1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Hey Garmon #1641 is not rehabbed at all on the #52.At least I did get to see #1176 it is rehabbed but they didn't do any detailing on the rear door interior it has a silver covering on it on the bottom on one side and the other is a worn off black color. .

Thanks, I thought it was but I'll accept my error on that one.

Rehabbed: #1993 while on #79

Getting rehabbed: #1992

Awaiting for rehab: #1151 #1513 #1611 #1644 #1858

Questionable for rehab preparation or out of service: #1046 #1071 #1118 #1248 #1607 #1712 #1983

Other Notes: 1 unknown from 74th is awaiting for rehab. 4 unknown are inside the shop.

• Upvote 1

#1195 is not rehabbed while I was on it on #67 not too long ago.

Which would explain why 77th gave it up. I would expect more unrehabbed #1900's soon at 74th. Looks like they want to divvy those up top half to 103rd and bottom half to 74th. Oh goody!! I get to see what Novas FG gets!! :P:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Which would explain why 77th gave it up. I would expect more unrehabbed #1900's soon at 74th. Looks like they want to divvy those up top half to 103rd and bottom half to 74th. Oh goody!! I get to see what Novas FG gets!! :P:rolleyes:

:-/ i hope not, I guess it had to happen at some point. They will probably be AY 74th until they are rehabbed and then hopefully return to 77th.

I have a feeling that 74th Novas are going to be gone as soon as we thought.

This doesn't seem to have taken a big chunk out of the ones transferred from Archer (i.e. 6600s). Since the assumption is groups of 100 buses, this one probably all goes to 77th, and then the next 100 goes somewhere where there are Novas.

About time!!!!! Took them 2 months just to release it after it got rehabbed!!!!

And that proves my point to a certain degree about reading too much into a bus being at South Shops for a few weeks.

I don't know about all just yet, as far as the short term goes, considering NFs that so far have left 77th to push some Novas out of 74th are going there so far as part of a split between 74th and 103rd. Plus it's not set in stone or even a given that the number of 7900s assigned to 77th to free up NFs there will go that far beyond 100 buses especially in light of next year's budget reflecting CTA plans to obtain the full 450 7900s and not just the 300 base order. Unless they start having further NFs displaced from 77th by 7900s all go to 74th and quit splitting them between 74th and 103rd or other garages, I think it still may take some time for 74th to lose all its Nova 6400s especially when they still have somewhere about 125 of them on their rosters.

This doesn't seem to have taken a big chunk out of the ones transferred from Archer (i.e. 6600s). Since the assumption is groups of 100 buses, this one probably all goes to 77th, and then the next 100 goes somewhere where there are Novas.

Well, it's a no brainer that 77th isn't getting all 450 of them but I may have jumped too soon about the old ones leaving too soon.