1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Rehabbed: #1411

Getting rehabbed: #1397 #1398 #1666 (rehabbed on the inside) #1674

Awaiting for rehab: #1402 #1475

Questionable for rehab preparation or out of service: #1090

Other Notes: Rehabbed #1027 #1803 are sitting by the fence for an undisclosed reason.

#1480 is mechanically rehabbed while on #8A.

Ok I'm like massively confused over here at western orange line. When did #47 start serving western orange line? Then #1264 is over here as a #52 in the #52a bay. No it's not rehabbed. So what the hell. Next I'll be seeing 51st buses in here. #94's going south are approaching from the south. Now I'm trippin'.

• Upvote 1

Ok I'm like massively confused over here at western orange line. When did #47 start serving western orange line? Then #1264 is over here as a #52 in the #52a bay. No it's not rehabbed. So what the hell. Next I'll be seeing 51st buses in here.

That was like a couple months ago when #47 was serving Western Orange Line due to the construction between 47th/Western and 47th/California causing that route to detour via Western to 51st to California to 47th (vice versa).

That was like a couple months ago when #47 was serving Western Orange Line due to the construction between 47th/Western and 47th/Californing causing that route to detour via Western to 51st to California to 47th (vice versa).

I swear I haven't seen this recently. So #47 is still serving Kedzie orange line cause people are waiting for it.

I saw a #47 pull into Kedzie/orange line. Maybe he didn't get the memo!! Lol!! They have a traffic cop now at cali/51st. Traffic was really screwed up.

Kedzie Orange Line is (and as far as I know always has been) a regular stop for 47 (schedule brochure, which reflects that about half the trips late morning and evening have a short terminal at Kedzie).

As Garmon pointed out, construction detouring 47 between California and Western (which doesn't involve Kedzie one way or the other) resulted in it being detoured via California, 51st, Western (and hence the Western station) and back to 47th (Alert said through Oct. 13, but Garmon says it is over.)

Ok I'm like massively confused over here at western orange line. When did #47 start serving western orange line? Then #1264 is over here as a #52 in the #52a bay. No it's not rehabbed. So what the hell. Next I'll be seeing 51st buses in here. #94's going south are approaching from the south. Now I'm trippin'.

That was like a couple months ago when #47 was serving Western Orange Line due to the construction between 47th/Western and 47th/California causing that route to detour via Western to 51st to California to 47th (vice versa).

Yeah there's some construction project that was going on in the location Garmon mentioned that had the 47 serving Western Orange Line as part of the detour for that route, which was 47th, Western to 51st (serving Western Orange Line along the way), 51st to California and California back to 47th for WB buses. EB do the reverse. The southbound 94 buses coming to the station from the south is because of that same construction and caused a detour of the 94 as well. With southbound buses bypass 47th street altogether, stay on California until 51, go down 51st to Western and enter the station from the south and then back track to 51st to go back to California. Northbound come to the station on their regular routing. Then after leaving the station, double back to 51st, travel 51st to California and turn north on California. The end result is seeing NB and SB #94s serving the station coming from the south in order to bypass the construction on 47th Street.

Ok I can trace my last visit to Western Orange line to 9/15/14 coming into the station via #94. I uploaded pictures of #1738 on that day. That bus i was on was going down 47th through the affected area. This has to be something new.