1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

I'm just pointing out that's it's back. I know it's not rehabbed.

I know. I was just pointing out we got the answer to your earlier pondering of whether it got rehabbed during its absence from service in which case I guess CTA surprised you in choosing not to rehab it yet since it was already down for repairs. It was my mistake for not making it clear in the language I used that I wasn't saying anything was off in what you said. Again every response I might make to one of your posts isn't a knock against you or what you say. :):lol:

#1130 and #1498 might be rehabbed. They both are currently being worked on at the South Shop. Bad news: I'm not trying to be arrogant by saying "I told you so" but #1305 (behind #4323) is officially retired after carefully taking this shot of it. It's being stripped mostly in the back especially some windows being removed (probably for parts). This is not good guys.

post-1364-0-17695600-1405348280_thumb.jp

Notable possible rehabbed buses (at South Shop): #1035, #1163, #1193, #1266, #1477, and #16XX

What the hell happened to #1488???? :huh:

Whatever happened, a simple windshield replacement should get it back on the road soon enough if nothing mechanically wrong with it that has it at South Shops.

Whatever happened, a simple windshield replacement should get it back on the road soon enough if nothing mechanically wrong with it that has it at South Shops.

It needs more than that. It must have been in an accident the whole arm and everything is torn off where the right side mirror should be.

#1130 and #1498 might be rehabbed. They both are currently being worked on at the South Shop. Bad news: I'm not trying to be arrogant by saying "I told you so" but #1305 (behind #4323) is officially retired after carefully taking this shot of it. It's being stripped mostly in the back especially some windows being removed (probably for parts). This is not good guys.

That's weird cause there was a special bid that went out to rebuild a NF bus by a third party rebuilder unless that is #1468?

It needs more than that. It must have been in an accident the whole arm and everything is torn off where the right side mirror should be.

Well it can't be this accident in the Uptown Neighborhood because this bus is from 103rd: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-07-11/news/chi-cta-bus-hit-by-car-in-uptown-shooting-incident-20140710_1_cta-bus-hit-shooting-incident-lambrini-lukidis

I'm still trying to figure out which bus was involved in that shooting/accident.

Back to #1488 (not rehabbed at all, just the updated kneeling stickers and no right turn plate), one of the two things that might be a factor of the broken mirror: 1. grazed by a truck and 2. slammed into an object like a light pole.

That's weird cause there was a special bid that went out to rebuild a NF bus by a third party rebuilder unless that is #1468?

That's what I was thinking because that's the only bus that have a better chance of being put back to service. #1482, I have never seen that bus at all.

But still nothing that would keep it from going back into service or keep it sidelined for a long time is my point.

#1257 will be upgraded from just the engine rehab to mechanically rehabbed while I'm riding it on #71 right now.

Is this a sentence error? Because the way I read it, you are going to upgrade the rehab of 1257 from just an engine rehab to a mechanical rehab while it is in use on #71.

That #1952 is a ghost bus. I tried to track it but I couldn't track it. There seemed to be a big gap before #1106 so I assumed it was in that slot besides I was involved in riding #7907. The rear doors were heavy again. They need to adjust the doors. One thing I noticed tonight about #7900's in general. They don't have a vertical bar or anything to grab when you enter the bus right under the box where they have the recorders and stuff. I was like whoa when getting on. You have that same free floating feeling you have when you cross over the accordian on the stimulus artics. Being that this is in the front it sounds like bad news for seniors. (high fall risk)

I see 4323 is still covered up and I wonder why there are 2 4000's sitting there and 1 is stripped of its bus number and bike rack

I see 4323 is still covered up and I wonder why there are 2 4000's sitting there and 1 is stripped of its bus number and bike rack

I only show 4071 out of service. Anyone got a number on the other one? 4323 will hopefully see service again, but only the CTA brass knows that.

I only show 4071 out of service. Anyone got a number on the other one? 4323 will hopefully see service again, but only the CTA brass knows that.

If #4323 should be back in service then they should've put much effort in trying to fix that bus. Otherwise, I consider it retired.