1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

• 5 weeks later...

I forgot to mention that #1213 has dying transmission and it was sluggish during most of the ride. When I got on at 71st to 87th the transmission sounded like it was tired. I remember listening to the sound of this bus from a video back in 2011 from a YouTuber named Tim Granzow and it sounded better and hyped before the rehabs started compared to today. 

10 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

I forgot to mention that #1213 has dying transmission and it was sluggish during most of the ride. When I got on at 71st to 87th the transmission sounded like it was tired. I remember listening to the sound of this bus from a video back in 2011 from a YouTuber named Tim Granzow and it sounded better and hyped before the rehabs started compared to today. 

It was dead? Someone did a “audio” of 1213 a few weeks ago saying it was dying but it sounded normal. I need someone to get another recording of 1213 so I can see how weird it is

42 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

It was dead? Someone did a “audio” of 1213 a few weeks ago saying it was dying but it sounded normal. I need someone to get another recording of 1213 so I can see how weird it is

Yeah it sounded like it was dying but it still had a bit whining to it tho

18 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

Gotta remember bro these buses are old have at least 5-6 drivers a day every driver got different driving styles so drive the buses like its a rolls Royce while other run them like how CPD run their sqauds 

50 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Gotta remember bro these buses are old have at least 5-6 drivers a day every driver got different driving styles so drive the buses like its a rolls Royce while other run them like how CPD run their sqauds 

I was just about to say that, you can't base a bus performance off of a transmission. Depending on the schedule we're either running the gauntlet or we're cruising like turtles. I'll give you 5 buses that are really sluggish though. #1223,#1295,#1296,#1297 and #1364. 

54 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I was just about to say that, you can't base a bus performance off of a transmission. Depending on the schedule we're either running the gauntlet or we're cruising like turtles. I'll give you 5 buses that are really sluggish though. #1223,#1295,#1296,#1297 and #1364. 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Exactly. 6 drivers always get behind. I just literally got one the other night that was actually able to chill for once. 

58 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Exactly cause ive then had my fair share of buses that I was cruising then then I was stopming the he'll out of the bus 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

#1223? just had it the other day on 3 driver was hauling it SB

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#1213 as well, even it runs out of 103rd

4 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yeah the entire fleet is reaching 13-16 years old. They are aging 

21 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

Yeah the entire fleet is reaching 13-16 years old. They are aging 

They're aging like fine wine compared to the #7900s. I consider them the new Flxibles #6000s of the fleet with how much they rattle and shake interior wise. That suspension is bouncy as well with the front overhang being so far out as it is. The elder #1000s remind me of the MANs #4000s or even the #5300s.  Just reliable all around. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

They're aging like fine wine compared to the #7900s. I consider them the new Flxibles #6000s of the fleet with how much they rattle and shake interior wise. That suspension is bouncy as well with the front overhang being so far out as it is. The elder #1000s remind me of the MANs #4000s or even the #5300s.  Just reliable all around. 

That front overhang is my biggest pet peeve with the nova’s. I was really hoping for some new flyers. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I say the 60's was reliable just rattled but the 7900's are trash you know how many ive then did front end work on I then did more front end work on those more then the NF most of tge NF I did still had OG tie rods & ball joints where the novas hell only 7 years old my crown vic still rocking a OG tie rod & ball joint 1 on each side & ita a 09 compared to the 14+ novas

• Upvote 1