will probably happen to the surplus. If they can get the hoists fixed at Chicago or 74th by the time the Ryan project concludes, those garages will probably get the artic surplus.

Being that 77th and 103rd are the closest garages, of course they will be a a big part of the shuttles. Throw in the fact that 103rd is running with 25 extra buses and 77th is beginning to collect a surplus (10 and counting) and it backs up that fact. I've seen alot of #4300's on the #26 and a few on the #28 (in the rush period only) also, but I haven't seen Jump wrapped buses so far on any route other than #J14. Obviously the Jump buses will be staying at 103rd past the Ryan project, but something will probably happen to the surplus. If they can get the hoists fixed at Chicago or 74th by the time the Ryan project concludes, those garages will probably get the artic surplus.

Yeah but with 77th being closer, we assumed they would be doing MOST of the work but maybe not. And i've seen Jump artics run the 6, 95E AND W, and the 169. And the 95W sighting was waaaaaay past rush hour at like 8 something in the evening. May have even been doing another route before that with the insane amount of interlining that goes on between routes at the Dan Ryan.

Yeah 26 is 50/50 now and even the 28 sees more during rush hour when those buses run express into downtown (making it the second current technically local route that operates as an express at least part of the time, the other being the 10, since its bus stop signs are black not red). Speaking of the 26, CTA really needs to decide what its going to do about the Jump wraps on the 4000s that remain at 103rd because on more than one occasion I've seen one operating on 26 when last I checked 26 has no interline with J14 like 192 still does.

Well if they still plan on using 4300-4332 then itll probably happen after the shutdown when all artics aren't shuffling so much and have a more consistent assignment. Cause out of that bunch, 4321 may still be at Kedzie and another hybrid was seen on 79th

No, we said they weren't running as many.

Right not as many. We didn't say none Bushunter. As the rush hour progresses look for the 40 foot count to increase. That's how Kedzie runs that route. It starts out with articulated buses outnumbering in the earlier part of service for the route and gradually progresses to the 1000s outnumbering the rest.

Right not as many. We didn't say none Bushunter. As the rush hour progresses look for the 40 foot count to increase. That's how Kedzie runs that route. It starts out with articulated buses outnumbering in the earlier part of service for the route and gradually progresses to the 1000s outnumbering the rest.

Aren't those first artics part of an interline with the 156 or some other artic heavy route?