Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Which flyer was severely damaged and was thought to be retiredĀ  but returned back during the first 1000 series overhaul. 14?? Was the number,Ā  and is it still in serviceĀ 

Posted
1 hour ago, jtrussel said:

Which flyer was severely damaged and was thought to be retiredĀ  but returned back during the first 1000 series overhaul. 14?? Was the number,Ā  and is it still in serviceĀ 

1482

  • Like 1
Posted

I’m using the chat bot every single day to get 1422, 1449, and 1481 back on the tracker.

Also reminds me no updates on 1331 at all, it was at NP in March but if it still is it never appear on the tracker and nobody has visibly seen it back in service.

SS is starting to change shields again they got some more flyers with new shields in June and July including #1426, #1523, #1565, and #1332

Posted

1234 was back in service it was on 8 on 8/4/26 then it at 74th garage i will see if I can see a 7 sticker or 6 stickerĀ 

And this reminds me last time I saw 1253 at 79th western terminal it has a 7 sticker then I saw 1253 on the 9 Ashland yesterday to 104th and vincennes it haven't got the 7 sticker or 6 stickerĀ 

Posted
1 hour ago, 79th to lakefront 1302 said:

1234 was back in service it was on 8 on 8/4/26 then it at 74th garage i will see if I can see a 7 sticker or 6 stickerĀ 

And this reminds me last time I saw 1253 at 79th western terminal it has a 7 sticker then I saw 1253 on the 9 Ashland yesterday to 104th and vincennes it haven't got the 7 sticker or 6 stickerĀ 

Didn’t you read on what the person telling you to not start said? Plus 1234 is a loan, so don’t get too excited.Ā 

  • Thanks 1
Posted
19 minutes ago, jtrussel said:

Was there a successful bidder on 1000 series overhaulĀ 

If not then this will most likely be the end of the 1000s

Look for the Meeting Agenda to be posted tomorrow. Or maybe next month.

13 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

What is the issue yall have with @79th to lakefront 1302? What exactly does he do? I’m asking because I don’t see anything wrong he’s doingĀ 

I said what problem I had, and he seemed to be somewhat responsive to it. Go back and read it. Others said he doesn't know the difference between a transfer and a loan. Others seem a personal attack, which would violate the Community Guidelines.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
4 hours ago, jtrussel said:

Was there a successful bidder on 1000 series overhaulĀ 

If not then this will most likely be the end of the 1000s

Good question, I’m not sure of the bidding. It’s been mentioned for 4-5 years in the budget for 450 surviving buses to get the overhaul. Someone mentioned #1050 was overhauled in early 2025. Credits to the person.Ā 

  • Thanks 1
Posted
8 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

Good question, I’m not sure of the bidding. It’s been mentioned for 4-5 years in the budget for 450 surviving buses to get the overhaul. Someone mentioned #1050 was overhauled in early 2025. Credits to the person.Ā 

#1050 was overhauled but apparently it's transmission jacked up now it sounds just like #1016 or #1100 for example

  • Haha 1
Posted
39 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

#1050 was overhauled but apparently it's transmission jacked up now it sounds just like #1016 or #1100 for example

I just feel like it’s not hype to rehab them again because of that the 1000s saw better daysĀ 

Posted
9 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

I just feel like it’s not hype to rehab them again because of that the 1000s saw better daysĀ 

But the question is whether CTA can go 400 buses down. Maybe the 150 Low/No hybrids show up in late 2027, also maybe the 20 electric buses, but that still leaves CTA 230 buses short, not to mention that any plan to replace 200 rusted artics is not on the immediate horizon.

What are you suggesting? Maybe King County again has something to unload, or that, after the merger, Pace send over some 6323s or remaining 2600s?

BTW,Ā the agendaĀ is up, and this contract isn't on it.

Posted
19 hours ago, Busjack said:

But the question is whether CTA can go 400 buses down. Maybe the 150 Low/No hybrids show up in late 2027, also maybe the 20 electric buses, but that still leaves CTA 230 buses short, not to mention that any plan to replace 200 rusted artics is not on the immediate horizon.

What are you suggesting? Maybe King County again has something to unload, or that, after the merger, Pace send over some 6323s or remaining 2600s?

BTW,Ā the agendaĀ is up, and this contract isn't on it.

If u look at it the artics are now 18 years old with more frequent breakdowns. I understand where you’re coming from as it can be costly to order a large amount of electrics or hybrids as they are much more expensive than standard diesel equipment.

To answer your question I wasn’t trying to suggest that CTA shouldn’t rehab the 1000s again as they’ve been a workhouse for 20 years which is a long time. If CTA needs them around longer of course they can perform the second round of overhauls on whatever surviving units make it, they are reliable enough, I mean it’s been 13 years since the last one

Posted

It’s definitely getting harder to keep track of which 1000-series buses are still out there. #1865 being back in service is great to hear. With these older D40LFs still putting in the miles, I imagine breakdowns and roadside issues are always something the fleet has to deal with. Here in Scranton, PA, towing and roadside assistance are just as important for keeping commercial vehicles moving, especially when something goes down unexpectedly on the road. Hopefully #1865 gets plenty more miles before its retirement.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...