Red line train with rear door open

ibebobo

Passengers moving between cars are way down from what it used to be. Now mostly solicitors use the doors. I believe the do not cross signs have actually worked in 80 percent of the cases. As far as the rear doors being open all they have to do is shut the motorcab door across the bulkhead and they have an instantly locked door.

And that's exactly how is should be. Obviously the front door is never an issue, but the rear door should have no access by the public.

Your post does not cite a law. You saying what you think you saw or hear about. There's a difference.

I don't think the cops were arresting people, I KNOW they were arresting people!

I used to see the 24th district arrest reports & that was used as the reason for an arrest 3-4 times a week.

What I don't know is the law or CTA regulation they were charge with.

I don't think the cops were arresting people, I KNOW they were arresting people!

I used to see the 24th district arrest reports & that was used as the reason for an arrest 3-4 times a week.

If you know for a fact that Chicago police are arresting people for crossing cars through the emergency doors, then there's got to be a law somewhere on the books that they using to steer other folks against it by making arrest. Last time I checked, police officers arrest people for breaking the LAW, not some dang on regulation. So your initial response to this guy was self explanatory. The police are LAW enforcement officers, not regulation enforcement.

If you know for a fact that Chicago police are arresting people for crossing cars through the emergency doors, then there's got to be a law somewhere on the books that they using to steer other folks against it by making arrest. Last time I checked, police officers arrest people for breaking the LAW, not some dang on regulation. So your initial response to this guy was self explanatory. The police are LAW enforcement officers, not regulation enforcement.

Regulations are the law. CTA is authorized to pass ordinances,* which are law, and which is probably what is in dispute here.

Otherwise, Mr. CTA saying that "violators will be arrested" would be legal bluff, as well as actual b.s., except that strictures has seen people arrested.

Now, if someone else wants to research the ordinances, feel free to do so.

*70 ILCS 3605/23.

Regulations are the law. CTA is authorized to pass ordinances,* which are law, and which is probably what is in dispute here.

Otherwise, Mr. CTA saying that "violators will be arrested" would be legal bluff, as well as actual b.s., except that strictures has seen people arrested.

Now, if someone else wants to research the ordinances, feel free to do so.

*70 ILCS 3605/23.

Thanks for the clarification. Forgot CTA's municipal corporation status gives its ordinance the weight of law. But it does still support my point that police officers aren't just arresting people for the heck of it with no law in place as pcclcar would be suggesting with his name a law against the practice comment.

Thanks for the clarification. Forgot CTA's municipal corporation status gives its ordinance the weight of law. But it does still support my point that police officers aren't just arresting people for the heck of it with no law in place as pcclcar would be suggesting with his name a law against the practice comment.

The cite a law point is a valid one, but considering the source of the comment, I figure he will now search the ordinances and find it. Unlike the Municipal Code of Chicago, I doubt that CTA has a compilation of its ordinances (as opposed to a chronological collection of recent ones), but I suppose someone interested enough could go to 567 W. Lake and find out.

That doesn't make sense. "I know were arresting.....used as a reason.....don't know ...law or regulation." Seems to me they weren't arrested for changing cars.

I have been told by someone, maybe undercover security that they do arrest people for going between the cars but I have never seen this and I've been on alot of "L" cars. If my safety is threatened I'm still going between the cars and I do it at terminals, but alot of people do it there. Once I tried to be a nice guy and exit the train to enter at another car but the guy in front of me was so slow I missed the train!! Sometimes you're lucky enough to be able to switch cars. On the buses it's harder. Yesterday I was on #6779 in which the whole bus smelled like urine. Now if I get off I have to wait 20 minutes for the next one. So you win some and you lose some.

I was threatened with a ticket years ago when the "no-crossing cars" practice was put into place. It was probably the first month or so - was yelled at by the security person(it was outsourced back then), he was yelling at me making a scene about how he should write me a ticket for crossing cars. I explained that I felt threatened by people who had boarded at the previous stop and so I changed cars. It seemed as though he was more concerned with making an example of me for all those within earshot than with finding out what caused me to change cars.

I was also pretty upset that I would have to wait until actually being mugged to have a good enough reason to use the doors for an emergency purpose. Really, that was part of the conversation.

That doesn't make sense. "I know were arresting.....used as a reason.....don't know ...law or regulation." Seems to me they weren't arrested for changing cars.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

I told you earlier, that I used to see the 24th district arrest reports & they had people's names, addresses & the stated reason for the arrest was illegally crossing from car to car on the L.

**UPDATE**

I found the CTA regulation is used to enforce that.

ORDINANCE NO. 006-75

2.6 Unsafe Conduct

(a) to cross between the cars of a train unless there is an emergency and one has received direct instructions and authorization from an agent of the CTA

http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/ordinances/Ordinance_006-75.pdf

• Upvote 2

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

I told you earlier, that I used to see the 24th district arrest reports & they had people's names, addresses & the stated reason for the arrest was illegally crossing from car to car on the L.

**UPDATE**

I found the CTA regulation is used to enforce that.

ORDINANCE NO. 006-75

2.6 Unsafe Conduct

(a) to cross between the cars of a train unless there is an emergency and one has received direct instructions and authorization from an agent of the CTA

http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/ordinances/Ordinance_006-75.pdf

Excellent research.