1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

No, I haven't. I'm trying to get back on track with the list because I've been recovering from an accident involving my bike being permanently destroyed.

First, when you say accident involving my bike, two things pop in my mind...

• 1st and foremost: How are you doing? If you were involved and it was a bike vs. MVA, that could be pretty serious, and you have a lot to be here for(from past avatar pics)
  • 2nd: A bike can always be replaced... it might take a little time shopping and a little $$ needed to save up, but you'll find a new bike.

No, I haven't. I'm trying to get back on track with the list because I've been recovering from an accident involving my bike being permanently destroyed.

First, when you say accident involving my bike, two things pop in my mind...

• 1st and foremost: How are you doing? If you were involved and it was a bike vs. MVA, that could be pretty serious, and you have a lot to be here for(from past avatar pics)
  • 2nd: A bike can always be replaced... it might take a little time shopping and a little $$ needed to save up, but you'll find a new bike.

The important point is whether Garmon has been deprived of his health or means of livelihood. Get better, but I hope you got the license plate number.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear that. That does sound serious especially if it was a mva. Thankfully I've log in about 1,000 miles (probably more than that) on a bike and never had an accident. Just like with a car you have to defensive drive expecting the unexpected. Just because there are bike lanes doesn't make you totally safe. Bike trails are way safer.

#1057 is released from south shops on the #4. #1888 is released from south shops on the #54B

Sorry to hear that. That does sound serious especially if it was a mva. Thankfully I've log in about 1,000 miles (probably more than that) on a bike and never had an accident. Just like with a car you have to defensive drive expecting the unexpected. Just because there are bike lanes doesn't make you totally safe. Bike trails are way safer.

#1057 is released from south shops on the #4.

I wish there were protected bike lanes throughout Chicago on all streets.... it would make travel by bike much safer than just painted bike lanes. I've rode on Montrose EB passing the Metra viaduct and having cars zoom around me on the left just to turn right in front of me at the Kennedy on ramp. Jesus Christ, people... I'm not going to merge onto the expressway!!! Wait until I pass, then turn!!! I think protected bike lanes throughout the city are the safest way to go.

I wish there were protected bike lanes throughout Chicago on all streets.... it would make travel by bike much safer than just painted bike lanes. I've rode on Montrose EB passing the Metra viaduct and having cars zoom around me on the left just to turn right in front of me at the Kennedy on ramp. Jesus Christ, people... I'm not going to merge onto the expressway!!! Wait until I pass, then turn!!! I think protected bike lanes throughout the city are the safest way to go.

Sounds nice in theory, but how will it paid for number one when the city has been saying its been broke in recent years? Where will the manpower come from? And how would you field the boatload of complaints from all over the city at the traffic disruptions needed to make it happen? And that's not even getting into the park issues either from LAZ possibly putting up a fuss that it cuts into the parking spaces given to them through that leasing agreement or potential fuss in areas like the north side where parking in general is already in scarce supply?

#1736 is rehabbed while on #67. Shot @ 69th/Ashland.

Didn't I mention something about lawyers on bus wraps? :rolleyes::P

Ugh that's one ad I really despise because it makes the buses look so tacky from the outside. And so many of the 74th NFs have this hideous ad wrap. And speaking of vanity phone numbers, my first impression about this lawyer was thinking he had some connection with the 222-2222 one. :lol::P

Ugh that's one ad I really despise because it makes the buses look so tacky from the outside. And so many of the 74th NFs have this hideous ad wrap. And speaking of vanity phone numbers, my first impression about this lawyer was thinking he had some connection with the 222-2222 one. :lol::P

That one at least seems to be a legitimate Cicero exchange one, although I thought it was also the Tribune Classified number when it worked both in area codes 312 and 708 (still is in 312). The 708 is not prominent in the ads. And his local office is not in Cicero.

Maybe I should have said virtual number, since the websites for this one and the 312-6 million one both have a more conventional local number.