1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

#1164 will be fully rehabbed after completion at South Shop (waiting on updated decals/no right turn sign and the updated watch your step sign inside)(it has updated ADA/Handicap signs on the seat). #1506 and #1510 are possibly the next candidates for the rehab. #1409 was out for testing but I'm not sure if it's rehabbed. #1496 and #1687 are highly questionable of being rehabbed.

#1164 will be fully rehabbed after completion at South Shop (waiting on updated decals/no right turn sign and the updated watch your step sign inside)(it has updated ADA/Handicap signs on the seat). #1506 and #1510 are possibly the next candidates for the rehab. #1409 was out for testing but I'm not sure if it's rehabbed. #1496 and #1687 are highly questionable of being rehabbed.

Any updates on the "red sticker" busses that you saw previously? I wonder if those will be rehabbed soon, 1936 still has not been seen. On another note I think 1954 is rehabbed,

It looks to have new lights.

Any updates on the "red sticker" busses that you saw previously? I wonder if those will be rehabbed soon, #1936 still has not been seen. On another note I think 1954 is rehabbed,

It looks to have new lights.

I think #1936 might be in the position of rehabbing because I didn't see it today. #1506 and #1510 were the only ones with the red stickers. #1732 had yellow and #2000 had green.

Been hearing a loud fan sound on these latest rehabs, #1498, #1638 and #1649. when the bus comes to a stop you hear this fan sound coming from the rear of the bus. Did they get a new ac system or something?after a few moments it tones down unless that has something to do with the brakes. Call me crazy but I have never heard this until today.

Been hearing a loud fan sound on these latest rehabs, #1498, #1638 and #1649. when the bus comes to a stop you hear this fan sound coming from the rear of the bus. Did they get a new ac system or something?after a few moments it tones down unless that has something to do with the brakes. Call me crazy but I have never heard this until today.

1954 had that today on the #1 it wasn't as loud as a overheating engine sound but it is noticeable.

1954 had that today on the #1 it wasn't as loud as a overheating engine sound but it is noticeable.

At first I thought #1498 was broke, I heard this at State/Lake with all the 4 O'Clock crowd around me. Seems like it had a puttering sound on idle kind of like a boat like something spinning like a turbine/small propeller. Strange indeed!! Well #1498 was so new today it had no advertising racks on the side of the bus. It had drill holes where it mounts on though. It looked kind of funny like the bus was sprayed with gunfire. I guess a screw goes into a hole and the rack is mounted off that.